hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst I don’t doubt you can out dick someone, what Since 1875 need to start working on is a vision / plan that entices the “it’s my seat camp” to be more open minded to progression and show an element of flexibility which then enables longer term benefits.

It’s clear a small handful will always do their upmost to get in Since 1875’s way (and more importantly, progression’s way), regardless of what the idea is, so new tactics are required before try something different.
    I responded to a post which criticised people for wanting to sit in their allocated seats. If you also think these people are wrong, then you too are a dick in my eyes.

Where seating isn't allocated, it's impossible for it to become an issue so I don't even see the point in your post.

Maybe I'm not "open minded to progression" - whatever that's supposed to mean.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think we have a solution to the lack of atmosphere with the introduction of the video screen next season - just play this

and we are sorted. The screen would be high up so qualify as upper tier atmosphere so need need to force folk down to the lower tier for cup games either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I responded to a post which criticised people for wanting to sit in their allocated seats. If you also think these people are wrong, then you too are a dick in my eyes.

Where seating isn't allocated, it's impossible for it to become an issue so I don't even see the point in your post.

Maybe I'm not "open minded to progression" - whatever that's supposed to mean.
    Has it occurred to you that atmospheres in football grounds have got significantly worse since allocated seating became a thing? We should be looking to do away with it, at least in one part of Easter Road, so we can bring back that atmosphere. By all means, I'm very aware it's not to everyone's liking, so if you had 80% of home end with allocated seating, that would be great, I would never begrudge that. But the status quo unreasonably benefits those who like to sit down and not sing, and it does absolutely nothing for those who want to stand and sing. That's a problem and it needs addressed.

The fact that you, and others, get uppity about this rebalance being addressed, suggests to me that is you lot who are being unreasonable, not us.

I'm amazed at how thick and selfish some people can be.If I take your advice and just sit somewhere else, what happens when the person who's seat I've taken turns up and wants it?If I have an allocated seat for something - football, concert or anything else - and somebody is sitting in my seat then they get shifted. I start by asking politely but if the person wants to be a dick then I can out-dick anybody and there'll only be one winner.
    This is exactly the point on reserved seating and allocated ticket seating.

I had the pleasure of meeting a hibs fan at Kilmarnock who was sat in our seats. I stated they were ours but would sit alongside until as predicted someone would come and claim them...when I told him he'd need to move, (why should I for second time when the ticket owners for the seats we moved to came along) he took the right hump and moved to another vacant seat at edge of row where he moaned and groaned when anyone asked to enter the row.We'd never have had this debate if it was standing but its now seated so imo people should sit where they have been asked to.
    As for addressing the emtpy seats it the ff lower were I sit every week the club needs to do something ...seats next to us have been empty all season , when I enquired I was told they were season tickets (I was looking to swap a seat from row behind to join us in same row)....why purchase seasons and not go ...the club must know who dont attend with barcode MI...maybe they should be prohibited from buying seasons again?!! radical but .
    Last edited by j'adorehibs; 27-02-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Has it occurred to you that atmospheres in football grounds have got significantly worse since allocated seating became a thing? We should be looking to do away with it, at least in one part of Easter Road, so we can bring back that atmosphere. By all means, I'm very aware it's not to everyone's liking, so if you had 80% of home end with allocated seating, that would be great, I would never begrudge that. But the status quo unreasonably benefits those who like to sit down and not sing, and it does absolutely nothing for those who want to stand and sing. That's a problem and it needs addressed.

The fact that you, and others, get uppity about this rebalance being addressed, suggests to me that is you lot who are being unreasonable, not us.
    WTF are you on about?

Check all my posts and give me one example of where I've criticised the singing section or those who want to sing.

I look forward to your apology.

The point focuses on what Since 1875 need to do and why.

My first point was confirming you are a dick.

WTF are you on about?

Check all my posts and give me one example of where I've criticised the singing section or those who want to sing.

Come on the pair of you. I know you've both been viewing the thread.

I'm waiting.

The point focuses on what Since 1875 need to do and why.

My first point was confirming you are a dick.
    Well there we have it.

Can you tell me why exactly? (just so I can sleep tonight)

WTF are you on about?

Come on the pair of you. I know you've both been viewing the thread. I'm waiting.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 27-02-2020 at 02:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Any chance we can pack in the name calling folks?

Its childish and tiresome.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The French would start a fight in an empty hoose. Think it’s rubbing off on you.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Any chance we can pack in the name calling folks?

Its childish and tiresome.
    Maybe, once one of these two explains what gives him the right to call me a dick, and the other why he's accused me of being uppity and unreasonable over a subjet I haven't even addressed.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 27-02-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The French would start a fight in an empty hoose. Think it’s rubbing off on you.
    Fine. What do you do if someone's in your seat at ER?

What would you do if somebody accused you of criticising "1875" if you'd done no such thing.

But it's my fault.

Fine. What do you do if someone's in your seat at ER?

What would you do if somebody accused you of criticising "1875" if you'd done no such thing.

But it's my fault.
    That’s another couple of French traits.

You’ve been barneying about on both threads so it’s hardly a surprise that there’s a couple taking you to task. I’m not sure why you are bothering or why you need to defend the honour of the club when they don’t appear overly concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    That’s another couple of French traits.

You’ve been barneying about on both threads so it’s hardly a surprise that there’s a couple taking you to task. I’m not sure why you are bothering or why you need to defend the honour of the club when they don’t appear overly concerned.
    I was every bit as stubborn before I moved to France and I've always stuck up for those who can't defend themselves.

@hibs.net private member
    WTF are you on about?

There’s 18 pages worth of you sticking the boot in. Time to see a shrink.

PS - boarding a flight, enjoying hitting refresh 150 times per minute.

There’s 18 pages worth of you sticking the boot in. Time to see a shrink.

PS - boarding a flight, enjoying hitting refresh 150 times per minute.
    Sticking the boot into who/what?

And you haven't explained what gives you the right to call me a dick.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    That’s probably why they wanted to trial it tomorrow night
    Can you clarify who wants to trial the singing section in the lower part of the famous five stand?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Unallocated seating will never happen.

There's a reason for knowing who sits where, and it's to identify trouble makers easily.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Is it not about time this thread was closed. No ss in ff lower tomorrow. Leeann said last night that they are looking at standing sections.

Let's see what transpires and take it from there.

I was every bit as stubborn before I moved to France and I've always stuck up for those who can't defend themselves.
    Is that Hibs that cant defend themselves or just the Back 4? Give yourself a break. Have you met Dempster????

Left by mutual consent!
    WTF are you on about?

Sorry, if you're inferring that I suggested you criticised the singing section, you're very much mistaken. I said that the reason I am calling the 'it's my seat' brigade somewhat selfish and short-sighted in their attitudes is because Easter Road caters entirely for them at present. There is no good reason why we can't have a ground that caters both for those who want to sit in their regular seat with their friends and watch the game in peace, whilst also catering for those who want to stand in a random place each week and make a raucous atmosphere. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Some people I've argued with on this thread seem to treat my opinion as though I am suggesting we do away with every seat at Easter Road and make it all terracing, that's far from what I'm saying. I'm being quite reasonable in saying that we need to modify Easter Road so some (a minority) can stand for 90 minutes without ruining the experience for match-going fans who want to sit down and have a good view of the pitch. Those who oppose this seem to take issue *even* with that sort of agreement, which is why I'm calling it an unreasonable stance
    Last edited by ABZHFC; 27-02-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Unallocated seating will never happen.

There's a reason for knowing who sits where, and it's to identify trouble makers easily.
    It has literally happened at Pittodrie twice in the past month or so? And, unofficially, it happens all over Scotland most weeks, as most younger supporters who stand and sing for ninety minutes don't go where their designated seat is (and rightfully so, otherwise the atmospheres would be even worse)

Sorry, if you're inferring that I suggested you criticised the singing section, you're very much mistaken. I said that the reason I am calling the 'it's my seat' brigade somewhat selfish and short-sighted in their attitudes is because Easter Road caters entirely for them at present. There is no good reason why we can't have a ground that caters both for those who want to sit in their regular seat with their friends and watch the game in peace, whilst also catering for those who want to stand in a random place each week and make a raucous atmosphere. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Some people I've argued with on this thread seem to treat my opinion as though I am suggesting we do away with every seat at Easter Road and make it all terracing, that's far from what I'm saying. I'm being quite reasonable in saying that we need to modify Easter Road so some (a minority) can stand for 90 minutes without ruining the experience for match-going fans who want to sit down. Those who oppose this seem to take issue *even* with that sort of agreement, which is why I'm calling it an unreasonable stance
    You've completely missed the point.

You had a go at me for a stance I haven't taken, but you're not man enough to admit your mistake and apologise.

Whether it bothers you or not you've gone well down in my estimation, which is a pity as I agree with a lot of the points you've made.

Left by mutual consent!
    You've completely missed the point.

You had a go at me for a stance I haven't taken, but you're not man enough to admit your mistake and apologise.

Whether it bothers you or not you've gone well down in my estimation, which is a pity as I agree with a lot of the points you've made.
    I genuinely have not intended for that to be the case, I possibly jumped from point-to-point, as I'm making wider points about the atmosphere at ER generally, as well as this specific issue with tomorrow night and the FF lower. I won't apologise for being passionate about this as a topic, I think the club have - at times - managed it pretty poorly, and although I'm pleased with what Gordon and Dempster said at the AGM last night, there's still so much work to be done to improve the noise on match days. I accept you and indeed other Hibs fans will not like me saying this, but it does frustrate me when I see our own fans taking pretty short-sighted approaches to an issue that really could massively help our club.

There are an endless number of topics discussed about Hibs on here that I probably wouldn't have the first idea about compared to other, more knowledgable posters (and I include yourself in that), but on this specific issue, I not only know some in the Since1875 group, but I also have a real passion for fan culture, and have been across Europe seeing ultra groups in other countries and how they operate. It does frustrate me that there seems to be a small resistance to it amongst some of our fans, because we really do have the potential to easily be one of the most passionate supports in Scotland, with one of the most atmospheric stadiums to boot

This thread probably ran it's course about 2 days ago. It's just the same arguments over and over again.

Thread closed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years