hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Not had a chance to look through the thread but has KP commented? Maybe he can shed some light on whether the club are giving this the OK?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn’t blame the club.

I asked the question why taken time to sort (that applies to both sides).

But as a supporter Liaison in a FT role surely going by past experiences / games they should have predicted the FF would be empty again and maybe try engage and do something about it to help Hibs get to the semi.

A bit of buzz and something different may have seen a larger crowd instead we have lots of posts on here of fans confused what’s happening and no further solution.
    There you go again.

You've criticised the club on 2-3 points in your post, whereas any doubt/confusion seems to have been caused by a couple of posts on here - ie. nothing to do with the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Hearing through the grapevine that Hibs have had a couple of complaints and have reversed their stance on this and now blocked Fridays move and won’t be changing restrictions on tickets in FFL for this match.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Hearing through the grapevine that Hibs have had a couple of complaints and have reversed their stance on this and now blocked Fridays move and won’t be changing restrictions on tickets in FFL for this match.
    They've reversed their stance?

Did they really agree to lift the restricitions in the first place?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They've reversed their stance?

Did they really agree to lift the restricitions in the first place?
    Yes. On Saturday. Can only go by what I am being told from people involved. Hibs have confirmed that they’ve had complaints today and are now not supporting it. Not surprised re complaints given they failed to communicate this to supporters!

I don't think it was ever happening if truth be told, as I don't believe the appetite is there amongst the custodians of our club to change it.

Looks like we'll be persisting with this way for a while, much to detriment of atmosphere at ER, and certainly to the detriment of capturing the imagination of younger generations of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    A significant change in the way Hibs sell tickets like this should be made clear before STs go on sale, but I don't think it would be as easy as is being suggested.

What if we'd allowed a free for all when we had the replay against Hearts? It would have been carnage with people scrambling to get their own seats before someone else with bought them.

I don't have a ST anymore so if there was simply a general sale, I'd be trying to get the best seats right on the halfway line, halfway up the West. The poor bloke who's been sitting there for the last 20 years can move to the top left of the FF for all I care. (That's an anecdote, not my actual attitude, but it would happen.)

For me, ST holders must be given a window to buy their own seat for cup games.
    Hearts games should be treated as a totally desperate entity, it’s going to sell out so we need to have a priority window of some sort.

In smaller games where the majority of the stadium lies empty, and 10% or less take up the option of their own seat/discount then we need to look at other ways to group everyone together and create an atmosphere, to me that is closing top sections of the ground until they are needed to open.

I’m fed up sitting in a soulless atmosphere for smaller cup games just for the sake of some wee guy getting to sit in the west upper corner on his own, when reality is he would probably have absolutely no issue sitting in the lower tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I don't think it was ever happening if truth be told, as I don't believe the appetite is there amongst the custodians of our club to change it.

Looks like we'll be persisting with this way for a while, much to detriment of atmosphere at ER and ertainly to the detriment of capturing the imagination of younger generations.
    Do people really need their own special section in a very specific part of the ground in order to capture their imagination?

And what if the atmosphere was still pish? Where will they commandeer next?

Left by mutual consent!
    Some of our supporters truly are the most short-sighted people going. When we’re outsung by a few hundred Caley fans on Friday, don’t be surprised. Absolutely embarrassing, for a quarter final too

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Some of our supporters truly are the most short-sighted people going. When we’re outsung by a few hundred Caley fans on Friday, don’t be surprised. Absolutely embarrassing, for a quarter final too
    What supporters are you speaking about?

Left by mutual consent!
    If the shoe fits. Your posts on this thread have been an absolute embarrassment and Easter Road would be a far better place to go if it wasn’t full of people with your kind of mentality when it comes to active support

@hibs.net private member
    The ones complaining presumably?

I think shooting into a sparse FF stand littered with a few children must be a huge boost to the players. Who wants a rowdy Partizan atmosphere behind the goals waiting to erupt when Hibs score anyway

If the shoe fits. Your posts on this thread have been an absolute embarrassment and Easter Road would be a far better place to go if it wasn’t full of people with your kind of mentality when it comes to active support
    Please give me some examples of where I embarrassed you.

Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think shooting into a sparse FF stand littered with a few children must be a huge boost to the players. Who wants a rowdy Partizan atmosphere behind the goals waiting to erupt when Hibs score anyway
    Pretty much!

We are own worst enemy at times...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie79 View Post
    Just when i thought it was almost safe to dust down the season ticket i wasted £400 blabs on at the start of the season a thread like this appears.

The genuine fear amongst a fairly sizeable element of our support that people might want to actually create a bit of atmosphere which is blatantly missing from our once hostile home is incredible.

The club should be firmly behind this idea, why they arent is beyond me. Absolutely hammers home the fact that as fans, we are massively down the pecking order of the clubs priorities.
    Completely agree. How anybody can be satisfied with the current situation re atmosphere inside Easter Road at the moment is beyond me. People talk about the club not doing enough to attract tourists etc., let me put it to you like this: why would any Italian, German, even bloody American tourist, who is used to the loud and colourful atmospheres of their home leagues, be interested in paying £23 to watch a game played in near silence?

Left by mutual consent!
    We are in danger of alienating an entire generation of young football supporters in Edinburgh if we carry on listening to the demands of a vocal minority that have a backwards attitude to active support. Let’s be serious here, we are not Barcelona, we will not attract young kids to Easter Road through stunning, trailblazing football. It is things like ultra scenes and tifo displays that will attract youngsters away from watching football on their TV screens and into the stadium.

And what does our club do to facilitate that? Nothing. Because a handful of stubborn people have got it in their heads that any help given to Since 1875 is “preferential treatment” and somehow unfair. These people are genuinely damaging the standing of our club, and I really hope there comes a day when Hibs stop listening to them.

A few seasons ago, our atmosphere was the envy of most clubs in Scotland. Now, it is disjointed and piss poor most weeks. I don’t care if you’re not bothered by it, the status quo doesn’t help the team, we NEED to make Easter Road as atmospheric as possible.

So for everyone who complained, well done, if we’re outsung by 400 Caley fans (as I expect we will be) and shooting towards a 10% full FF lower in the second half (as I expect we will be), then you know who to blame, it’s yourselves.

Absolutely stinking attitude from the club if this is true and they have caved in to a couple of complaints from people in an otherwise empty part of the ground.

What stance was this exactly? No communication by the club about lifting ticket restrictions in FF lower - did they ever agree to it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Please give me some examples of where I embarrassed you.

Clown.
    Your mentality, as displayed on the posts on this thread, is an embarrassment to the Hibs support. Why can you not accept that a decent portion of your team’s fans want a designated section of the ground to make an atmosphere? Why do you try and turn it into some massive conundrum? It’s not difficult, give those who want to make an atmosphere whatever they need to do so, because it is pivotal that we have one, ESPECIALLY for games like Friday night

Do people really need their own special section in a very specific part of the ground in order to capture their imagination?

And what if the atmosphere was still pish? Where will they commandeer next?
    Look around Europe and even some teams in the UK for the proof that it works, and these designated areas do indeed capture the imagination of many (hence how they have spread across the continent).

Instead we'll persist with the broken system we have for ticketing (unable to buy tickets for the derby for FFL without a kid, even though there are no seats together) and continue with the sterile, flat atmosphere that we have now.

We really know how to shoot ourselves in the foot.

The ones complaining presumably?
    We are in danger of alienating an entire generation of young football supporters in Edinburgh if we carry on listening to the demands of a vocal minority that have a backwards attitude to active support. Let’s be serious here, we are not Barcelona, we will not attract young kids to Easter Road through stunning, trailblazing football. It is things like ultra scenes and tifo displays that will attract youngsters away from watching football on their TV screens and into the stadium.

And what does our club do to facilitate that? Nothing. Because a handful of stubborn people have got it in their heads that any help given to Since 1875 is “preferential treatment” and somehow unfair. These people are genuinely damaging the standing of our club, and I really hope there comes a day when Hibs stop listening to them.

A few seasons ago, our atmosphere was the envy of most clubs in Scotland. Now, it is disjointed and piss poor most weeks. I don’t care if you’re not bothered by it, the status quo doesn’t help the team, we NEED to make Easter Road as atmospheric as possible.

So for everyone who complained, well done, if we’re outsung by 400 Caley fans (as I expect we will be) and shooting towards a 10% full FF lower in the second half (as I expect we will be), then you know who to blame, it’s yourselves.
    I agree with everything you're saying about atmosphere, however I don't believe that anything was confirmed by the club regarding changing the set-up for Friday's match.

On February 14th Hibs advertised that ST holders could buy their own seats up until Friday 21st. As soon as that was done there was no way that a singing section was going to be accommodated in the FF lower. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn't telling the whole truth IMO.

People then started criticising the club on this thread because of this - that's the only thing to which I was objecting - unfair criticism of the club.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

i support what you guys do and what you are trying to do re FFL and cant understand the resistence I am in my sixties and take my grandsons to ER (we are all st holders - 6 in total) and the kids are always looking to the SS in FFU we are in the East

Good luck as i agree re the lack of atmosphere

Your mentality, as displayed on the posts on this thread, is an embarrassment to the Hibs support. Why can you not accept that a decent portion of your team’s fans want a designated section of the ground to make an atmosphere? Why do you try and turn it into some massive conundrum? It’s not difficult, give those who want to make an atmosphere whatever they need to do so, because it is pivotal that we have one, ESPECIALLY for games like Friday night
    You still haven't told me what's embarrassing about what I've posted.

I've been consistent in my support of the club. Whenever I cross swords with people on here, it's almost always because I'm defending the club.

If your embarrassed by that then it's you that has a problem.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree with everything you're saying about atmosphere, however I don't believe that anything was confirmed by the club regarding changing the set-up for Friday's match.

On February 14th Hibs advertised that ST holders could buy their own seats up until Friday 21st. As soon as that was done there was no way that a singing section was going to be accommodated in the FF lower. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn't telling the whole truth IMO.

People then started criticising the club on this thread because of this - that's the only thing to which I was objecting - unfair criticism of the club.
    I have it on good authority that this move was verbally agreed by the club for a one-off and it has now been reversed because of the complaints made from a handful of supporters. It was going to happen, it now isn’t. And when we are kicking towards less than a 1,000, lifeless fans in the second half on Friday, I’ll know exactly which section of our support the blame lies with
    Last edited by ABZHFC; 24-02-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    You still haven't told me what's embarrassing about what I've posted.

I've been consistent in my support of the club. Whenever I cross swords with people on here, it's almost always because I'm defending the club.

If your embarrassed by that then it's you that has a problem.
    I have no issue with you defending the club, it’s not the club I’m attacking here, it’s a portion of self-centred, short-sighted fans who do not understand active support culture and are therefore determined to wreck any meaningful attempts of getting it back off the ground at Easter Road

You said it all when you asked why we even need a designated singing section at Easter Road anyway. Have you heard how sterile the atmosphere is at most games these days?

Why couldn’t it happen? There is less than 100 tickets sold in that section other than the front two rows.

I have it on good authority that this move was verbally agreed by the club for a one-off and it has now been reversed because of the complaints made from a handful of supporters. It was going to happen, it now isn’t. And when we are kicking towards less than a 1,000, lifeless fans in the second half on Friday, I’ll know exactly which section of our support that the blame lies
    You're wrong to blame people in the family section. Their section until informed otherwise by the club- which until now they haven't been.

It's not the fault of those that are there that the place isn't fuller.

Neither is it their fault if they don't waant to take their kids to a behind the goal singing section - that isn't what they bought their tickets for.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think something has to change in the FFL, it makes perfect sense to turn it into the rowdier area of the stadium, preferably with safe standing installed and the family pricing scheme relocated, maybe to the FFU?

I don’t think commandeering an area of the ground during the season - with or without the permission of the club - is the way to do it though. After all it’s not the supporters that need to be encouraged towards change but the club.

I don’t like the way that the club have handled this, by coming and going on the decision then changing their mind - if that’s the case, I’m not privy to information.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I have it on good authority that this move was verbally agreed by the club for a one-off and it has now been reversed because of the complaints made from a handful of supporters. It was going to happen, it now isn’t. And when we are kicking towards less than a 1,000, lifeless fans in the second half on Friday, I’ll know exactly which section of our support the blame lies with
    Don’t blame the supporters. It’s not their fault they don’t want seats that some them will have had for 20 years changed.