hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    STs are for children aged 2 - 11. That's 9 years.

Then baby 2 comes along and maybe baby 3.

Soon you're up to 15 years.

But really, how many years does it need to be valued and respected as a fan?

The other point was that folk should be moved from all the upper tiers if the game wasn't going to be busy. There are folk sitting in the upper tiers who have been there since they were built.
    Still does not compute though so when baby 1 becomes 11 he just goes to another part of the ground on his own and the “group” stays with baby 2? Very much doubt it, surely they would all move to be together? I presume all these groups have equal kids v parents?

As for the entitlement argument from others I feel it’s the other way round. I’ll cut to the chase a £50 ST should be glad of any seat in the ground.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    Still does not compute though so when baby 1 becomes 11 he just goes to another part of the ground on his own and the “group” stays with baby 2? Very much doubt it, surely they would all move to be together? I presume all these groups have equal kids v parents?

As for the entitlement argument from others I feel it’s the other way round. I’ll cut to the chase a £50 ST should be glad of any seat in the ground.
    The poster was saying that it wasn't possible to be in the family section for "years" or something. I pointed out that it was.

By the way, I went to matches with my mates when I was 11.

I'll hazard a guess that you're not a parent.

Just pop the bairns in beside the coked up erses with the pyros and smuggled in bottles if there's a free seat for them.

That'll put hairs on their chests.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

So should a group who want to stand together to sing and bang a drum and that, in that case.

And even if the principle of the £50 season ticket holder being grateful for any seat, fair enough, but once they've got their seat they should feel that it's their seat for the season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar

The other point was that folk should be moved from all the upper tiers if the game wasn't going to be busy. There are folk sitting in the upper tiers who have been there since they were built.
    On the latter point, I’ve had a ST for the old enclosure, the east stand, and since it was built the F F Upper. Obviously I’m no longer in the first flush of youth. So it’s maybe the cantankerousness that goes with age that makes me retort to my fellow Hibs fan that wants to boot me out my seat because ‘it’s not busy there’ that he (or she) can do one.
    I’m quite happy sitting where I’ve sat for however many years (I go home between games to be fair) without some clown telling me I have to move to make the atmosphere better.
    You have to trust me on this, but enforcing a move ain’t going to make me sing and add to the jollity. Quite the ****in opposite.

I’m not telling anyone else where to sit, so dinnae tell me.

Cheers

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    On the latter point, I’ve had a ST for the old enclosure, the east stand, and since it was built the F F Upper. Obviously I’m no longer in the first flush of youth. So it’s maybe the cantankerousness that goes with age that makes me retort to my fellow Hibs fan that wants to boot me out my seat because ‘it’s not busy there’ that he (or she) can do one.
    I’m quite happy sitting where I’ve sat for however many years (I go home between games to be fair) without some clown telling me I have to move to make the atmosphere better.
    You have to trust me on this, but enforcing a move ain’t going to make me sing and add to the jollity. Quite the ****in opposite.

Cheers
    So you would be fine with the family stand being moved up to ff upper?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

Cheers
    I got a seat in the FF upper as soon as it was built. I can't remember what row (all my old ST are in a cupboard in the garage, but I'm not going out just now), but I was in seat 101.

Frank Dougan got me that seat and it was the last one sold. I used to sit beside Cliff and his wife. Great view from there.

My group of friends increased in size and we all moved to the top of the West. What a hike that was but the atmosphere up there for the Athens game in particular was fantastic.

I'm delighted that my mates are in the West lower now even if I could do with more exercise.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    So should a group who want to stand together to sing and bang a drum and that, in that case.

And even if the principle of the £50 season ticket holder being grateful for any seat, fair enough, but once they've got their seat they should feel that it's their seat for the season.
    It’s not about a group banging a drum sitting together though mate. It’s about creating a better atmosphere in general in the ground and not having behind the goal completely empty all the time, especially in a cup quarter final. Guaranteed on Friday the pocket of Calley fans right behind the goals make loads of noise and get behind the team, meanwhile we will have an empty stand apart from the waltons with three kids who they have been sitting in a group of fellow Walton’s (age right). And old joe with a gammy leg who has a season ticket in a family section for some reason despite not having a kid at all.

Not sure when the rules changed, my first season ticket was in 1999, I had to prove I was a child. I moved to the east the next season but that was before I was 16 but sure it was fine in the old east and even now a lot safer now.

When baby 1 reaches 11 they don't get sent elsewhere, he/she stays where they are and gets a youth season ticket. Just one child in the group is needed, baby 2 being that child. A family stand wouldn't work if you had to have an equal number of kids v parents. A mum and dad with 1 child wouldn't be allowed.

FFL probably has the worst views in the ground so my guess is that is why the £50 season tickets are there.

The poster was saying that it wasn't possible to be in the family section for "years" or something. I pointed out that it was.

Just pop the bairns in beside the coked up erses with the pyros and smuggled in bottles if there's a free seat for them.

That’s a terrible generalisation of SS and probably says more about you than me.
    If you read my posts earlier you would know that I am a parent. And yes once I moved out of FF with kids we gradually moved along the east when seats were available to be be closer to “atmosphere”. Nothing to do with putting hairs on their chest but to escape the morgue type areas of the ground. If you think kids are there just to watch football I think you are mistaken, they are there for the full package.
    I tell you what half the FFL as suggested on another post and I bet you the busiest part of the family section would be the closest to the SS.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    So you would be fine with the family stand being moved up to ff upper?

It’s not my shout to say what would happen to somebody else’s seats.
    I’m puzzled that you have so misunderstood my post. Thought I’d made it clear that I didn’t want someone to determine where I should sit, so why would I want to do that to others?

Bewildered.

By the way, I went to matches with my mates when I was 11.

They'll learn some new words too that they can ask their teachers the meaning of.

As for moving seats when the ground is not busy that does puzzle me? I thought the club would do it for financial reasons more than anything. Surely it would make sense to shut parts to cut back on stewarding and policing? If it creates a better atmosphere it’s a bonus?

That’s a terrible generalisation of SS and probably says more about you than me.
    If you read my posts earlier you would know that I am a parent. And yes once I moved out of FF with kids we gradually moved along the east when seats were available to be be closer to “atmosphere”. Nothing to do with putting hairs on their chest but to escape the morgue type areas of the ground. If you think kids are there just to watch football I think you are mistaken, they are there for the full package.
    I tell you what half the FFL as suggested on another post and I bet you the busiest part of the family section would be the closest to the SS.
    Can't see the club having the singing section in with family section. Yes, some of the olders kids would enjoy it but what about younger kids? Do you think all parents of 5 year olds want to explain to them things like who Paul Hartley is? Why he's a c*** And what a c*** is?
    Last edited by 007; 24-02-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Can't see the club having the singing section in with family section. Yes, some of the olders kids would enjoy it but what about younger kids? Do you think all parents of 5 year olds want to explain to them things like who Paul Hartley is? Why he's a ******? And what a ****** is?
    And they don’t hear when it’s getting sung above them?

I've no idea what it could have said about me, but no, I wasn't refering to the singing section. I was referring to coked up erses who smuggle pyros and bottles of beer into the ground and throw them onto the pitch.

You said that the bairns should be grateful for any seat anywhere.

So I exaggerated to make my point.

I should have said that I disagree that children should be grateful for a seat anywhere. They should be accommodated in a safe environment. An environment like the current family section.

No, I wasn't refering to the singing section. I was referring to coked up erses who smuggle pyros and bottles of beer into the ground and throw them onto the pitch.

You said that the bairns should be grateful for any seat anywhere.

So I exaggerated to make my point.

I should have said that I disagree that children should be grateful for a seat anywhere. They should be accommodated in a safe environment. An environment like the current family section.
    I think it’s probably the most unsafe part of the ground have you seen some of the shots from our players, the put they nets up in the warm up for a reason 😂😂😂😂😉

Left by mutual consent!
    How are ticket sales going for the FF Lower just now?

I think it’s probably the most unsafe part of the ground have you seen some of the shots from our players, the put they nets up in the warm up for a reason 😂😂😂😂😉
    That's a very fair point. 😁
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

And they don’t hear when it’s getting sung above them?
    Yes some will but not as many as if you put them right beside each other. Do you seriously think the club would go along with having the family section and singing sections side by side?

I am not against the singing section, I just think the FFL probably won't work. I think it would work better around section 43. Yes give FFL a try if something can be sorted for a future cup game or even a friendly against a club like Newcastle, there were 12k+ there last year.

Is there a reason for not trying the East, section 43 or 44 on Friday?

🤣🤣 And the huge nets still aren't big enough.

The problem with your last point is that less than 10% of STH are taking up the option to buy their own seats. So a very small % of fans will have taken up their option to buy their top tier seat. An even smaller % of that will have ‘sat there since they were built’, and an even smaller % of that will be absolutely adamant that they are not moving elsewhere. So we’re probably worrying about tens, possibly very low 3 figures, out of 13000.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    The seats in the East give you a better view, so if it was me making the decision, I would politely decline your request

We would be hoping to attract fans to relocate to some of the worst seats in the stadium. Maybe offer a wee incentive, no?

Also, what makes you think there are huge numbers desperate to move there? There seem to be huge numbers desperate for the singing section to move there, but maybe not quite so many claiming they will be joining them.

The stadium currently looks ***** on TV. This is partly how we sell ourselves to sponsors as well as potential signings. Do you have a better idea to fill both bottom tiers behind the goals?
    So what you're saying is that a few hundred fans desperate to move to the FFL should get lower priced tickets? Even though they're desperate to move there? Then lots will follow them to some of the worst seats in the stadium and then it will look great on tv?

You'll excuse my scepticism here I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    So what you're saying is that a few hundred fans desperate to move to the FFL should get lower priced tickets? Even though they're desperate to move there? Then lots will follow them to some of the worst seats in the stadium and then it will look great on tv?

You'll excuse my scepticism here I'm sure.
    I'm saying that we currently have an issue with how our stadium looks when on TV.

I'm saying that if the singing section section moved to the FFL, we would still have about another 1,500 seats (with probably the worst view in the stadium) to fill. I'm saying that it would then be a good idea to discount the seats to help achieve a full stand. I'm not talking half price, 10-20% cheaper could do the trick.

There are no perfect solutions here. I'll ask again, do you have any better suggestions?

First Team Breakthrough madhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    How are ticket sales going for the FF Lower just now?
    Around 550 sold - maybe 1/3 full?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Something obviously needs to be sorted out, but for the start of next season.

Anything sooner isn't going to happen.
    Didn’t we already have a poll asking where the ‘singing section’ should move to?

Wasn’t the majority view to relocate back to the East?

There's no £50 season tickets anymore.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The shape of the FF stand and location of singing section has created a barrier between what was expected to be a trigger to encourage more vocal backing from the East, the traditional home of the more vocal supporters.

Would a straight swap to the other corner of FF upper be practical?

1 - The corner of that upper tier has no straight wall like side the group are sited at present, so acoustically the sound should be audibly louder to those in the East while a fraction louder in West.

2 - Family section not impacted

3 - The group would still be in prime position for displays etc

4 - Moving existing ST holders might be less of an inconvenience as the seats could be reallocated on an almost like-for-like basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    There's no £50 season tickets anymore.
    The kids tickets went up from £25 to £50 this season in the famous five lower.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    The problem with your last point is that less than 10% of STH are taking up the option to buy their own seats. So a very small % of fans will have taken up their option to buy their top tier seat. An even smaller % of that will have ‘sat there since they were built’, and an even smaller % of that will be absolutely adamant that they are not moving elsewhere. So we’re probably worrying about tens, possibly very low 3 figures, out of 13000.
    Sorry, but that's a complete back of a very convenient fag packet non-calculation, made up to suit your argument.

This really isn't a discussion anymore.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The shape of the FF stand and location of singing section has created a barrier between what was expected to be a trigger to encourage more vocal

4 - Moving existing ST holders might be less of an inconvenience as the seats could be reallocated on an almost like-for-like basis.

So I would be moved back to where I was moved from despite being perfectly happy where I am. Two moves..nah!