hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: weareallhibs

weareallhibs

I'm now of the opinion that the Singing Section / Since 1875 / Section 43 have have become the most disruptive influence of the Hibs support that I can recall. It's clear reading the two threads that it's turned Hibs fans against Hibs fans, albeit only on the Internet.

weareallhibs fans

I've been watching Hibs for thirty five years and have purchased STs for the majority of that time. I've bought shares in the club and have supported the Hibs in many an away trip. However, because I don't jump up and sing, I feel as if I've become a second class Hibee.

I've seen days when Easter Road has been bouncing and many a day when it's been dull as dishwasher. These days are not dependant on a large crowd in attendance or having a drummer drumming up a rhythm. The common factor has been what happens on the pitch. That is all that matters to me.

I think the Singing Section has been a great addition, but we all need to stop using it to turn Hibs fans against Hibs fans. If the latter is the outcome, I would happily see the Singing Section etc disappear.

For lovers of Animal Farm, it feels like “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

WEAREALLHIBS FANS

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm now of the opinion that the Singing Section / Since 1875 / Section 43 have have become the most disruptive influence of the Hibs support that I can recall. It's clear reading the two threads that it's turned Hibs fans against Hibs fans, albeit only on the Internet.

weareallhibs fans

I've been watching Hibs for thirty five years and have purchased STs for the majority of that time. I've bought shares in the club and have supported the Hibs in many an away trip. However, because I don't jump up and sing, I feel as if I've become a second class Hibee.

I've seen days when Easter Road has been bouncing and many a day when it's been dull as dishwasher. These days are not dependant on a large crowd in attendance or having a drummer drumming up a rhythm. The common factor has been what happens on the pitch. That is all that matters to me.

I think the Singing Section has been a great addition, but we all need to stop using it to turn Hibs fans against Hibs fans. If the latter is the outcome, I would happily see the Singing Section etc disappear.

For lovers of Animal Farm, it feels like “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

WEAREALLHIBS FANS
    I don’t think it’s the singing sections fault at all

I just think the nature of football fans and society in general is to have differing opinions

Probably wouldn’t be a fans forum without it. A bit unfair to place the blame on the singing section/sect 43/since1875 who’ve only helped to try and build a better atmosphere whether that works or not

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think the problem is the written word on fans' forums such as this one. Things can become far more polarised than a similar discussion over a pint.

Left by mutual consent!

weareallhibs fans

WEAREALLHIBS FANS
    We are all Hibs fans apart from the ones you disagree with and want to call out as disruptive?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

weareallhibs fans

WEAREALLHIBS FANS
    Your opinion is contrary to that of LeeAnn and Ron who were both very complimentary of the Since 1875 group tonight at a event for fans. LeeAnn highlighted the time and effort they put into displays, their numbers both home and away and their behaviour which has been a credit onto themselves since moving to the North.

I would say the fans trying to stop the singing section from improving the atmosphere are the disruptive ones. How can you call a group of lads that put so much effort into improving the atmosphere and making fantastic displays disruptive?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Hibee View Post
    I would say the fans trying to stop the singing section from improving the atmosphere are the disruptive ones. How can you call a group of lads that put so much effort into improving the atmosphere and making fantastic displays disruptive?
    Which fans are trying to stop them from improving the atmosphere?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar

weareallhibs fans

WEAREALLHIBS FANS
    Excellent post.
    The first para has been misinterpreted or maybe given too much weight.
    But the rest is absolutely spot on.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think the problem is the written word on fans' forums such as this one. Things can become far more polarised than a similar discussion over a pint.
    Agree

I wouldn't go so far as to say the singing section debate ( which lets face it has been ongoing for years ) has caused any sort of serious argument within our support ... the Rod Petrie and Neil Lennon issues caused far more division ..... what we have here is a simple difference of opinion on how the singing section should be accommodated and how much importance should be given to it.

Nor would I agree that anybody is suggesting some fans are more important than others either. But its beyond question that a big and more importantly visible 'ultras' section in any stadium is a valuable thing to have ... and clubs who do have them make a feature of them and use them to promote the club's image .. the Kop at Liverpool and the Yellow wall at Dortmund being obvious examples.

For the likes of me far from being something Hibs need to be cajoled and argued with to facilitate, the club itself should be actively promoting the growth of an ultras section in the stadium and encouraging fans to be part of it.

How can any Hibs fans argue that that wouldn't be a good thing.

All these guys wanted to do was move to a different area of the stadium for one game. No idea how this has led to them being a disruptive influence?

It's caused a debate on a forum.

Were they disruptive when they held up the Time for Heroes banner at Hampden? A banner that Hibs then used as the name of the DVD.

Was it disruptive when everyone got a laugh out of the Natural Order banner?

Were they disruptive when they spent weeks putting together other fantastic displays in the Famous Five, which most Hibs fans seem to like?

Threads like this go a long way to creating a divide. These guys and girls give up a lot of their spare time making wonderful displays and try their hardest to improve the match day atmosphere. You could argue the small group that complain about them are the disruptive ones

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The move to the famous five has made the atmosphere at games worse than it was before. I think the singing section have realised this and are trying to do something about it. I wouldn’t say they’re becoming divisive, but I think they just need to bite the bullet and move back over to the East. I quite like the idea of having them in the FFL but the club clearly don’t want them there which is a shame.
    I get where the op is coming from, but I don’t think it’s the intention of anyone in the singing section to make other fans feel like they’re any less important than they are, they just want to create a better atmosphere at the games.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The move to the famous five has made the atmosphere at games worse than it was before. I think the singing section have realised this and are trying to do something about it. I wouldn’t say they’re becoming divisive, but I think they just need to bite the bullet and move back over to the East. I quite like the idea of having them in the FFL but the club clearly don’t want them there which is a shame.
    I get where the op is coming from, but I don’t think it’s the intention of anyone in the singing section to make other fans feel like they’re any less important than they are, they just want to create a better atmosphere at the games.
    Great post.

They wanted to grow and improve the atmosphere further so relocated to FFU. They realise now in hindsight this hasn’t worked and had a negative effect on the atmosphere so are proactively trying to do something about it.

From what I read across the main forums and social both FFL and East are suggested alternatives by the vast majority of the support. Evidence by the poll that they conducted a month or so back.

They had an idea to try FFL as a trial for one game. A game specifically chosen as ticket sales were predicted to be very poor which again they were correct with as they are. They could've picked the derby on Tuesday which would have been a lack of judgment.

They communicated with the club. Had a meeting set up at 6pm last Fri with Ron, Leeann and others which was cancelled that afternoon. They had dialogue with the safety officer who gave the green light via email. This was then shared by the group proactively once more before the club u-turned on Monday as they realised Ticketmaster could not facilitate what was been tried and they had, had a couple of complaints from supporters.

I read a lot about entitlement by some posters. Having previously been involved in the group that sort of comment is wide of the mark and to a degree hurtful. Some posters on here, many of which have nothing to do with the group might I add, have done the group no favours in that sense though with some of the nonsense they’ve posted.

I reach 30 this year, have recently started a family and chose to take a step back from this. I can assure supporters on here there is no sense of entitlement and all the lads are trying to do is facilitate change that leads to a better atmosphere.

Finally, to answer Baldy’s point re privileged ticket sales ~200 at derbies etc this is completely inaccurate. The maximum amount of tickets for a derby has been 30. For Ibrox it’s been 15. This is well trailed and Hibs communicated this a couple of years back. Other branches receive similar allocations and rightly so given their commitment to following Hibs week in, week out. Again, this is fact as it was me for 4-5yrs who liaised with Nicola and subsequently Claire at the ticket office on the matter (think Claire has now gone too?).

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Finally, to answer Baldy’s point re privileged ticket sales ~200 at derbies etc this is completely inaccurate. The maximum amount of tickets for a derby has been 30. For Ibrox it’s been 15. This is well trailed and Hibs communicated this a couple of years back. Other branches receive similar allocations and rightly so given their commitment to following Hibs week in, week out. Again, this is fact as it was me for 4-5yrs who liaised with Nicola and subsequently Claire at the ticket office on the matter (think Claire has now gone too?).
    Firstly, thanks for taking the time to reply to some of the points that have been raised across what are now three threads

I think it would help massively in the future if the ‘official’ Since 1875 account on here stuck around to answer some of the questions that get raised rather than dropping a statement and disappearing leaving others to answer for them. At least that way we get some clarity and their own viewpoint rather than it being lost in the opinions of loads of others!

One other small question, in terms of the allocation of tickets for away games you mention above - is this still happening now?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Firstly, thanks for taking the time to reply to some of the points that have been raised across what are now three threads

I think it would help massively in the future if the ‘official’ Since 1875 account on here stuck around to answer some of the questions that get raised rather than dropping a statement and disappearing leaving others to answer for them. At least that way we get some clarity and their own viewpoint rather than it being lost in the opinions of loads of others!

One other small question, in terms of the allocation of tickets for away games you mention above - is this still happening now?
    Having been close to the group for a long time, I know that it's not simple for them to just reply to all the posts.

They are a group of 6-7 guys and all have differing opinions. A few of them might see it as good to reply, some of them might think it will just cause bother and others might not see the point when they have put their point across in the original post.

You don't see the Official Hibs account replying to all the posts on the ticket detail threads etc.

They probably have to all agree on what to put up on here and they are all guys with full time jobs and families to deal with first.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Having been close to the group for a long time, I know that it's not simple for them to just reply to all the posts.

They are a group of 6-7 guys and all have differing opinions. A few of them might see it as good to reply, some of them might think it will just cause bother and others might not see the point when they have put their point across in the original post.

You don't see the Official Hibs account replying to all the posts on the ticket detail threads etc.

They probably have to all agree on what to put up on here and they are all guys with full time jobs and families to deal with first.
    If the group want to build a consensus and engage with the wider support - which is absolutely key to them getting more people onside - then they would be better placed to come up with a way of answering questions that get raised. If they can come together to put out a statement, then they can surely do the same to answer questions?

Otherwise, it’s like they’re farting in a lift and getting out at the next floor, leaving those left inside the lift to deal with it

@hibs.net private member
    If the group want to build a consensus and engage with the wider support - which is absolutely key to them getting more people onside - then they would be better placed to come up with a way of answering questions that get raised. If they can come together to put out a statement, then they can surely do the same to answer questions?

Otherwise, it’s like they’re farting in a lift and getting out at the net floor, leaving those left inside the lift to deal with it
    It’s good feedback TBF. I think they are trying with things like the recent poll but I appreciate that a statement can often lead to more questions than answers. I’ll pass on this to those involved.

Left by mutual consent!

Otherwise, it’s like they’re farting in a lift and getting out at the next floor, leaving those left inside the lift to deal with it
    When you read some of the opinions on here, it does seem genuinely impossible to engage with some of the comments/opinions of certain Hibs fans. 'Why do you need a designated section anyway?', how do you even begin to answer a question like that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    When you read some of the opinions on here, it does seem genuinely impossible to engage with some of the comments/opinions of certain Hibs fans. 'Why do you need a designated section anyway?', how do you even begin to answer a question like that
    That’s what you need to do to make change happen - folk will be resistant. Give the reasons and benefits to them of the change and they’ll start to buy in. Just ridiculing then and not answering questions (as basic as they may seem to you) won’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Well, I would suggest that the answer is that there is loads of evidence from all around the world that shows a visible area in a stadium where the 'ultras' gather can, and often does, hugely improve the atmosphere at games.

The problem with our singing section is that because it has been allocated blocks .. firstly in a stand where they were a small part of a bigger entity and secondly in an area where they can hardly be seen by half the stadium .. their potential for growth and to be attractive as the place to be for younger fans has without doubt to my mind been severely hampered.

Give them that self contained 2000 capacity lower deck in the FF lower and watch them grow .... there was a guy posting on this subject who said his club in Holland did this and it was a roaring success. Why not at Easter Road then?