hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omeonga

First Team Breakthrough

Omeonga

Was it just that we had to use forward thinking players that he didn’t get on, as opposed to last week that we were trying to hold on to a lead? Can’t imagine Slivka will keep him out of the team for much longer? Bit of a waste of what might be a fairly big wage if he isn’t played that often. Wonder if he was at the forefront or Jack Ross’ mind, as I am pretty sure he said that it was Graham Mathie who text him to sign on again. Maybe also a victim of the unexpected swap deal that let us acquire Docherty. Just seems too good a player (and too high a wage earner) to be an unused sub

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm amazed Slivka gets a place ahead of him. Baffling decision by Ross IMO.

Must surely come in for Slivka from now on.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sticking with a winning team etc.

I can’t see what Ross sees in Slivka over Omeonga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Probably that we’ve won the last 2 with him in the team

Absolutely mental not playing Omeonga. Can’t believe when Allan went off that Docherty wasn’t put in his position and Omeonga on to sit. Bizarre substitutions.

Left by mutual consent!
    Very strange that Slivka is playing in front of him.

We missed omeonga industry today, we looked totally flat

What ever the question is Slivka will seldom be the correct answer. No blame today but he has had his chances and proved he is not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    Absolutely mental not playing Omeonga. Can’t believe when Allan went off that Docherty wasn’t put in his position and Omeonga on to sit. Bizarre substitutions.
    The substitutions didn’t help today IMO and it was a bit unfair on Gullan and Murray that they were moved 2/3 times in the space of 30 minutes. Gullan would’ve been more effective if he came on for McNulty.

Also find it bizarre that we’re starting Slivka ahead of Omeonga.

I would also have put Omeonga in at LWB ahead of Stevenson, who continues to slow the game down terribly at times. Omeonga would’ve been better going forward and would cope defensively IMO.

We picked up hardly any second balls today. Omeonga is a master at that and I thought the game was crying out for him to come on. I was surprised he was left on the bench. Would have helped us out hugely today.

Great wee player, mystified he didn`t feature today.

I can only think Slivka was in there for a bigger physical presence against their perceived style?

But what Omeonga lacks in stature he makes up for in tenacity and getting about the pitch snapping at heels etc so even from that angle it’s a bit unclear

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

It’s strange. Omeonga’s ball carrying ability would have been a good asset in trying to unpick Livi’s cattanaccio defence.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Must admit it seemed to be a straightforward choice to have a bit more height in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    I can only think Slivka was in there for a bigger physical presence against their perceived style?

But what Omeonga lacks in stature he makes up for in tenacity and getting about the pitch snapping at heels etc so even from that angle it’s a bit unclear
    Jack Ross has done a decent job so far but I hope Omeonga has a slight injury and that is why he is on the bench. Omeonga & Docherty together in midfield would be a handful for any opposition. It’s so obvious and so frustrating that it isn’t happening.

Slivka cost us three goals I can’t count this season, fails to spot danger, or mark tightly

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Slivka over Omeonga is something I didn’t get either. Omeonga always produces while Slivka flatters to deceive. Livingston are a big physical side and Omeonga was perfect for this game.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

I would say worrying rather than amazed Dave, can’t think of what he’s thinking on that one. Also, I want our kids to get first team football but to bring Murray on today was not his best decision either when he had Omeonga on the bench, ball needed to be played on the deck and Omeonga does just that.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Must admit it seemed to be a straightforward choice to have a bit more height in the team.

Ha ha, you couldny get a paper under his feet when he “jumps” so no advantage playing Slivka for his height!!

He really is an under achiever who frustrates the life out of me, he has all the attributes but zero heart for the fight plus switches off frequently. Sorry but I think we should get rid, should have before now maybe can’t get anyone to take him off our hands.

Cant get it that there appear to be so many of our fans think he is a top player who is underrated!

Slivka cost us three goals I can’t count this season, fails to spot danger, or mark tightly

That's been my thoughts too. Surely it's time now for that height to be sacrificed for quality

Slivka wasn't the issue today. He's been better than Scott Allan for weeks now. He's the one who can sit for Omeonga.

Arguably our best midfielder and he’s getting dropped for Vykintas Slivka. Absolutely baffling.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Ha ha, you couldny get a paper under his feet when he “jumps” so no advantage playing Slivka for his height!!

He really is an under achiever who frustrates the life out of me, he has all the attributes but zero heart for the fight plus switches off frequently. Sorry but I think we should get rid, should have before now maybe can’t get anyone to take him off our hands.

Cant get it that there appear to be so many of our fans think he is a top player who is underrated!
    I don’t think he will get offered another contract because he hasn’t shown that he deserves one. He is still on the books so available.

Boyle, Allan and McNulty are not great defensively against height so can see why Omeonga missed out.

My preference would have been Whitaker rather than Slivka given recent performances

Slivka for his size, is a *****bag. refuses to challenge and sits off the opponent

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m all for not changing a winning team but it was obvious that the change was needed even at half time.

Aye we picked up the wrong Dominoes with the changes today. Not the worse result and I am not one who thinks it was the poor performance some will say under very difficult conditions. Onto next Friday.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    I don’t think he will get offered another contract because he hasn’t shown that he deserves one. He is still on the books so available.

Boyle, Allan and McNulty are not great defensively against height so can see why Omeonga missed out.

My preference would have been Whitaker rather than Slivka given recent performances

I've read on here multiple times that he rejected a new contract months ago and will leave at the end of the season. It could be nonsense. I prefer Omeonga anyway.