hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wtf?
    It’s not hard to understand. The current rules state that once you no longer have a child in your group then you are turfed out of your seat to another area. Therefore how long you’ve sat there and how many pals you’ve made is irrelevant.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Soylent Green.

Yum.

You're going to die anyway ...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

FFS, give this line a rest.

There is nothing official about bar staff serving next the person who has been waiting at the bar the longest, but it's not only expected, it's demanded.

Imagine sitting in the barber waiting on your turn and being made to wait because another, more regular customer came in and, when you objected, being told that there was nothing official saying they had to serve you in turn.

Every home cup game for as long as I can remember, ST members have been given the opportunity to buy their own seats.

Just telling them "tough, we've changed our mind, go somewhere else" isn't what any business which valued its customers would ever do.

If there's going to be a change, fine, but it has to be done after proper consultation, explanation and agreement.

Just using some ridiculous technicality to bull doze it through would send out every type of wrong signal and would backfire.
    For years even those without a child could still sit in the FFL as they had done for years previously. The club suddenly changed this and implemented the family section only if you had a child. There was nothing official about anyone sitting in this stand but it was the done thing for years and years, the club changed this without any consultation.

Whether you or I like it, and whether it’s a gentleman’s agreement right now, if it benefits the club to change the way tickets are sold for small cup ties then you can’t seriously cry about a rule that isn’t even in place.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    No quite. Famous Five was shut for league cup group games earlier this season.
    I’m sure they all kicked off about that. Outrageous that from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It’s not hard to understand. The current rules state that once you no longer have a child in your group then you are turfed out of your seat to another area. Therefore how long you’ve sat there and how many pals you’ve made is irrelevant.
    So what?

They should be allowed to enjoy their environment for as long as they're entitled to.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    For years even those without a child could still sit in the FFL as they had done for years previously. The club suddenly changed this and implemented the family section only if you had a child. There was nothing official about anyone sitting in this stand but it was the done thing for years and years, the club changed this without any consultation.

Whether you or I like it, and whether it’s a gentleman’s agreement right now, if it benefits the club to change the way tickets are sold for small cup ties then you can’t seriously cry about a rule that isn’t even in place.
    What like admitting the singing section to the FF lower on Friday night?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I see the same people are still abusing other posters that don't agree 100% with their point of view (apparently, even agreeing 80-90% is not enough).

Also, anybody not sharing their PoV is a lesser Fan

Does anybody seriously think that's a successful approach to winning over fellow Fans or the Club?

Agreed. Some posters across both sides of the debate need to wind their neck in. Few could do with a timeout away from hammering their keyboards.

Personally, if I had made a gentleman's agreement, I wouldn't just unilaterally, and unexpectedly, decide not to honour it.

But, I guess not everyone is a gentleman.

Anyway, it's not happening on Friday so all this is just wind and pish. I'm confident that the club will do the right thing, in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Soylent Green.

That green might be soylent but is it bottle green or emerald green or gradiated green?
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 26-02-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Personally, if I had made a gentleman's agreement, I wouldn't just unilaterally, and unexpectedly, decide not to honour it.

But, I guess not everyone is a gentleman.

Anyway, it's not happening on Friday so all this is just wind and pish. I'm confident that the club will do the right thing, in the right way.
    What exactly, about any of the club's interactions with Since 1875 over the past year or so, gives you that confidence? I really hope they do the right thing too, we all do, but it would take a monumental change of direction to ensure this happens, and furthermore, which is the part you won't like to hear, it will take some of the people on this thread giving up and moaning about something else instead

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    What exactly, about any of the club's interactions with Since 1875 over the past year or so, gives you that confidence? I really hope they do the right thing too, we all do, but it would take a monumental change of direction to ensure this happens, and furthermore, which is the part you won't like to hear, it will take some of the people on this thread giving up and moaning about something else instead
    The outcome you prefer might not be the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

None of this directly affects me btw, which is possibly why I can see it from both sides. I sit in the East, have done for 20 odd years and am unlikely to ever be asked to move, primarily because my area is packed with long-standing ST holders.
    but thats exactly what the singing section are proposing, making long term season ticket holders move to allow them to have the areas they want.

@hibs.net private member

How do you define "small cup ties"?

So what?

They should be allowed to enjoy their environment for as long as they're entitled to.
    Ah, entitlement eh. They’re only entitled to that area until the club say otherwise.

As for Friday, where the singing section go doesn’t overly bother me. I’m more interested in the greater good of the club. Small cup ties that are half full should be looked at to maximise attendance and atmosphere.

We closed the famous five for the group stage of the league cup, was there a massive fuss caused then? Nobody was even arsed about it. There was no priority window to buy your season ticket seat. People still got their discount as per the T&C’s of the season ticket, and everyone got on with their business.

Pricing, stadium layout and part stand closures should all be on the table in my opinion for these games. It may impact a couple of hundred fans for 2/3 games per season, but if it helps the club as a whole then I’m all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    How do you define "small cup ties"?
    Small as in attendance wise. Any with less than 10k home fans.

Ah, entitlement eh. They’re only entitled to that area until the club say otherwise.

As for Friday, where the singing section go doesn’t overly bother me. I’m more interested in the greater good of the club. Small cup ties that are half full should be looked at to maximise attendance and atmosphere.

We closed the famous five for the group stage of the league cup, was there a massive fuss caused then? Nobody was even arsed about it. There was no priority window to buy your season ticket seat. People still got their discount as per the T&C’s of the season ticket, and everyone got on with their business.

Pricing, stadium layout and part stand closures should all be on the table in my opinion for these games. It may impact a couple of hundred fans for 2/3 games per season, but if it helps the club as a whole then I’m all for it.
    The FF Stand was closed. People weren't asked to vacate their usual seats in favour of another group of fans.

The Club is the fans.

Your autocratic approach would piss fans off and it does seem, that for some reason, you're determined to do exactly that.

Anyway, as I said before, the Club will only do what they believe is best for the Club so I'm sure we'll both be happy with what they decide.

Left by mutual consent!
    The outcome you prefer might not be the right thing to do.
    I accept that, quite often, my preferred outcome won't be what's necessarily right, but in this case, it is objectively the correct position to try and maximise the atmosphere at Easter Road for a cup quarter final

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    I accept that, quite often, my preferred outcome won't be what's necessarily right, but in this case, it is objectively the correct position to try and maximise the atmosphere at Easter Road for a cup quarter final
    That response is a quite subjective one in terms of objectivity😉

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    but thats exactly what the singing section are proposing, making long term season ticket holders move to allow them to have the areas they want.
    Yes, and currently those who sit there are blocking other long standing fans from sitting there.

Just because thats the way its always been, doesnt mean its for the best and should always be this way.

Like the regeneration of the stadium and knocking down of stands, you cant halt progress. We are missing an opportunity here, things can work better.

I hope KP takes a few suggestions to the table and we hear communication from the club on this. What's wrong with opening a consultation up on this?

(myself not part of either FFL or singing section)

The FF Stand was closed. People weren't asked to vacate their usual seats in favour of another group of fans.

The Club is the fans.

Your autocratic approach would piss fans off and it does seem, that for some reason, you're determined to do exactly that.

Anyway, as I said before, the Club will only do what they believe is best for the Club so I'm sure we'll both be happy with what they decide.
    That’s exactly what I’m advocating, that the top tier of stands are closed when they are not needed. Not to vacate for anyone else. Nor have I asked For someone that has a ticket for a game to be moved from their seat.

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    Yes, and currently those who sit there are blocking other long standing fans from sitting there.

Just because thats the way its always been, doesnt mean its for the best and should always be this way.

Like the regeneration of the stadium and knocking down of stands, you cant halt progress. We are missing an opportunity here, things can work better.

I hope KP takes a few suggestions to the table and we hear communication from the club on this. What's wrong with opening a consultation up on this?

(myself not part of either FFL or singing section)

Stadium regeneration is a very good point. Families were encouraged to use the FFL when it was built. The East was designed single tier (after fan consultation) specifically to improve atmosphere.

So we currently have a perfect area for parents bringing along the next gen of fans, and a lovely big stand where we can all sing and make noise.

It's almost as if it had all been planned.

@hibs.net private member
    I think that the singing section should go back to the East. It would be a lot easier to encourage fans in the same stand to join in. As far as I remember a lot of the singing section moved back there last season.

The best atmosphere over the last few seasons was when you were all together.

Over time the total match day situation could be looked at.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I think that the singing section should go back to the East. It would be a lot easier to encourage fans in the same stand to join in. As far as I remember a lot of the singing section moved back there last season.

Let’s wait and see what tonight’s AGM “stands” to bring up?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

I think if I remember correctly that a big reason they moved out of the east was to split the atmosphere around the stadium. The east will always try and create an atmosphere, but the guys were trying to get an atmosphere into the Famous 5 and round into the West. May be totally wrong but that’s the perception I got from the move.

The ideal would be to fill in the corner between the FF & the East, lower tier & safe standing only, do away with the gable cladding at the lower level and stick the singing section in there.

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post

so by your reckoning, I own my house so that means I'm blocking others living here.

do you think I should sell up my house just because someone new thinks they live in it, even though I'm quite happy with it?

just because the singing section, who have only been around a few years, think they deserve to be somewhere then people who have been there longer shouldn't have any right to stay where they've been for longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    so by your reckoning, I own my house so that means I'm blocking others living here.

do you think I should sell up my house just because someone new thinks they live in it, even though I'm quite happy with it?

just because the singing section, who have only been around a few years, think they deserve to be somewhere then people who have been there longer shouldn't have any right to stay where they've been for longer?
    Ron Gordon owns Easter road and if he wants a loud rowdy group staying in one of the rooms and Puts the family up in another room then that’s his choice.

Ron Gordon owns Easter road and if he wants a loud rowdy group staying in one of the rooms and Puts the family up in another room then that’s his choice.
    So you go along with his choice when it suits you, but will criticise when it doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    So you go along with his choice when it suits you, but will criticise when it doesn't?
    It doesn’t suit me though? It was a reply to a terrible analogy to show how terrible a point it was. I forgot that those of us who have ideas about how we would like the stadium to look are all wrong though. Just like the poster who agrees with me by hibs closing the FF for league cup group games, but makes some massive issue of us doing it for games in the future.

It doesn’t suit me though? It was a reply to a terrible analogy to show how terrible a point it was. I forgot that those of us who have ideas about how we would like the stadium to look are all wrong though. Just like the poster who agrees with me by hibs closing the FF for league cup group games, but makes some massive issue of us doing it for games in the future.
    You basically said that it's the owner who decides so fans being moved could either like it or lump it. Surely the same goes for the singing section?