hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Famous Five Lower - Singing Section v ICT

Now that the season ticket priority is over and sales in the famous five lower have been poor, we are going to use this opportunity to try this area as a singing section for the game.

We encourage anyone that would like to create a great atmosphere and back the team into a semi final to join us.

We as a group will be in and around section 19.

If you have already bought tickets elsewhere, we are sure the ticket office would help in changing your ticket to the FF lower.

We understand that people have already bought tickets in this area. We hope us moving there won't cause too much inconvenience and if you do not want to be a part of it, you won't mind moving to one of the many empty areas in the Famous Five.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We’re at the edge of 20 and if you’re all standing and my old man who has a bad knee can’t see - it’ll kick off.
    Are you all being instructed not to stand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that the season ticket priority is over and sales in the famous five lower have been poor, we are going to use this opportunity to try this area as a singing section for the game.

We encourage anyone that would like to create a great atmosphere and back the team into a semi final to join us.

If you have already bought tickets elsewhere, we are sure the ticket office would help in changing your ticket to the FF lower.

We understand that people have already bought tickets in this area. We hope us moving there won't cause too much inconvenience and if you do not want to be a part of it, you won't mind moving to one of the many empty areas in the Famous Five.
    If you seriously think people who sit there every week will just happily move to another area of the stand you are being very naive.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Excellent idea

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edina Erin View Post
    We’re at the edge of 20 and if you’re all standing and my old man who has a bad knee can’t see - it’ll kick off.

Hope it won't be yer auld man with his dodgy knee. Just saying.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar

Proper naughty ... 🥊

I thought that the singing section had tried this before. This is the family section and I'd imagine that the club won't like it.

I would imagine that they’ve got the permission of the club this time around, as last time this was tried I think they didn’t allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    If you seriously think people who sit there every week will just happily move to another area of the stand you are being very naive.
    Agree. Not thought through at all.
    How do you know when seats are empty? What if folk are just late? Do you just keep moving?

I’ll ask again - have they been instructed not to stand? Nobody stands in the FF Lower - that’s why some people have tickets there.

Excellent idea.

Looking forward to it. Will buy my ticket there

Great, hope people turn up in numbers to convince the club to drop the stubbornness with a 80% empty family section.

Folk are getting too touchy about it, there must be a small number of people who actually sit there every week, the place is empty!

Testimonial Due
    Sounds good. Will likely be opposition from a few of those awful "Hibs.net types" who sit down for a slash but the FF lower is a joke and 100 people can either swap their tickets in advance or just move to one of the many empty seats. For one game only.......

Left by mutual consent!
    For one game only, for the chance to get to Hampden, we need all the help we can get. Let’s put the NIMBY stuff aside for 90 minutes and get Easter Road bouncing, GGTTH

@hibs.net private member

Rather than kicking off, why not have a conversation, explain the circumstances and I am sure whoever will be more than happy to move and there will be more than enough seats for folk to move onto to ensure his views not disrupted?

@hibs.net private member
    I hope those who said they want this will make the move over and support this initiative. It’s very easy to swap a ticket if you have purchased already.

Good work.

Hope it goes well. Shame the club didn’t push this from 1st ticket sales. Even today the section was trying to get behind team but with the acoustics it just wasn’t being heard.

Fed up seeing an empty behind the goals when this should be full helping the team score a goal at that end and giving the opposition keeper pelters.

Looking at the seating map the section is pretty much empty so shouldn’t piss off too many folk.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 22-02-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Brilliant move, hope everyone that's been saying "get them in the lower and it'll be great" gets behind it.

Have a word with yourself edina. It’s a one off game with the best of intentions in trying to improve a game atmosphere for the betterment of the team and the vast majority of the fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    Excellent great shout

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Proper naughty ... ��
    Who wants some! Bad knee or nae bad knee, Ah'll take the ****in lot ay youse!
    Last edited by ehf; 22-02-2020 at 06:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Doubt it will make any difference to atmosphere - will still sound the same.

West Lower will be next for a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Doubt it will make any difference to atmosphere - will still sound the same.

West Lower will be next for a shot.
    Why don’t we save assumptions like this until after Friday night? For what it’s worth, 2-300 fans in the South Lower can make a fair din at times. No reason why that couldn’t be the case in the FF.

It's certainly worth trying. We're in the FF lower but I would say that the stricter rules aren't working as there are still lots of empty seats. I'm not sure they'll do it as early as next season but there needs to be a change in there.

I would also like to see the club make use of the hospitality boxes in the FF as they haven't been used for years.

Just one question. I don’t mind this initiative at all but I’m one of quite a few folk who do sit there every home game - come rain or shine. Have the guys been told that they should only sit/stand in the seat the ticket relates to? If anybody is in my seat they’ll be asked to move.

Damn good idea. A strong vocal support will only be built by supporters, not by seeking craven permission from the club. It's an opportunity to show them that logically a vociferous home 'end' has to be built from the centre of the FF lower, spreading throughout that stand, and hopefully energizing the east and other parts of the stadium.

It's about time we had the 'new cave', a designated end where anything goes and bad behavior is encouraged to the maximum. (Within the bounds of common decency, obviously.)

Personally think section 20 would be the sensible place for it as less likely to get in people's way.

As it is, I won't be taking up my 3 x St's in the ffl as I can't afford the 40+ quid, so it won't bother me either way. Let's hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It's certainly worth trying. We're in the FF lower but I would say that the stricter rules aren't working as there are still lots of empty seats. I'm not sure they'll do it as early as next season but there needs to be a change in there.

I would also like to see the club make use of the hospitality boxes in the FF as they haven't been used for years.
    Yeah it’s odd.

Maybe not the demand to sit behind the glass and watch a game ? Surely they could do something as even a game like today when freezing they could surely be used for someone who doesn’t like the elements.

Or ideally they do something with them and change them long term - otherwise just a waste of space.

Maybe Kieran knows ?

Also separate issue but the East Stand steps needs painted again as they were pretty slippy today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Behind the goals takes up the hospitality area that used to service them doesn't it?

So you'd need to get rid of that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Behind the goals takes up the hospitality area that used to service them doesn't it?

So you'd need to get rid of that.
    No, it’s the 2nd floor which is lying empty where the boxes are