hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Christian Doidge

The big man scored again yesterday taking his goal tally to 17 in 35 games which is something I’m sure none of us expected after the first couple of months.

A minimum of 11 games left could easy see him finish on 20-25 goals if he continues his current strike rate.

With the hot streak he is on and a good chance he will get called up to the Wales squad, alot of teams will be keeping a keen eye on him.

The question is, will we be able to hold on to him this summer? A lot of English clubs will already have knowledge of him and his scoring record here and any potential call up would only bring him to their attention even more.

If we were to sell him, what sort of fee would we be looking at?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Should be offering him a new deal now.

If we got a good bid in the summer i would sell him.He has done well no doubt but still not convinced it will last.I know many will disagree but if its a knock out but grab it and reinvest in our squad.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    IIRC he's on a 3 year contract.

I don't think he'll attract any daft bids in the summer that will temp Hibs to part company with him.

If he manages 20 goals next season then we'll probably sell him for a good price during the summer of 2021.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we got a good bid in the summer i would sell him.He has done well no doubt but still not convinced it will last.I know many will disagree but if its a knock out but grab it and reinvest in our squad.
    Vegan Nish is brilliant. No danger we would replace with better.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Ridic, why sell and reinvest when we already have a goalscoring forward? This place can get pretty daft at times, quality nonsense.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    IIRC he's on a 3 year contract.

I don't think he'll attract any daft bids in the summer that will temp Hibs to part company with him.

If he manages 20 goals next season then we'll probably sell him for a good price during the summer of 2021.
    If he gets in the Wales squad for the Euros it might be different.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    What makes you think it won't last?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    If he gets in the Wales squad for the Euros it might be different.
    Surely someone in the Wales F A has noticed him

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I don't mind bids for our players. Shows that they are doing something right. Flo isn't coming back in a hurry and Sparky is a loan.If there is any decent offers for Doidge in the close season, hopefully it is tied up in good time.

@hibs.net private member
    He would already be on the radar of the Welsh FA after the fiasco with his Bolton move, not sure he’ll get called up for the euros tho. Wouldn’t be surprised if we do offer him a new deal but I doubt he would sign it this early. He’s having a great season with us and I imagine his agent would advise against signing anything just yet.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    He is doing just fine after a shaky start

Still not 100% convinced but if he gets up to 20+ goals what’s not to like?

Useful in defence and attack links up well with others and seems to like it here

Happy with him

I like him and no way should we sell him

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    What makes you think it won't last?
    Do you remembered Willie Irvine?

It is lasting, he is very good.

Which one?

Doidge doesn't have an equivalent of Gordon Durie setting everything up for him. They're completely different players too.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Which one?
    The one from Motherwell that i thought was a goal machine only to be disappointed in his second season when he turned into a headless chicken !!! Maybe he missed Jukebox and Thommo???

The reported £350k looking an absolute bargain

The one from Motherwell that i thought was a goal machine only to be disappointed in his second season when he turned into a headless chicken !!! Maybe he missed Jukebox and Thommo???
    His second season with us was his good one.

I think Doidge is perfect for us and this league. I don’t think he’d cut it in the Championship as teams there can typically afford a number 9 who can do everything. Guys who are expected to play a lone striker role.

So realistically he could move to a top League One team but not much better IMO. I can see him staying here for 4-5 years and building on this season.

There were two

One we got from Stirling Albion 2:15

One we got from Motherwell. 31: 98

Long hair shirt outside his shorts socks round his ankles scored goals for fun relied on pace but you are correct he went off the boil

Me and ma mates used to call them the good Willie Irvine and the bad Willie Irvine

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Folk still “not convinced” and he’s got a 1 in 2 scoring ratio. Probably be over 20 goals come the end of the season. We’ve not had a striker do that for us in the top league for years.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Folk still “not convinced” and he’s got a 1 in 2 scoring ratio. Probably be over 20 goals come the end of the season. We’ve not had a striker do that for us in the top league for years.
    What's also great to see is his attitude and never letting his head drop despite having a questionable start to his Hibs career. Seems confident in his own ability and no one can doubt his work rate. Co strikers must love having him alongside them

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    £5m and 35% sell on minimum otherwise we keep him and benefit from his goals. A goalscorer who is as consistent as Doidge doesn't come around often.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Wait... so if we get a good offer for a good player we should accept it because we might use the money to sign a good player?

I’m confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's on 17 already I think. Outstanding considering he had a settling in period. When did we last have a striker scoring 20+ in the Premiership? Griffiths?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Wait... so if we get a good offer for a good player we should accept it because we might use the money to sign a good player?

I’m confused.
    It's a team game and if it meant strengthening the team throughout i would not be against it although I appreciate that goalscorers are hard to find.

I’m confused.
    I take a good offer to mean selling at a decent profit. If we can then use the profit to buy another couple of players and in due course, if we can sell them at a profit, then it is a good way of growing the club. Like what Celtic do but on a smaller scale. Don't you think they'll sell Edouard if they get a good enough offer?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

I’m confused.
    Don’t be. It’s what all selling clubs do. Try and turn a decent profit on players.