hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if I remember correctly that a big reason they moved out of the east was to split the atmosphere around the stadium. The east will always try and create an atmosphere, but the guys were trying to get an atmosphere into the Famous 5 and round into the West. May be totally wrong but that’s the perception I got from the move.
    I think you are right but it hasn't worked so needs reviewing. In the meantime it would make sense to return to where it worked. I don't think you will ever get the West to join in. Never been the same since you couldn't stamp on the old wooden floorboards!

As long as you aren't chucking folk out their seats.

I have heard that a standing section may be introduced, let's see what happens.
    Last edited by PatHead; 26-02-2020 at 06:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It doesn’t suit me though? It was a reply to a terrible analogy to show how terrible a point it was. I forgot that those of us who have ideas about how we would like the stadium to look are all wrong though. Just like the poster who agrees with me by hibs closing the FF for league cup group games, but makes some massive issue of us doing it for games in the future.
    I think there are 3 issues and people are confusing them.

1. The accommodation of the SS in the FF Lower on Friday.

1A. The closure of the upper tiers on Friday.

2. Future cup arrangements for ST holders

3.. The future positioning of the SS.

M views are;

1 and 1A. Neither should happen. People are used to the usual arrangements, tickets have been sold and there had been zero consultation in advance.

2. I think there could be an argument to ask ST holders to be prepared, on rare occasions, to buy a different seat, if the club's attendance crystal ball is working, and crowds are definitely going to be less than about 8000. That figure could be increased if Hibs used the lower tiers of the South.

I think it has its challenges though. One problem would be if a less able ST member couldn't get a lower tier seat. They shouldn't be expected to take a seat high up the East, for example. So, are we back to the first dibs thing or do we just tell them to take their chances?

Then there's the general scramble for the best seats and the subsequent shambles when everyone is trying to do so at the same time.

3. I don't particularly mind where they're situated, tbh, but if they can persuade the club that behind the goals would be good for the club longer term, then a consultation and information process needs to take place.

If there is any organisational change, there will be knock on effects. It's nowhere near as simple as some are suggesting.

The SS should be trying to take people with them rather than just assume that they're more important than any other group of fans. That arrogant and entitled attitude does the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 26-02-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You basically said that it's the owner who decides so fans being moved could either like it or lump it. Surely the same goes for the singing section?
    In reply to the previous poster talking about him in his own house blocking others out, in reality Ron Gordon owns Easter road, not the singing section, or the family section, or any other section of fans for that point. So yes, the owner can make those choices, whichever section that may be. I have, however, not disputed that fact, nor have I said any section of fans have any given right to sit anywhere, it’s all up for debate and I’ve given my input into long term, but also short term for small cup ties. I don’t see the problem with that. I made an argument for upper tiers being closed, shouted down by a poster who said it is the right of every single STH to buy their own seat and always has been. I was backed up by the fact the club shut a stand in the summer, showing that anything is on the table. I have my opinion on both long term week in week out games, and also short term small attendance games. Folk on both sides saying they would stop attending or do this or that to the club if they weren’t given what they wanted are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I’ve had the same seat since the East was built. I made an effort at the time to get seats that we were delighted with and I’m not sure we could get a much better seat. TBH, if I was told I was having to move because someone else wanted it, I’d be mightily pissed off. A small part of the reason that we’ve continually bought STs, even when it’s been absolutely ***** is because we don’t want to lose the seat.

Maybe it’s one of those things you need to go through to understand.
    When the ground was a bit of a wreck I’d understand your point more, now, not so much really. I’ve had the same seat for maybe 2-3 years at a time previously, but in 20+ years of going I moved between the East, North and West Stands, and within those stands too. Had my preferences for one reason or another but can’t say I was ever so wedded to one seat that it’d upset me seriously to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Sense of entitlement?

They're entitled to sit in the seat they've paid for.

The entitlement is from the "we're better fans than you" folk who think they can demand to sit anywhere they want, whether they even have a regular seat or even if they're a now and again walk up.
    And the club is entitled to move people around the stadium they own.

Aside from this week perhaps, my issue is that the club will not address this. Perhaps Ron Gordon will - the optics of that half empty family section behind the goal are not good. It needs addressed, and if that means from next season that people currently in there need to move, then I do not accept it cannot happen because auld Frankie and his pals have had a seat there since 1998 and could not possibly watch the game from one of 20,000 other places.

As for entitlement, you sound like one of those folk who will move folk out of your seats even if there are umpteen other empty seats around.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    And the club is entitled to move people around the stadium they own.

Aside from this week perhaps, my issue is that the club will not address this. Perhaps Ron Gordon will - the optics of that half empty family section behind the goal are not good. It needs addressed, and if that means from next season that people currently in there need to move, then I do not accept it cannot happen because auld Frankie and his pals have had a seat there since 1998 and could not possibly watch the game from one of 20,000 other places.

As for entitlement, you sound like one of those folk who will move folk out of your seats even if there are umpteen other empty seats around.
    What a strange comment. You've clearly missed the point of the discussion, but is it a bad thing for someone to expect the person who doesn't have a ticket for a seat to allow the person who does to sit in it?

Or was it just an opportunity to insult me again, for some reason that I don't understand?

@hibs.net private member
    What happens if the club moves the family section elsewhere, haul out all the seats, installs rail seating and the singing people decide that this still isn't the ideal location for their active fandom?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What a strange comment. You've clearly missed the point of the discussion, but is it a bad thing for someone to expect the person who doesn't have a ticket for a seat to allow the person who does to sit in it?

Or was it just an opportunity to insult me again, for some reason that I don't understand?
    With a season ticket, perhaps not. I just happen to be irritated by people who wade through a bunch of empty seats clutching their ticket and tell people to move. Just sit wherever FFS. Anyway, off on a tangent.

Behind the goals at Real Madrid looks impressive tonight with everyone wearing white.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Behind the goals at Real Madrid looks impressive tonight with everyone wearing white.
    But what about families!!

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    But what about families!!
    Juan Smith had a season ticket for 40 year behind those goals and had to move tonight! He’s no gaun back.

I sit in the FF upper(not singing section) same seat forever and if I was to move I would be disappointed and miffed but I’d do it I’m now 23, if I’d been moved when I was under 16 and attending with parents I don’t think I’d have cared, from experience taking young family members to away games they always without fail want to be close to the singing section, therefor why would they “have” to move. I get an impression that this whole push back stems from the adults becoming accustomed to the people around them( I understand this as I said earlier) and potentially the cost element as well especially for families. I sat with my girlfriends family in the FF lower for the Hamilton game and there were more conversations around me about non footballing stuff during the game than actual chat about the game, I think the club could easily put in place similar pricing and a scheme to allow “football friends” a Pish term but can’t think of anything else for it to move together meaning the friendship element and pricing elements are offset? One derby win and your new seat would feel like home.

I fully support the singing section being in the FFL but this needs to be a gradual and considered approach probably already too late for next season. I think an idea could be to almost split the stand 2 blocks each and a neutral zone in the middle and gradually phase over the singing section as you’ll be able to judge how involved kids etc are in the other zones and if they do or don’t enjoy it. I think rangers do this as the union bears are over the far side and the rest of that stand potentially the upper tier maybe is the family zone. Seeing the club state about pricing structures may open up a more obvious solution to the issue as the family section may no longer be as a cheap or even option for discounts(I cannot see this but you never know).

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I much prefer to see the odd kid scattered about and lots of empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I much prefer to see the odd kid scattered about and lots of empty seats.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You can always tell a thread has run it's course when it descends into even more petty squabbling than usual, thinly veiled insults and awful jokes.

18 pages and I don't think a single person has shown any inclination to change their mind on the matter. There's just no desire from a few people to even consider trying to see things from the other point of view. The whole 'debate' has been a pointless exercise really.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    You can always tell a thread has run it's course when it descends into even more petty squabbling than usual, thinly veiled insults and awful jokes.

18 pages and I don't think a single person has shown any inclination to change their mind on the matter. There's just no desire from a few people to even consider trying to see things from the other point of view. The whole 'debate' has been a pointless exercise really.
    Because one side is wanting better for the club, by improving Easter Road's atmosphere, and the other side are saying "it's ma seat", not exactly surprising to see why not much movement is being made

I was/am a supporter of a move. But the singing section (as with the rest of the ground) is looking a bit empty for tomorrow as it stands.

Looking like about a 9000-ish attendance tomorrow night.

Thu 27 Feb 11:30:35 GMT 2020
    West
    4102 not for sale
    1895 available

FF
    1574 not for sale
    2227 available

East
    3508 not for sale
    2809 available

South
    3949 not for sale
    0 available

Total
    13205 not for sale
    6931 available

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Looking like about a 9000-ish attendance tomorrow night.

Thu 27 Feb 11:30:35 GMT 2020
    West
    4102 not for sale
    1895 available

FF
    1574 not for sale
    2227 available

East
    3508 not for sale
    2809 available

South
    3949 not for sale
    0 available

Total
    13205 not for sale
    6931 available
    Think there will be quite a big walk up crowd tomorrow. If you account for the fact that some of those not for sale, probably haven’t ever been released for sale, we’ll have sold somewhere between 8-9k.

I reckon we’ll get up to about 12k.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Think there will be quite a big walk up crowd tomorrow. If you account for the fact that some of those not for sale, probably haven’t ever been released for sale, we’ll have sold somewhere between 8-9k.

That would be good

With a season ticket, perhaps not. I just happen to be irritated by people who wade through a bunch of empty seats clutching their ticket and tell people to move. Just sit wherever FFS. Anyway, off on a tangent.
    You must be a right laugh on a RyanAir flight...

@hibs.net private member
    Because one side is wanting better for the club, by improving Easter Road's atmosphere, and the other side are saying "it's ma seat", not exactly surprising to see why not much movement is being made
    Can you not give it a rest?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'm amazed at how thick and selfish some people can be.

If I take your advice and just sit somewhere else, what happens when the person who's seat I've taken turns up and wants it?

If I have an allocated seat for something - football, concert or anything else - and somebody is sitting in my seat then they get shifted. I start by asking politely but if the person wants to be a dick then I can out-dick anybody and there'll only be one winner.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    What happens if the club moves the family section elsewhere, haul out all the seats, installs rail seating and the singing people decide that this still isn't the ideal location for their active fandom?
    That’s probably why they wanted to trial it tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

If the guys numbers are correct, just over 13k unavailable, taking off 3800 away end tickets and your down at around 9k, less hospitality and other non sold areas, were probably talking around 8k sold. Hopefully get 2/3k walk ups but I’d be surprised with it being on tele.

Think that’s a bit one dimensional. Think there are a number in those seats who wouldn’t mind being part of the action. Its not just black and white - them and us - as you imply.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Think that’s a bit one dimensional. Think there are a number in those seats who wouldn’t mind being part of the action. Its not just black and white - them and us - as you imply.
    Of course, so I’d include those people in the first category - people who want the atmosphere to improve at Easter Road. Those in the second category, the “it’s my seat” brigade, if they do want a good atmosphere at games, are doing the most destructive thing possible to ensure it won’t happen

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Can you not give it a rest?
    No, of course not. Those supporters have an embarrassing sense of entitlement that is to the detriment of the club, who continue to wilt and listen to a handful of angry voices threatening not to renew season tickets. See also; loyalty points

Does it really matter where you sit at the game? I'd rather move seat and have a better atmosphere, backing and matchday experience than sitting in 'my seat' in silence with a crap atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm amazed at how thick and selfish some people can be.

If I take your advice and just sit somewhere else, what happens when the person who's seat I've taken turns up and wants it?

If I have an allocated seat for something - football, concert or anything else - and somebody is sitting in my seat then they get shifted. I start by asking politely but if the person wants to be a dick then I can out-dick anybody and there'll only be one winner.
    Whilst I don’t doubt you can out dick someone, what Since 1875 need to start working on is a vision / plan that entices the “it’s my seat camp” to be more open minded to progression and show an element of flexibility which then enables longer term benefits.

It’s clear a small handful will always do their upmost to get in Since 1875’s way (and more importantly, progression’s way), regardless of what the idea is, so new tactics are required before try something different.