hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This goes towards what I've been saying. Palace are a great example, their team is average at best, but as you say they are attracting young fans enthused by the reputation their version of Since 1875 and other fans in England are somewhat envious of the atmosphere being generated at Selhurst Park by a relatively small portion of fans.
    Yes NN, I have been in the Holmesdale many times and their SS get everybody going (or at least those that want to sing) AND most commentators (TV and Radio) in the EPL never tire of referring to the "best atmosphere in the EPL/England".

Using Palace as an example is actually a great analogy and HFC should look at it and see where it can lead to in terms of atmosphere rather than resist these guys in 1875, come on Ron you know it makes sense (for some reason I do not think our CEO would but there you go).
    Last edited by hibeerealist; 25-02-2020 at 04:43 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    I get your point however the SS (or whoever spoke to HFC on this idea) have been hung out to dry, NOTHING from HFC to even confirm it was even discussed leading to accusations they made it up!!

It need not have grown arms and legs if HFC confirmed the position and simply said we may look again at this in future or words to that effect.

HFC saying nowt is their default position (virtually 100% of the time) thereby creating division even if they dont mean to, it could have been handled so much better. You get my point?
    You're right. Hibs have said absolutely nothing.

The confusion and disagreement has been caused by people posting that the singing section was moving to the FF lower on Friday even though no arrangements had been made with the club.

But that's Hibs' fault?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    I get your point however the SS (or whoever spoke to HFC on this idea) have been hung out to dry, NOTHING from HFC to even confirm it was even discussed leading to accusations they made it up!!

It need not have grown arms and legs if HFC confirmed the position and simply said we may look again at this in future or words to that effect.

HFC saying nowt is their default position (virtually 100% of the time) thereby creating division even if they dont mean to, it could have been handled so much better. You get my point?
    I think everyone would have welcomed a statement about this from Hibs, but I'm not sure that it would really have helped.

People have taken the stance that they're more important to the club than both the families in the FF and ST holders in the top tiers of the stadium. Whatever explanation Hibs gave would just meet with the same arguments that we've seen on here.

Given the number of posts on these threads which have been completely misinterpreted, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has jumped the gun and assumed agreement when none had been confirmed.

If Hibs had promised me something, then gone back on their word, I'd be contacting them asking for an explanation. Has that happened? I don't know, but I haven't read an explanation anywhere.

To be frank, it looks like the SS people have had a bee in their bonnet about getting repositioned in the ground and didn't think this through before rushing to get it implemented.

The timeline of events suggest to me that it was never had a chance of getting off the ground. It might be oh so easy to the folk who want change, but it's far from simple and takes time and planning.

Some of the posts from those wanting to move have been utterly selfish and disgraceful. "F the families, we're more important' type posts were a disgrace.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 25-02-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie79 View Post
    This 100%. Great post, well said!

My son is 21 this year, despite my best efforts to make him a Hibby by taking him to games he was swayed (sadly) by 1 trip to Ibrox with his pals. Its was full, it was noisy, it was colorful. Simply put, he wont be the first or the last to do this. This in itself is where the club shoots itself firmly in the foot.

The fact this is popular in Germany is simple, as a fan, your the clubs number 1 priority, nothing else matters. I go to watch Union Berlin 4/5 times a year and have met the UK Social Media guy a few times that works for them. He's a glaswegian and has shown us round the stadium a couple of times and gave us great insight into the way the club works and the lengths they go to to accomodate the fans is unreal. The stadium holds roughly the same as ER and has 1 seated stand and the atmosphere is easily the best ive been to. Now you have to ask yourself how a club with a similar sized fanbase to ours operating mostly in the 2 Bundesliga is now punching well above its weight in the German Bundesliga? Absolutely get the team on the park is the main reason as they get the results but if you ask any of the players, staff or anyone involved with the club if the fans/ultras play a part they would say yes.

Can anyone offer a reasonable explanation as to why they think this sort of model wouldnt work here? or why it shouldnt be at least given a good go?

IMO the club have moved backwards on this topic and just hammers home the fact that not only us fans of Hibs but most clubs in the UK we are so far down the pecking order of the clubs priorities its actually laughable.
    I bet he will come back to Hibs he won't want to change as he will feel silly but he will keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Agree with all that except "other branches receive similar allocations".
    Our branch from Linlithgow and Bo'ness has never been offered or received any type of group allocation for over 20 years and we are almost 100% season ticket holders. Would be interested to know who to contact to arrange 15-20 seats together at Tynie, Hampden, Ibrox, Tannadice, Falkirk et all.
    Brian
    my point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Spot on

Success on the park and everything else takes care of itself
    But this objectively isn’t true and doesn’t work.

Still a very useful thread. Conversations I’ve had today have been positive and there’s no doors shut - certainly open to positive change - but one thing any complete change (of any type) can’t be is rushed - we’ve already had a couple of stadium moves and upgrades for different reasons in recent years and any change needs a well thought out plan, executed correctly.

Looking at stuff like seating categorisation, stadium layout, a dedicated singing section, a dedicated family section, safe standing and other matchday touchpoints in isolation is really important - they might link but are very different components of the bigger conversation.

Season Ticket marketing is soon to be released for 2020/21 so there’s only so much changes that can be made short term but I’ve passed on as much information and Supporter download as I can to help with creating opportunities for us moving forward - more than confident the club will utilise all of that (I’ve mentioned previously they do appreciate feedback and are open to change but it needs to be done in the right way).

I’ll keep working with the club to keep on top of this and make sure we’re all making full use of their and our potential. If I can get more information out at the end of the month in the regular update I will.

Gies a shout if I can help with anything.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You're right. Hibs have said absolutely nothing.

The confusion and disagreement has been caused by people posting that the singing section was moving to the FF lower on Friday even though no arrangements had been made with the club.

But that's Hibs' fault?
    Arrangements were made, with the club, which the group acted upon and the club done a u-turn on their position leading to this statement. This is fact.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Still a very useful thread. Conversations I’ve had today have been positive and there’s no doors shut - certainly open to positive change - but one thing any complete change (of any type) can’t be is rushed - we’ve already had a couple of stadium moves and upgrades for different reasons in recent years and any change needs a well thought out plan, executed correctly.

Looking at stuff like seating categorisation, stadium layout, a dedicated singing section, a dedicated family section, safe standing and other matchday touchpoints in isolation is really important - they might link but are very different components of the bigger conversation.

Season Ticket marketing is soon to be released for 2020/21 so there’s only so much changes that can be made short term but I’ve passed on as much information and Supporter download as I can to help with creating opportunities for us moving forward - more than confident the club will utilise all of that (I’ve mentioned previously they do appreciate feedback and are open to change but it needs to be done in the right way).

I’ll keep working with the club to keep on top of this and make sure we’re all making full use of their and our potential. If I can get more information out at the end of the month in the regular update I will.

Gies a shout if I can help with anything.
    Cheers for the update K. Any word on the cancelled meeting being rearranged?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Cheers for the update K. Any word on the cancelled meeting being rearranged?
    Nothing on that specifically - ultimately it’s Ron they’ll want to meet and vice versa of course - but I do expect the group to have further contact from the club.

The group is a good influencer and all senior management at the club agree they contribute a lot. It’s about working and planning it in more (maximising the potential of this in amongst everything else the club is soon to release).

The Since 1875 lads should be encouraged

Young, innovative, energetic and they generate a great atmosphere at Easter Road !

When they were in The East the atmosphere at our ground was the envy of all the away fans

I thought the days of Hibs scoring PR "own goals" were over ?

Farce

P.S What happened to the recent Since 1875 poll where the fans were asked where we'd like them to move to ?

WE ARE ALL SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Aye so it does ........ how's that been going for us since the 1950s? With the notable exception of Mowbray's team up until 2016 we spent 40 odd years raving about a team whose sole tangible achievement was a single solitary league cup. I know there was more to them than that, but if you measure success in trophies then they ultimately failed.

If on field success is fleeting at best how do you make your club an attractive prospect for kids and floating potential supporters? You make the games it plays worth attending for the whole experience and when on field success is far from guaranteed what its stadiums atmosphere is like and the reputation of its support become major factors.

Any football fan worth their salt knows about St Pauli .... what have they won, were is their reputation for exciting football? Every fan knows about the 'Yellow wall' which attracts tourist fans from all around the world to watch Dortmund, not their exciting football or trophy laden cabinet.

Its difficult and expensive to achieve on field success, not to mention a decent slice of luck being required for a club like us. What you can influence relatively inexpensively and without luck being involved is what your club is like to support and how much its fans identify with it ... As a fan if you can't bum about your clubs on field success the next best thing is to be part of a support which is admired by other fans for the backing they give it. Young fans want to be part of a support with a good reputation for the backing their team.

If we were to seriously work on this as a club and support we would leave Hearts trailing as the club of choice in Edinburgh .... the fact that we don't recognise that fact as a club frustrates the hell out of me, with the one bright light in the whole thing being that the current owners of Hearts appear to be as woeful in this area as Hibs are. Heaven help us if they wake up before we do.
    This is all excellent and I agree completely with it.

Here’s the other point I’d make. We can assemble a great squad and, sure, the atmosphere might improve for a bit as the results are better and fans are happier. But that isn’t sustainable. Soon enough, Celtic, Rangers and about forty clubs from down south come circling, and those players move on.

What can’t those clubs take away from us? An active support that, as you say, attracts future generations and improves the match going experience at Easter Road. It seems like such a no brainer to me. Events on the park can’t always be controlled, in the pecking order of modern football we’re at the mercy of clubs with more money. Why aren’t we trying to take advantage of what we can control?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

Here’s the other point I’d make. We can assemble a great squad and, sure, the atmosphere might improve for a bit as the results are better and fans are happier. But that isn’t sustainable. Soon enough, Celtic, Rangers and about forty clubs from down south come circling, and those players move on.

What can’t those clubs take away from us? An active support that, as you say, attracts future generations and improves the match going experience at Easter Road. It seems like such a no brainer to me. Events on the park can’t always be controlled, in the pecking order of modern football we’re at the mercy of clubs with more money. Why aren’t we trying to take advantage of what we can control?
    Nail on head !

Hear hear - well said

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

Me and you are singing from the same hymn sheet mate

The highlighted bit is the crux of this .... with the active support of the club and a willingness by it to recognise the undoubted worth of a support and stadium atmosphere folk want to be part of we could steal a march on Hearts that they would struggle to claw back when it comes to attracting future supporters and enthusing the ones we already have. With Budge in charge over the road we still have time to exploit this area to attract future fans both clubs will be competing for.

If we do nothing and the fans do take control of Hearts I doubt they will be so inactive on the subject .... I look at Tynecastle and I see a stadium absolutely set up for a kop like fans section .... rip out the seats in the Gorgie Road stand, chuck in 3000 rail seats and like it or not you would have the best kop stand in Scotland, its absolutely made for it. Like I said, thankfully Budge cant see it, but I'm willing to bet 90% of the folk who contribute to Foundation of Hearts can.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    I accept your point completely, Hibs should never price out young kids from attending and I'm really pleased at what we've done to make football more affordable for families attending with their children.

But here's one issue I have with some clubs' pricing strategies for kids, and it's not a complaint at our club specifically, it goes on across the country. I'll use an example in our division - Motherwell, a club who are rightly applauded for some of the fantastic community work that they do. For January's game at Fir Park, their prices were as followed; adults: £24, over-65s, students and 16-18 year olds: £17, under 16s: £3.

Now yes, the fact you can take your child for £3 to a game is fantastic, and should be applauded. But let's look at this realistically, do the majority of our regular away supporters take young children to every away game? No. Who are the key demographic that go to away games? I'd personally say 16-30 year olds, in terms of those who stand, sing and make an atmosphere. So if you're 16-18, you're paying £17 for a ticket, which is quite a lot considering many won't be in any sort of full-time employment at that age. And then if you're 19 years old, you're suddenly looking at paying a sum of £24 to see a bog-standard Premiership game in Scotland.

I don't dislike cheap kids tickets, but I am acutely aware of the fact that they sometimes seem to be used to cover for poor adult pricing. Wouldn't it be better if Motherwell charged £20 for an adult and £7 for an under 16? So yes to cheap family pricing, but equally let's be vigilant against clubs using good publicity from that as a means to increasing adult tickets on the quiet year-on-year.
    I agree with the principle entirely, I'd go as far as to say that 12-16 (or 18) year olds should have a price category of their own that falls between adult and child, and if that meant bumping up the full adult price by a couple of quid, then so be it.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 26-02-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    https://twitter.com/1875_since/statu...71592012386305

Doesn't look like any 'toys out the pram' stuff to me, good on them for keeping a level head despite their obvious (and justified) frustrations with the status quo. Hope they do their best to help the atmosphere on Friday night and help the team through to Hampden

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Hibernian FC will trial a singing section in the Famous Five Lower Tier for the Club’s European matches this season.

Great news
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Great news. Make it loud and make it happen permanently.

Well done the board imo.

Has to happen now

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Hibernian FC will trial a singing section in the Famous Five Lower Tier for the Club’s European matches this season.

Great news
    Good news, but why another trial?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Great news
    Great stuff. Any idea where the family section would be moved to if this went ahead permanently?

Yee ha I’m in better not tell my grandaughter that her 63 year old grandad gonna be joining in in all seriousness excellent news forward thinking by the club again

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Get it fuller I suppose?

IIRC the only time they've been in the lower was in the kids Euro games and a cup game from 2020 against ICT?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Hope we get some sort of run going as not much of a trial if only 2 games and one if them is against a team from Andorra.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Hope we get some sort of run going as not much of a trial if only 2 games and one if them is against a team from Andorra.
    'Mon the vikings from the faeroes 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Pretty sure it was just a couple of blocks the last few times ... this time its the whole FF lower. I doubt we'll get 2000 fans in it given the opposition, but 1000 would be good with the hope that that builds as we progress through the rounds

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Great stuff. Any idea where the family section would be moved to if this went ahead permanently?
    Anybody in the lower tier would just be integrated into the other 2 stands. In effect there would be no family stand. IMO there is no need for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Anybody in the lower tier would just be integrated into the other 2 stands. In effect there would be no family stand. IMO there is no need for one.
    Tend to agree. I remember in the late 80s / early 90s it was just a few hundred seats, later morphed into an entire stand, or half of one.

Kinda pointless now you mention it.

You can just have family tickets in selected sections of the ground.

Club need to be pretty blunt on this. “We’d love to have the signing section behind the goals, but we ain’t sure we can trust the (very small minority of) bampots not to throw **** at the opposition or run on the pitch.

Another trial makes sense.

We had the unofficial one at the LC game a few seasons back then a couple at the youth games last season. Extending that to a 1st team game (officially) is the next logical step, particularly as it will now take in the entire lower tier.

It's really up the the people who want this to work to make sure it does. That means getting a big crowd into the section and self policing a bit so 1 or 2 don't **** it up for everybody.

Hopefully it's a success.

Have just purchased, biit disappointed no window of opportunity for FF Lower ST Holders to purchase own seats.