hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Where should the family section be?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Famous Five Lower

23 25.84%
  • Famous Five Upper

12 13.48%
  • West Lower (South or North ends)

37 41.57%
  • South Lower (Cat B)

17 19.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where should the family section be at Easter Road?

Famous Five Lower or Upper or either corner in the West Lower?

Or should it be Cat B season tickets in the South Lower (East side)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Famous Five Lower or Upper or either corner in the West Lower?

Or should it be Cat B season tickets in the South Lower (East side)
    I'd go with South upper and/or lower depending on demand, Upper first to let the kids have some shelter from the rain

Left by mutual consent!
    What's wrong with where it is? It seems others have their eye on that section of the ground though.

I haven't voted because what is the obvious choice for me, the north end of the east, isn't included.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Where's the "do away with it altogether" option?

I've recently learned that it would be a popular choice.

North end of the East for me.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Make the FF Upper the family section with a family ticket pricing option but not with the dirt cheap £25 tickets that never actually get used. Offer those tickets at that price in the north end sections of the east and west stands only.

then make the FF lower safe standing

In addition to that offer category B season tickets for the east half of the south stand with a free category B kids season ticket with every adult ticket bought and first dibs on tickets in the home end for category A matches.

Lower west, north end.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Make the FF Upper the family section with a family ticket pricing option but not with the dirt cheap £25 tickets that never actually get used. Offer those tickets at that price in the north end sections of the east and west stands only.

In addition to that offer category B season tickets for the east half of the south stand with a free category B kids season ticket with every adult ticket bought and first dibs on tickets in the home end for category A matches.
    There isn't any £25 tickets.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I don’t think there should be one really, kids sit all over the stadium regardless.

However that won’t be popular so I would introduce a category B season ticket for the east side of the Dunbar end and allow those who wish to upgrade to Cat A games to do so before releasing tickets for general sale.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

The prices changed this season. The adults prices are the same as everywhere else in the ground. The kids doubled in price from £25 to £50.
    When my renewal came out last season I thought about moving as a child season ticket was £85 for the other parts of the ground.
    I've got 2 adults and 2 kids so I'm saving £70 compared with the same tickets elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Cat b in south, or do away with altogether, section 2 of west lower has loads of families in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I don’t think there should be one really, kids sit all over the stadium regardless.

However that won’t be popular so I would introduce a category B season ticket for the east side of the Dunbar end and allow those who wish to upgrade to Cat A games to do so before releasing tickets for general sale.
    Think that’s a good suggestion and, particularly for the Cat A games, would mean seats sold were going to be used.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think that those proposing South stand cat B only are underestimating the effect this will have on the adults/parents who want to attend all matches without having to change seats.

Some may not bother at all while others may simply leave the kids at home and take a classic ST elsewhere.

Also kids look froward to cat A matches as much as, if not more, than anyone else - hence the reason they have their own section to watch the big games in safety and comfort.

A family's for life - not just for cat B matches.

I mentioned in the other thread already.

Family tickets - Two options. First option is full season tickets in the Dunbar end of the West. Second option would be a ST that wouldn't include cat A games in the East side of the Dunber lower.

Sining section could then go in FFL.

We need to try to fill the bottom tiers behind each goal. As it is there are far too many empty seats when viewing on TV. This won't be helping us sell the Hibernian brand.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    I mentioned in the other thread already.

Family tickets - Two options. First option is full season tickets in the Dunbar end of the West. Second option would be a ST that wouldn't include cat A games in the East side of the Dunber lower.

Sining section could then go in FFL.

We need to try to fill the bottom tiers behind each goal. As it is there are far too many empty seats when viewing on TV. This won't be helping us sell the Hibernian brand.
    That might work, but I think that family ST no-shows are more down to evening matches, moved kick-off times and matches being televised than whether the match is category A or B.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd offer a Cat B season ticket for kids under 12 in areas of the ground that usually aren't occupied for Cat B games for free if accompanied by an adult ST holder. I'd then allow those STs to get their Cat A seats for slightly more than an adult ticket. For 12-18 I would offer a £75 Cat B season ticket for anywhere in the ground if accompanied by an adult and allow a parent and child price of a fiver more than an adult ticket for Cat As.

I've bought both my kids STs since they were 6 or 7. As soon as the youngest didn't qualify for the £25 ticket we moved to the West. My son still gets a youth ticket and only goes to 4 or 5 games due to work and sport. If I was struggling for cash his ticket would not have been renewed and I suspect that is a fairly common occurrence. he will always be a Hibby but I suspect when he hits 18 he won't attend many games. It is vital we keep kids going until they get their first adult season ticket. If we lose them earlier they might never come back as a ST holder. Given most Cat B games are nowhere near a sell out I don't think we have much to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    That might work, but I think that family ST no-shows are more down to evening matches, moved kick-off times and matches being televised than whether the match is category A or B.
    I agree with that. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

A problem we have is that for many non cat A matches we have virtually no one behind the goals in the Dunbar end. On Sat, Sky Sports News kept showing the highlights and it looked like the ground was virtually empty.

We need to be a bit creative with how to fill those seats as no one is going to swap their East, West or FFU seats for those ones. Make them cheap family tickets and at least get some people scattered through them.

There would still be full family ST's available in the West so people currently in the FFL (I'm one of them) would have the option.

I think any family section should be located in section 37 in the East Stand.

Suggestions for cat B seats in the South isn't a bad shout, the upper & lower east side (sections 31 & 26)could be used for at least 11 games a season, maybe worth a try.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Should you not ask the families where they want to sit?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I think any family section should be located in section 37 in the East Stand.

Suggestions for cat B seats in the South isn't a bad shout, the upper & lower east side (sections 31 & 26)could be used for at least 11 games a season, maybe worth a try.
    Think you’ve just looked at where the worst seats are in Easter Road and thought “that’ll do ‘em”

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Should you not ask the families where they want to sit?
    They’re all over the place though, even when a family section has been in operation for as long as I can remember.

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar
    There are probably now more kids than ever attending football. I’d do away with a dedicated family section but have adult & child packages throughout the East & West Stands.

I’d have the North stand as a non family stand - open to all who want to be a bit more boisterous and not have to watch their language in front of kids. 1800 young loons standing lower & 2000 older radges seated above.
    Last edited by Harpandcastle; 25-02-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Think you’ve just looked at where the worst seats are in Easter Road and thought “that’ll do ‘em”
    You've got a point. They aren't the best of seats in terms of a view tbf.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpandcastle View Post
    There are probably now more kids than ever attending football. I’d do away with a dedicated family section but have adult & child packages throughout the East & West Stands.

I’d have the south stand as a non family stand - open to all who want to be a bit more boisterous and not have to watch their language in front of kids. 1800 young loons standing lower & 2000 older radges seated above.
    Where would you put the away fans?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

West lower north end. Makes complete sense. Could even have kids activities outside the main stand in sunnier weather.

Is there any point in this poll? Every poll and survey so far seems to have been discounted?

Or are we just polling until people finally get the outcome they're hoping for?

What happens if we get safe standing in the East, but singing section in FFL? Am I getting to stand safely but without any singing? 😀

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Where would you put the away fans?
    My original post is mistaken. I’d have the North as a non family stand. The south would remain for away fans.

There's plenty room for flexibility imo.

I suggested awhile back that it may be possible to accommodate both a family section and a singing section in the FF lower.

Make section 18 in it's entirety either an unofficial standing section or a safe standing section, make the back 4 or 5 rows of sections 16,17,19 and 20 the same. Then the rest of the aforementioned 4 sections could be the family section. Thus the singing section is in the FF lower where it will, it has been claimed, create an intimidating and infinitely better atmosphere. It's also been claimed kids will want to be part of this so they can have a section that is close to the noise but won't be right in the midst of it with the risks of having their view blocked etc.

I'd also consider offering Cat B family STs at a cheaper price for the Dunbar End for those who don't want to take their kids to games against the OF and Hearts. If they wish to upgrade for Cat A games they get a short priority window to do so in a stand of their choice.

I always think Scottish football isn't dynamic enough in it's pricing. When you go to an NFL game or a big horse racing meeting the sheer number of viewing and pricing options is almost intimidating. I'm not sure about elsewhere but at Hibs it almost seems a bit too simplistic. 2 family sections offering different environments, pricing and packages would be a step in the right direction imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Aye ok, if you say so 🙄 I thought this was a discussion board?

It doesn't bother me one way or another if the family section remains where it is. Only the club can determine where they think the best location for the family section should be, what they ultimately decide upon isn't going to be greatly influenced by the numerous conflicting opinions of the support, especially those who aren't directly affected by the proposals behind any future relocation.

Irrespective of where the family section is eventually located, it will still only offer the simple choice of either using what's on offer, or not. It's a question requiring an individual response but has so many varying opinions from so many people.

Unfortunately you're never going to please everyone so maybe the club should just publicly make their decision and stick with it?
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Is it just me or is putting the family section in the south stand beside the away fans not a bit daft. Appreciate the suggestions are possibly category B but there can still be bams amongst those clubs and we want our youngest fans to walk through them before and after the game

Just offer family price across the whole stadium and let parents decide where’s best for them