hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Season tickets, league games, all fine and well. Run of the mill cup games are totally different, they do need fixed. I wouldn’t be advocating experimenting at league games right now as the attendances are up and have been for a few years. Even folk wanting to lower those prices I’m not keen. We are now 4 days from this cup tie though and we genuinely have about 3/4 of available tickets still up for sale.

We had 10k at the Dundee United game, 6.5k at Morton game, presumably less/same at the group stage games.

Last year 7k vs Elgin, 9k vs raith.

Now I get we may not improve the numbers as the games aren’t exactly mouth watering, but we can do something about those in the stadium and how to maximise the atmosphere.

We also do nothing in these games to price them correctly and while I agree both teams need to agree, our pricing is always the exact same which leads me to believe our club are partly (at least) responsible for this.
    I'm not disagreeing with you.

It's not just at Easter Road, in Scotland or even the UK that cup games aren't always well attended.

There are maybe things that could be tried, though I've honestly no idea what.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie79 View Post
    How is it stupid?? bizarre thing to come away with if you ask me.

The club need to grow a set of balls over this if you ask me. Give the singing section half of the FF Lower at first then hopefully the lot.

Re-Homing the people that sit on their hands in a quarter full stand every week shouldn't be a problem, even if it means the club knocking a bit of their season tickets next season.
    It's stupid because not one person has said anything about being scared of creating an atmosphere.

Your assertion is the bizarre thing.

As far as as I can see, more or less everyone is in favour of moving the singing section. They just want it to be done in the right way so that everyone's needs and wants are catered for.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    It has been arranged with the club. Your selective reading to suit your own opinion is beyond tiresome.
    Any update on what arrangements were made?

No arrangements around the single ticket purchase issue it would seem. How are the singing section going about purchasing tickets in the FF lower for Friday without an accompanying child?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you.

It's not just at Easter Road, in Scotland or even the UK that cup games aren't always well attended.

There are maybe things that could be tried, though I've honestly no idea what.
    I've seen some good suggestions reading through this thread tbf. The club should be looking at this now for the upcoming season, seemingly simple changes that can make a difference to the match day experience.

‘Proactive’ - the club have highly paid individuals for doing the best they can, in all situations. Simply saying ‘that’s the way it always has been so that’s the way it will be’ is failing the ticketing side of it. Like I said, it shouldn’t take people approaching them with ideas for them to try things out to improve it. And even when they do get approached they are reluctant to change the status quo.
    If you can share what the club have said to your requests then that gives a starting point to work from. Surely they didn't just say 'no' in their response?

As for failing the ticketing side. If the club did allow a move to the FFL, do you think it will increase the attendance figures? If so, I'd say that's your selling point to the club. If they can sell more tickets then I'd be astonished if they didn't listen to any proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's stupid because not one person has said anything about being scared of creating an atmosphere.

Your assertion is the bizarre thing.

As far as as I can see, more or less everyone is in favour of moving the singing section. They just want it to be done in the right way so that everyone's needs and wants are catered for.
    The bizarre thing for you is someone daring to have a different opinion to yours. Relatively new to the forum and its constantly clogged up with you disagreeing with people and getting your knickers in a twist.

This has been a popular topic across the many Hibs outlets across all forms of social media, remember, this is more than .net out there.

Easter Road is a whisker away from being totally devoid of any atmosphere, fans comment on it, away fans comment on it, opposing players pass comment on it.

In your righteous and worthy opinion whats the correct way to do it then? without boring me to death mind ive got a job to do and read enough of your pish as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    If you can share what the club have said to your requests then that gives a starting point to work from. Surely they didn't just say 'no' in their response?

As for failing the ticketing side. If the club did allow a move to the FFL, do you think it will increase the attendance figures? If so, I'd say that's your selling point to the club. If they can sell more tickets then I'd be astonished if they didn't listen to any proposals.
    There have been many proposals put in here by people to KP and he has taken them for them to be knocked back.

For this game, and other cup games of this level, nothing will really increase the attendances, just like it wouldn’t decrease attendances. What it would do though is increase the atmosphere and give the team a lift. I don’t see a downside to it, but maybe the club could come and explain a downside to some of the proposals in this thread.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Not convinced the FF lower is a good spot anyway.

Atmosphere comes from having a ding dong with the opposing fans. Being at the opposite end wont change that.

Sounds to me like you're now admitting that moving up there was a mistake.

Just buy tickets in the east next season and be done with it
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Atmosphere doesn’t always have to be about singing songs.
    An enthusiastic crowd inside Easter Road can make plenty of noise by backing the team with encouragement, venting anger at bad decisions and belting out chants when it feels appropriate.

The 1875 group make a conscious effort to sing all game and fair play, but it’s not everyone that is up for doing that. Easter Road will be roughly half filled on Friday, but I’ve experienced some great atmospheres in smaller crowds if a game plays out in a certain fashion - maybe not wall to wall singing for 90 mins but a decent racket none the less. Also had plenty that sound like a library, and a small singing section doesn’t really change that much.
    Atmosphere is largely driven by what is playing out on the pitch.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 24-02-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie79 View Post
    The bizarre thing for you is someone daring to have a different opinion to yours. Relatively new to the forum and its constantly clogged up with you disagreeing with people and getting your knickers in a twist.

This has been a popular topic across the many Hibs outlets across all forms of social media, remember, this is more than .net out there.

Easter Road is a whisker away from being totally devoid of any atmosphere, fans comment on it, away fans comment on it, opposing players pass comment on it.

In your righteous and worthy opinion whats the correct way to do it then? without boring me to death mind ive got a job to do and read enough of your pish as it is.
    You said that s sizeable elements of our support are scared of creating an atmosphere.

That's what I disagree with. It's just not true and it's insulting to the people with a different opinion to you.

Since you ask, in my opinion, the right thing to do is for the club to spell out at the start of the season what the arrangements for seating are. It would be wrong for them to take in the season ticket money with the promise that fans will have first dibs at their own seat for cup games, and then deny them that opportunity in favour of another group of fans.

The club should consult with current FF Lower ST holders to see what the best compromise would be. I'd favour giving them the FF upper tier and letting the singing section have the lower.

I don't think fans should just take things into their own hands and run roughshod over other supporters who have every right to be in those seats.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

You said that s sizeable elements of our support are scared of creating an atmosphere.

That's what I disagree with. It's just not true and it's insulting to the people with a different opinion to you.

Since you ask, in my opinion, the right thing to do is for the club to spell out at the start of the season what the arrangements for seating are. It would be wrong for them to take in the season ticket money with the promise that fans will have first dibs at their own seat for cup games, and then deny them that opportunity in favour of another group of fans.

The club should consult with current FF Lower ST holders to see what the best compromise would be. I'd favour giving them the FF upper tier and letting the singing section have the lower.

I don't think fans should just take things into their own hands and run roughshod over other supporters who have every right to be in those seats.
    Serious point as I may have missed it/just can’t find it, but do the club promise you your own seat for cup ties as part of the season ticket marketing? In the marketing I received it gives you discounted cup tickets, nothing at all to do with getting your own seat.

Serious point as I may have missed it/just can’t find it, but do the club promise you your own seat for cup ties as part of the season ticket marketing? In the marketing I received it gives you discounted cup tickets, nothing at all to do with getting your own seat.
    I thought that was the case. It's certainly what they've always done and it's expected.

That's a very good point and probably the club's hands are tied in that sense. I think potentially that may be the stumbling block in Hibs being able to accommodate the singing section properly on Friday with their request to test out the FF lower. That and of course the single ticket purchase issue which I'd imagine would need to be arranged via Ticketmaster well in advance.

I thought that was the case. It's certainly what they've always done and it's expected.
    If it’s not promised then you can’t take the huff when it’s not done though. For me, a season ticket is a discounted league campaign and a guaranteed seat for that, plus priority away ticketing (as it stands), the discount for cup games is generous and a decent touch, even if it only lasts a few days. Seat priority isn’t a given and as such allows the club to try new initiatives. In my opinion of course.

If it’s not promised then you can’t take the huff when it’s not done though. For me, a season ticket is a discounted league campaign and a guaranteed seat for that, plus priority away ticketing (as it stands), the discount for cup games is generous and a decent touch, even if it only lasts a few days. Seat priority isn’t a given and as such allows the club to try new initiatives. In my opinion of course.
    They'd have to remove the opportunity to buy your own seat from every ST holder in the stadium in that case. Including the singing section.

Can you imagine if they did that? There would be a lot more happening than folk just taking the huff!
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 24-02-2020 at 10:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    It's maybe not promised but it's certainly implied. Why else would the club give ST holders a priority window to buy their own seats before tickets go on general sale?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Can KP let us know if the club have any awareness of this?
    Happy to detail where I am with this - there’s certainly been discussions between the group and the club but I’ve only got half the information - not clear to me on either side who is leading but they’ll be working together but timing has always been against both parties on this

(I’ve got my information from a member of the group - definitely good to be kept informed - only having a bit of detail on this is fair enough, this is a specific scenario and I’m not the Supporter Liaison Officer but I’m more than happy to help where I can in these situations, just need to be kept in the loop).

Sure we’ll find out more in the next 24 hours as to next steps, if any.

Moving forward what I can try and influence is our approach - I want to find a solution that suits all - club and support (collective) - there’s quite a number of stakeholders, teams and people involved on both sides, including the wider support.

It’s not a straightforward position (look at this thread for example, the previous survey feedback, etc). This forum is just a small snapshot of a big support too. The last thing we want to do is make rushed plans/initiatives/trials (but noted there does need to be a starting point somewhere/sometime) - ALL parties want the experience at Easter Road to be the best/work, definitely nobody I’ve met or spoke to wanting or pushing it to be anything other because of X.
    Difficult one to balance all the views (Club and support) and specific sensitivities - areas, seat priorities, views, pricing, atmosphere etc - there will be a solution in there - the group does contribute a lot to matchday experience/stadium atmosphere (agreed by all) and we should make every effort to accommodate them as best we can. Flipped, the club want to cater for every Hibs fan, everyone is equal and respected and any change needs to work comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Happy to detail where I am with this - there’s certainly been discussions between the group and the club but I’ve only got half the information - not clear to me on either side who is leading but they’ll be working together but timing has always been against both parties on this

(I’ve got my information from a member of the group - definitely good to be kept informed - only having a bit of detail on this is fair enough, this is a specific scenario and I’m not the Supporter Liaison Officer but I’m more than happy to help where I can in these situations, just need to be kept in the loop).

Moving forward what I can try and influence is our approach - I want to find a solution that suits all - club and support (collective) - there’s quite a number of stakeholders, teams and people involved on both sides, including the wider support.

It’s not a straightforward position (look at this thread for example, the previous survey feedback, etc). This forum is just a small snapshot of a big support too. The last thing we want to do is make rushed plans/initiatives/trials (but noted there does need to be a starting point somewhere/sometime) - ALL parties want the experience at Easter Road to be the best/work, definitely nobody I’ve met or spoke to wanting or pushing it to be anything other because of X.
    Difficult one to balance all the views (Club and support) and specific sensitivities - areas, seat priorities, views, pricing, atmosphere etc - there will be a solution in there - the group does contribute a lot to matchday experience/stadium atmosphere (agreed by all) and we should make every effort to accommodate them as best we can. Flipped, the club want to cater for every Hibs fan, everyone is equal and respected and any change needs to work comfortably.
    Have you ever thought about a move into politics?

Have you ever thought about a move into politics?
    Woah! No way! 🤪

Being a parent of young children is enough for me headache wise.

In all seriousness, one on my pad to find a solution or better working arrangement sooner rather than later.

Left by mutual consent!

Any idea if the SLO has been doing anything on this subject since the group last asked the question?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Any idea if the SLO has been doing anything on this subject since the group last asked the question?
    No idea but would guess so. Not a small task for a Monday after a home game - Any change like this impacts other areas too - match safety, match operations, Sales, Ticket Office (external supplier permissions change too) and Communications (All from top of my head).

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. It's as if whoever started the survey is unhappy with what people's opinions actually were. The last I read, there was ~50% in favour of moving the Singing Section back to the East Stand.

There's a very vocal minority in favour of converting the FF Lower, including some who have said they have no intention of actually moving there. Surely the best way to gauge demand is to try it out in games like the upcoming ICT match, but with the full approval and co-operation of the club.

Failing that, why don't the people that actually want to create a decent atmosphere just move into Section 43 and surrounding areas and just sing? There are so many people that just want to sit in silence, or stare at their mobile phones. TBH, the biggest issue I can see is that, overall, we're a bl**dy boring group of Fans.
    100% this. Never used to be that way though.

Left by mutual consent!
    No idea but would guess so. Not a small task for a Monday after a home game - Any change like this impacts other areas too - match safety, match operations, Sales, Ticket Office (external supplier permissions change too) and Communications (All from top of my head).
    I understand all the hoops that have to be jumped through, however, the question was asked ages ago, maybe it's time the SLO gave us all an update.

Statement incoming.

The Supporter Liaison Officer is Colin Millar - does he attend the working together meetings ?

It was 3 weeks from the draw to the game for Hibs to simply say this will be a trial of supporters section in FF lower.

Why has it taken less than 7 days before game to try rush a plan ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    The Supporter Liaison Officer is Colin Millar - does he attend the working together meetings ?

It was 3 weeks from the draw to the game for Hibs to simply say this will be a trial of supporters section in FF lower.

It seems to be certain supporters that are trying to rush a plan, not the club.

But you'll blame the club anyway.

They'd have to remove the opportunity to buy your own seat from every ST holder in the stadium in that case. Including the singing section.

Can you imagine if they did that? There would be a lot more happening than folk just taking the huff!
    Absolutely. That doesn’t stop you buying your own seat (or very close to it) though. That would mean doing the same as before over and over again for small cup games (small as in attendance wise). Thus accepting that the atmosphere is always going to be ***** and not changing it.

What else would be happening? Genuine question again as barely any people take up that option anyway, so why would it suddenly be such a big deal? We have what 13000ish STH, and your lucky if 10% of those buy their own seat.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Absolutely. That doesn’t stop you buying your own seat (or very close to it) though. That would mean doing the same as before over and over again for small cup games (small as in attendance wise). Thus accepting that the atmosphere is always going to be ***** and not changing it.

What else would be happening? Genuine question again as barely any people take up that option anyway, so why would it suddenly be such a big deal? We have what 13000ish STH, and your lucky if 10% of those buy their own seat.
    A significant change in the way Hibs sell tickets like this should be made clear before STs go on sale, but I don't think it would be as easy as is being suggested.

What if we'd allowed a free for all when we had the replay against Hearts? It would have been carnage with people scrambling to get their own seats before someone else with bought them.

I don't have a ST anymore so if there was simply a general sale, I'd be trying to get the best seats right on the halfway line, halfway up the West. The poor bloke who's been sitting there for the last 20 years can move to the top left of the FF for all I care. (That's an anecdote, not my actual attitude, but it would happen.)

For me, ST holders must be given a window to buy their own seat for cup games.

I didn’t blame the club.

I asked the question why taken time to sort (that applies to both sides).

But as a supporter Liaison in a FT role surely going by past experiences / games they should have predicted the FF would be empty again and maybe try engage and do something about it to help Hibs get to the semi.

A bit of buzz and something different may have seen a larger crowd instead we have lots of posts on here of fans confused what’s happening and no further solution.

I didn’t blame the club.

I asked the question why taken time to sort (that applies to both sides).

But as a supporter Liaison in a FT role surely going by past experiences / games they should have predicted the FF would be empty again and maybe try engage and do something about it to help Hibs get to the semi.

A bit of buzz and something different may have seen a larger crowd instead we have lots of posts on here of fans confused what’s happening and no further solution.