hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be a very dangerous way for a company to look at things and football teams more so.

From a business point of view, investors and customers are now very aware of what companies stand for and how they use their profits.

A Mars bar probably isn’t going to be improved now. You buy one, you get one. You hope they money you pay into your football club leads to better players and better results. Fans tend to get concerned when money put into the club isn’t for the benefit of the team they support.
    I think Hibs have been clear what they stand for, ie. 'We Are All Hibs'.

Lucky for us the club has more than one team we support. Check the website, they're all listed there

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    How many hours do Hibs players work? I bet it's a lot less than 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    So the 'full-time' players are working other jobs too? Even the foreign players who have moved to this country to sign for Celtic and Rangers?

Out of interest, what's the difference in contracted hours between a full-time male and female professional footballer?

Full-time employment with contracted hours less than 40 hours a week is not unusual.
    I know loads of people (including my wife) who are in full time employment that work less than 40 hours per week.
    Anyways, meet Miss Sonia O'Neill. She plays for the rangers (no seriously). I don't know her but I will wager this, absolutely NO CHANCE she is here to be making less than what 16 year olds are working for in McDonalds.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...-sign-21256914

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I know loads of people (including my wife) who are in full time employment that work less than 40 hours per week.
    Anyways, meet Miss Sonia O'Neill. She plays for the rangers (no seriously). I don't know her but I will wager this, absolutely NO CHANCE she is here to be making less than what 16 year olds are working for in McDonalds.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...-sign-21256914
    She’s getting a flat with the other imports and a piss poor salary. Everyone is miles off it on this. These girls are getting rubbish money. But probably what a few on here would want them to get. Or deserve. Most English players are the same.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    She’s getting a flat with the other imports and a piss poor salary. Everyone is miles off it on this. These girls are getting rubbish money. But probably what a few on here would want them to get. Or deserve. Most English players are the same.
    Everyone other than you, naturally.

Can I ask how you happen to know what everyone in Scottish womens football are earning? Including knowing that this women is being put up in a flat and what salary she's getting? Short of working for Rangers in a position where you're giving out the contracts I'm not quite sure how you seem to know all this?

I can't say a shared flat and a piss poor salary would tempt me to up sticks to a different country.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 22-02-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I think Hibs have been clear what they stand for, ie. 'We Are All Hibs'.

Lucky for us the club has more than one team we support. Check the website, they're all listed there
    We - meaning about 50 people usually where the ladies team are concerned?

I’m aware of the messaging. The reality is right now that most people putting money into the club do so for one reason.

I’m aware of the messaging. The reality is right now that most people putting money into the club do so for one reason.
    Everyone does it for the same reason - because we are Hibs fans.

We put money into our club, whether through tickets, the shop, HSL or anything else and it's up to our club to decide how to spend it.

Oh, and nice jibe about anyone who doesn't attend games regularly not caring about Hibs.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Are you for real? That right there has ruined any credibility you had, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Are you for real? That right there has ruined any credibility you had, I'm out.

It's pathetic. We'll soon be getting told if we don't have any interest in rap music that we're racist.

We, meaning Hibs supporters. We, meaning if a player plays for Hibs then that is good enough for a lot us, gender doesn't come into it, they are Hibs players. I'm not sure what the approx. attendance is, I would bet you don't actually know either having never been, and I don't know, nor do you, how many people will watch Hibs Women over the course of a season. But a lot of people will. Some just once, some every game. Going by reactions on social media to the news of the first part-time contract, it has been a move supported by a large number of Hibs supporters.

No, that's why you do it. You can't comment for the rest of us as you have can't know what other people's reasons are.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

It's pathetic. We'll soon be getting told if we don't have any interest in rap music that we're racist.
    We've just been told that if we're not one of the "50" people that attends a Hibs Women's game then we have no interest in that particular part of our club.

I haven't attended one of the Women's games yet, but I watch when we're on the TV (eg tomorrow). I also don't attend development squad games. And for a number of years I didn't attend our men's games either.

So by that definition I wasn't a Hibs fan. And based on our attendances neither are many of those who attend semis and finals at Hampden, let alone the 150k who turned out for the Scottish Cup parade.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough calamitus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: marmite machine
    Us showing a progressive attitude towards women's football will make it easier to attract corporate sponsorship. I know that social inclusiveness is one of the things our corporate sponsorship team look for at my work.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by calamitus View Post
    Us showing a progressive attitude towards women's football will make it easier to attract corporate sponsorship. I know that social inclusiveness is one of the things our corporate sponsorship team look for at my work.
    And will give a pathway for the dreams of many young lassies who support the Hibs as kids and can now aim to 'play for Hibs when I grow up' just like their brothers.

With women being about 50% of the Scottish population, we should be encouraging them, and catering for their involvement.

Not to, makes no sense on lots of levels, including business level.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We've just been told that if we're not one of the "50" people that attends a Hibs Women's game then we have no interest in that particular part of our club.

I haven't attended one of the Women's games yet, but I watch when we're on the TV (eg tomorrow). I also don't attend development squad games. And for a number of years I didn't attend our men's games either.

So by that definition I wasn't a Hibs fan. And based on our attendances neither are many of those who attend semis and finals at Hampden, let alone the 150k who turned out for the Scottish Cup parade.
    Us Oz fans aren't any of the 50 either, and hardly likely to be, but we are proud to sponsor at least one member of Hibernian Women

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    That would be a very dangerous way for a company to look at things and football teams more so.

From a business point of view, investors and customers are now very aware of what companies stand for and how they use their profits.

A Mars bar probably isn’t going to be improved now. You buy one, you get one. You hope they money you pay into your football club leads to better players and better results. Fans tend to get concerned when money put into the club isn’t for the benefit of the team they support.
    I agree that people are aware of what companies stand for but what you're saying is that your ticket money entitles you to say where that money should go, which isn't the case - it entitles you to attend a football match.

You obviously have a choice of whether or not you want to buy another ticket, that's fair enough, but Hibs will be confident that they can support this at the same time as improving the men's side otherwise we wouldn't be doing it.

I'm not sure how far you think your season ticket money goes, I reckon mine will cover a few days of a first team players' wage. I don't really think that gives me much say in things at the club. My small shareholding gives a wee bit more of a say but even then it's insignificant.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I agree that people are aware of what companies stand for but what you're saying is that your ticket money entitles you to say where that money should go, which isn't the case - it entitles you to attend a football match.

You obviously have a choice of whether or not you want to buy another ticket, that's fair enough, but Hibs will be confident that they can support this at the same time as improving the men's side otherwise we wouldn't be doing it.

I'm not sure how far you think your season ticket money goes, I reckon mine will cover a few days of a first team players' wage. I don't really think that gives me much say in things at the club. My small shareholding gives a wee bit more of a say but even then it's insignificant.
    The way some people are adamant people shouldn’t be discussing where their money goes I can only presume they’ve never given their thoughts on a new signing, the training centre, the east stand etc.

It’s not our place to say what the club spend the money on after all.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The way some people are adamant people shouldn’t be discussing where their money goes I can only presume they’ve never given their thoughts on a new signing, the training centre, the east stand etc.

It’s not our place to say what the club spend the money on after all.
    I'm not saying it shouldn't be discussed, just that the sense of entitlement that some people are getting from their £450-odd spend isn't really in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm not saying it shouldn't be discussed, just that the sense of entitlement that some people are getting from their £450-odd spend isn't really in perspective.
    Apologies Matty, I didn’t mean you. Some other posters are adamant that it’s not our place to question what Hibs do with the money we give them - it’s nothing to do with us. I don’t expect them to have opinions on alot of things Hibs do in that case, whether that’s new signings, stadium improvements, HTC improvements etc.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Apologies Matty, I didn’t mean you. Some other posters are adamant that it’s not our place to question what Hibs do with the money we give them - it’s nothing to do with us. I don’t expect them to have opinions on alot of things Hibs do in that case, whether that’s new signings, stadium improvements, HTC improvements etc.
    👍

Just reading online about student players not being allowed to play in SWPL 1 due to 2 clubs going professional.

The SWPl even replied to a twitter account saying..

Hi....it’s due to updated legislation provided by the Home Office. The @SWPL 1 can also no longer be considered truly amateur due to the involvement of professional players.

Sounds a bit of a mess and you wonder what VISAs the Old Firm players are on if they are getting paid ?