hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was some dive JB. Just about as bad as the Livi player trying for the pen in the first half
    You witnessed it then? 😁
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    You witnessed it then? 😁
    Aye 😁

Sit in the row behind you, a few seats along. Hope the pain isn’t too bad today

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Good report as ever - thought Boyle should have done much much better marking their scorer and Horgan played one sublime pass to Stevenson or was it Hanlon? (in the box) which almost resulted in a goal ... watching from the comfort of my home chair I thought the wind spoiled many passes that on another day would have been fine - Overall I thought we lacked composure, organisation and an absolute will to win - draw a fair result, but we really should be doing better than this. Glad your injury didn't prevent you getting in the report - best take more care..
    It was Hanlon.

Horgan came on for Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Aye 😁

Sit in the row behind you, a few seats along. Hope the pain isn’t too bad today
    Bit bruised and sore but confident of being fit for Friday 😁
    This is how it feels

The SFA Compliance Officer is rumoured to be reviewing CCTV footage of your "dive" with a view to citing you for simulation. The panel from the Keatings case is being recalled to deal with any appeal.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Im in row q j just above you. ...nearly did the same thing! Couldnt feel my feet and almost went over!! Hope your ok....
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    The SFA Compliance Officer is rumoured to be reviewing CCTV footage of your "dive" with a view to citing you for simulation. The panel from the Keatings case is being recalled to deal with any appeal.
    Ok...lets start the "justice for the row N one" campaign !! 😃
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

From FF lower, where you get a good look at the corner action, my view is that Murray’s corners were a little over hit and too much loop. Think he was always trying to catch Jackson coming in at the back, but not quite on it. But he’s clearly working on dead balls and reckon this will come good. So keep it up!!

Someone needs to tell him he’s in the team on merit and needs to believe in himself a bit more though. Occasionally he looks a bit lost like he’s waiting for the older guys to tell him what to do. When he goes for it he’s better value..

Overall disappointed to draw, and allthough we lacked spark sometimes, for me credit goes to Livii for being solid organised and clear in their game plan.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Stevenson and Slivka were very poor IMO and really slowed any momentum in the first half. I understand the conditions were tough and players would be a bit cautious. But both of these guys look backwards as their first instinct and it’s not what we need.

The lack of aggression and urgency to defend and stop the cross for Livi’s goal was criminal. Stevenson basically just stood back and let Lawless pick his pass. It’s happened far too much this season and continues to cost us points
    Good review of the game I was at.... only three players with pass marks for me.... i thought the effort that was put in today was unacceptable... we need to apply ourselves better or we will be lucky to stay in the top 6. Slivka was absolutely murder and like a man short..

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I thought Docherty was the best player in the first half but wasn't up to much in the last 30 minutes when we really needed him. Rocky again has questions to answer for the goal as I think most keepers come and claim that ball. As it was he anticipated the striker missing it and actually did a good job getting out the way of the ball which was right in the middle of the goal. Stevenson should have made more of an effort stopping the cross and Boyle was terrible tracking back.

The whole performance from start to finis was poor with big players like Allan and McNulty not at the races. Again I thought Jackson was good and Hanlong barring one poor back pass was very good again. We missed Newell in open play but also set pieces which were terrible from Allan and not much better from Murray. The manager had an off day too imo as a 442 was called for much earlier and shouldn't have been abandoned as quickly as it was.
    This post is closest to how I saw the game.
    The match turned on the weather, Newells absence for set pieces and the penalty miss,
    Re the Livingston goal, Docherty should have gone fully to ground to get the game stopped when he was hit in the face with the ball. He was still struggling with this facial injury a minute later when Allan passed the ball to him in midfield and as a result he was easily dispossessed by Sibbald which led directly to the goal 10 seconds later. This is part of game management.
    Biggest mistake at the goal was down to Boyle who had tracked the goalscorer before inexplicably hammering on the brakes just before the vital moment.
    Rocky should have come off his line to get to the pitch of the ball and at least block the shot. Not sure if he thought Boyle had the situation in hand but more likely just another case of being araldited to his line.

Johnny,
    Boylers show of dissent that got him booked was daft given he had intentionally obstructed the Livi player. This can be clearly seen on the shot taken from behind the Hibs goal.
    Get well soon and get a season ticket slightly higher up for next season.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 24-02-2020 at 12:16 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Stevenson and Slivka were very poor IMO and really slowed any momentum in the first half. I understand the conditions were tough and players would be a bit cautious. But both of these guys look backwards as their first instinct and it’s not what we need.

The lack of aggression and urgency to defend and stop the cross for Livi’s goal was criminal. Stevenson basically just stood back and let Lawless pick his pass. It’s happened far too much this season and continues to cost us points
    Saved me a post .... completely agree ...... we loose so many goals from that area of the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This post is closest to how I saw the game.
    The match turned on the weather, Newells absence for set pieces and the penalty miss,
    Re the Livingston goal, Docherty should have gone fully to ground to get the game stopped when he was hit in the face with the ball. He was still struggling with this facial injury a minute later when Allan passed the ball to him in midfield and as a result he was easily dispossessed by Sibbald which led directly to the goal 10 seconds later. This is part of game management.
    Biggest mistake at the goal was down to Boyle who had tracked the goalscorer before inexplicably hammering on the brakes just before the vital moment.
    Rocky should have come off his line to get to the pitch of the ball and at least block the shot. Not sure if he thought Boyle had the situation in hand but more likely just another case of being araldited to his line.

Johnny,
    Boylers show of dissent that got him booked was daft given he had intentionally obstructed the Livi player. This can be clearly seen on the shot taken from behind the Hibs goal.
    Get well soon and get a season ticket slightly higher up for next season.
    To me the biggest mistake at their goal was Neither Slivka or Stevenson getting to the ball and giving the guy freedom to cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed newells set piece delivery on sat. 11 corners we had

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Missed newells set piece delivery on sat. 11 corners we had
    Big style. Lucky if one of them was decent.

Need two quality full backs.