hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't make sense. What would be the point in selling cup tickets to season ticket holders first if they couldn't actually choose their season ticket seat to sit in? That's the entire point of them having a window of priority
    They could, as long as the seat was available to buy, otherwise it would give them a priority window to buy the best seats available to them, before the riff raff come along and take what’s left.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    So have the club scrapped the policy that you need to be accompanied by a child in FF lower for this game aye?

Can anyone explain why that policy was implemented in the first place as I'm not too clued up on why it was introduced? Just to make it a more family friendly area?
    See my post above. From what I can remember, the club introduced the Family Section years ago to try and encourage, er, families to attend. Season ticket prices were a good bit lower than in any part of the ground but people were abusing it ie groups of blokes buying the cheap tickets. So the club decided that any adult buying a season ticket there also had to purchase a child ticket. Probably why its half empty now. I also liked sitting there with my kids as they could get up close with the players especially during warm ups

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Out of curiosity just tried to buy tickets in FF lower, and you can`t progress to checkout without purchasing a child ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Maybe an important question is: why are so many season tickets purchased in the FFL lower and rarely used?

Best answered by those fans directly involved, who seem to remain silent on the issue.
    Gets me more tickets for the finals, sorted it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Out of curiosity just tried to buy tickets in FF lower, and you can`t progress to checkout without purchasing a child ticket.
    Singing section's plan is destined to fail then it would seem

Singing section's plan is destined to fail then it would seem
    Highlighted this earlier, but another poster stated the club are aware of this and set to change it tomorrow.

Here's hoping they do.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I’ve heard stories from away games where ,due to an elderly person not being able to see , people have tried to have a conversation with the people in front to see if they can sit down. It’s usually met by some coked up steaming wannabe football casual giving back dogs abuse and asking for a square go.
    Put did said elderly people politely ask the people standing to sit down or did they do it in a "it's all gonna kick off" way like Edina?

Can't imagine anyone abusing an elderly man for politely asking someone to sit down. Coked up or not!

If this has been given the OK by the club I'll buy a ticket there for Friday. Think it's a brilliant idea. If not I'll give it a miss as not wanting it all to kick off.

For the Hibs fans not on Hibs.net it would be good to have something by the club announced on Twitter and Facebook
    Last edited by Since452; 24-02-2020 at 05:53 AM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If this is endorsed by the club then that's fantastic and hope it goes well.

@hibs.net private member
    I can imagine LD saying no chance but RG saying give it a try.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    If this is endorsed by the club then that's fantastic and hope it goes well.
    I agree, but it certainly doesn't look like it to me.

I don't understand that there's no mention of it on the official site and that family ST holders haven't been advised of what's happening.

We lock horns with Inverness Caledonian Thistle at the quarter-final stage of the William Hill Scottish Cup on Friday 28 February.

It’s a 7.45pm kick-off under the lights at Easter Road Stadium and tickets will be available from Monday 17 February at 12pm.

If you fancy treating yourself to one of our hospitality packages, those are on sale now.

For anyone who was due to attend our Hall of Fame dinner on the same night, we’ll be in touch with those impacted.

Hibernian season ticket holders have from Monday 17 February at 12pm until Friday 21 February at 9am to guarantee their seat and purchase their ticket at a reduced price, as well as being able to add the game to their season card at no extra cost.

At 10am on Friday the match will go back on sale, with seat reservations removed and all tickets available at full price, with the option to add to your season card at that stage unavailable.

To assist as many season ticket holders as possible to obtain their own seat at the discounted price, tickets will also be available in person at the Ticket Office from Wednesday 19 February at 12pm.

Tickets will also available to non-season ticket holders in the general sale online and via the call centre from Monday 17 February and in person from Wednesday, with a further allocation of seats made available after 10am on Friday, when the season ticket seat reservation option is removed.

To assist with queues, we encourage as many supporters as possible to buy online.

MATCH DETAILS
    Hibernian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Friday 28 February (7.45pm kick-off)

Easter Road Stadium

William Hill Scottish Cup

TICKET PRICES
    Season Ticket Holder Pricing (during reservation period)

Adult: £20.

Concessions (65+/Students/Youth/Child): £10.

Non-Season Ticket Holder Pricing

Adult: £22.

Concessions (65+/Students/Youth/Child): £12.

Click here for more information and to purchase.

TICKET INFORMATION
    For season ticket holders to receive their discount they need to be logged in to their season card account and tickets should be assigned to client reference numbers.

The discount is also only available until the seat reservation deadline, so must be bought before 9am on Friday 21 February.

After this point, season ticket holders cannot be guaranteed their own seat, are unable to add the game to their season card and will not be able to obtain the season ticket holder discount.

HOW DO I PURCHASE TICKETS?
    Booking Online

We advise all supporters to confirm their details are correct and up to date

If you have an online account currently set up, please ensure that when you log in to your season ticket holder account that the membership number shown is the same as that on your season ticket.

If these do not match then you have created a new account instead of activating your season ticket account.

Signing in to any other account will not give you the correct privileges to buy tickets.

To activate your season ticket account with the correct client reference number, you should click here, then on ‘activate your account’.

Enter your client reference number and surname, then click ‘find my account’.

Your details will appear and from here you can enter the email address and password you want to use to access your account.

You can find your client reference number on your season ticket card.

Season ticket holders who purchase online before the 9am seat reservation deadline will see their season seat reserved for them in their notifications as soon as they log into their account.

Please note that navigating directly to the seating map and not logging into your account means your seat will not be reserved at the discounted price.

If you are looking to purchase tickets for a group and obtain the season ticket holder discount you can do so by adding other season ticket holders to your online network.

Once logged in, click on ‘my account’ and then ‘network’.

Select ‘add members’ and search for ‘existing member’ using their client reference number and surname and conduct the search.

Once you have selected the member you wish to add to your network, click on ‘add member’ to complete the process.

You can also update your personal details, including your home address, email and telephone number by logging in and selecting ‘update details’ within the ‘my account’ section.

Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction will apply to online orders (excluding mobile or print at home and add access to card).

You can secure your ticket by clicking here.

Call Centre

To book your tickets over the phone, call 0844 844 1875 and select ‘Option 1’.

Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 per ticket will apply to telephone orders.

Calls cost 7p per minute in addition to your telephone company’s access charge.

Concessions must be able to display proof of age.

Ticket Office

Tickets will be available from the ticket office from Wednesday 19 February at 12pm.

Concessions must be able to display proof of age.

Under-12s must be accompanied by an adult.

Please be aware that the ticket office is likely to attract big queues and it can be quicker to purchase online or via the call centre.

DISABILITY ACCESS
    Please call us on 0131 656 7066 or email disabledtickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.

If you have a general query around disability access, please get in touch with our Disability Access Liaison Officer, Ann Brown.

Ann can be reached via telephone on 0131 656 7066 or on 07519119771.

We also have a dedicated email address at disabledtickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Please note, Ann works on a part-time basis so will get back to you as soon as possible.

HELP
    If you have any ticketing issues or questions, you are advised to contact the ticket office via tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10552

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I can imagine LD saying no chance but RG saying give it a try.
    If you try hard I bet you could imagine LD saying do it and RG saying no chance.

Something like this will only ever work with the support of the club. If they don't push it on social media and on the website ect then it's never going to work.

I suspect the club know this themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Something like this will only ever work with the support of the club. If they don't push it on social media and on the website ect then it's never going to work.

The have everyone's email address.

Agreed. The inability for tickets to purchased in FF lower without an accompanying child makes this pretty much impossible for the singing section to pull off does it not?

Agreed. The inability for tickets to purchased in FF lower without an accompanying child makes this pretty much impossible for the singing section to pull off does it not?
    And I suspect that suits the club.

Where the results of the recent survey about a singing section etc in the FF lower ever published?

I'm curious as to how much demand there really is for the FF lower to be changed. There is a lot of noise about it but when it comes to social media a very small number of people can make a lot of noise and create an environment in which they believe they are a majority. I'm not dismissing the demand but it would be interesting to see if there is any quantifiable evidence that there is even sizeable minority support for this to happen.

And I suspect that suits the club.
    Has the club agreed to it? Do they even know about it?

If they do I find it strange that there's been no communication about it.

If it goes ahead in Friday I don’t see it working because it’s not been done properly.

People who have bought their seat in amongst people who want to stand for example.

Best thing to do, IMO, would have been to advertise it properly and make the section unreserved, similar to what Aberdeen did.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If it goes ahead in Friday I don’t see it working because it’s not been done properly.

People who have bought their seat in amongst people who want to stand for example.

Best thing to do, IMO, would have been to advertise it properly and make the section unreserved, similar to what Aberdeen did.
    All of which makes me think that the club either rejected the idea or they aren't even aware of it.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Has the club agreed to it? Do they even know about it?

If they do I find it strange that there's been no communication about it.
    I raised this yesterday and didn't get a response.

If the singing section are set on getting into the FFL there is nothing to stop them buying tickets, it just has to be an adult and a child ticket.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Seems a cack handed effort from the club here, which personally i think will fail and privately the club will be delighted.

This thing needs planned properly, and built on gradually week on week. It's clear the FF bottom is being unused most weeks by many of those who have bought the cheap tickets.

Having a designated end is a must have in my opinion, and i believe we could make it a great end giving the right planning and time.

Trouble is, we've had this discussion before, and unless we do it properly, we will never know.

All of which makes me think that the club either rejected the idea or they aren't even aware of it.
    I agree. Would be surprised if the have given it the OK with the rules they have in place. If there is something happening different they’d want to control it and I don’t think they have any appetite to do anything different!

I may well be wrong, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Seems a cack handed effort from the club here, which personally i think will fail and privately the club will be delighted.

This thing needs planned properly, and built on gradually week on week. It's clear the FF bottom is being unused most weeks by many of those who have bought the cheap tickets.

Having a designated end is a must have in my opinion, and i believe we could make it a great end giving the right planning and time.

Trouble is, we've had this discussion before, and unless we do it properly, we will never know.
    Agree with every word of that. It would be a really straightforward thing to achieve but the lack of interest from the club, even when opportunities do arise, tells you how interested they really are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Do we know that the club have anything to do with it? Do they know about it?

If they do I agree with you 100%. If they don't then the criticism is unfair in this instance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Where the results of the recent survey about a singing section etc in the FF lower ever published?

I'm curious as to how much demand there really is for the FF lower to be changed. There is a lot of noise about it but when it comes to social media a very small number of people can make a lot of noise and create an environment in which they believe they are a majority. I'm not dismissing the demand but it would be interesting to see if there is any quantifiable evidence that there is even sizeable minority support for this to happen.
    Surely the best way to test something is to actually, ahem, test it? Give it a proper go and see the outcome. The clubs half arsed attempt to satisfy an even smaller minority for this game is staggering. A lot going right but the stubbornness around ticketing is a massive bugbear.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Surely the best way to test something is to actually, ahem, test it? Give it a proper go and see the outcome. The clubs half arsed attempt to satisfy an even smaller minority for this game is staggering. A lot going right but the stubbornness around ticketing is a massive bugbear.
    You keep having a go at the club.

Do they have any knowledge of these plans for Friday?

Is it maybe a half-arsed attempt by some fans which officially has nothing to do with the club?

You keep having a go at the club.

Do they have any knowledge of these plans for Friday?

Is it maybe a half-arsed attempt by some fans which officially has nothing to do with the club?
    There's a poster on here (Chuck) who is adamant the club are aware of this.

However, upon trying to purchase tickets this morning the same restrictions remain in place.

It really needs the club to clarify the situation now.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Do we know that the club have anything to do with it? Do they know about it?

If they do I agree with you 100%. If they don't then the criticism is unfair in this instance IMO.
    I did read that there had been talks and it had been agreed, but there has been nothing that i've seen official.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    There's a poster on here (Chuck) who is adamant the club are aware of this.

However, upon trying to purchase tickets this morning the same restrictions remain in place.

It really needs the club to clarify the situation now.
    Or maybe Chuck & any others involved could post the confirmation (emails?) that they received from the club that it's going ahead.