hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dylan Mcgeouch

@hibs.net private member

Dylan Mcgeouch

Just spoke to a die hard Aberdeen fan how did Dylan play on Wednesday night. The answer ‘Crap’. and taken off. Perhaps we did not lose out after all if ever we were even interested

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolute ****ing disgrace we didn't sign him 😉

Dylan isn’t suited to playing in that team and they won’t appreciate him.

Wasn’t a good move for him IMO.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just spoke to a die hard Aberdeen fan how did Dylan play on Wednesday night. The answer ‘Crap’. and taken off. Perhaps we did not lose out after all if ever we were even interested
    I think he made a bit of a mistake joining an industrial side that sees football as an after thought. He is still a good player though, and I’d have him back. However I did/do wonder how he would get on without McGinn beside him. Time will tell.

Blog Entries
    It would appear that his style of play doesn’t fit in with theirs.

Like others I never thought that Aberdeens style of play would suit Dylan. Cant see them getting the best out of him with their anti football style.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I think he made a bit of a mistake joining an industrial side that sees football as an after thought. He is still a good player though, and I’d have him back. However I did/do wonder how he would get on without McGinn beside him. Time will tell.
    Apparently he's been fish since he signed. Aberdeen fans I know, not impressed lol.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Does Dylan's CV not show a bit of a track record of making poor career choices - Hibs apart - in terms of the clubs he has signed for? We are the only club where he has achieved the combination of sticking around for a significant period of time and managing a reasonable volume number of appearances.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Yet another club he's failed to impress at. The penny will drop one of these days.

😉

Blog Entries
    How long is his contract up north?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Yet another club he's failed to impress at. The penny will drop one of these days.

😉
    Scott Allan has also failed at many clubs. Sometimes a club and a player just click. I would have Dylan back in a second.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Dylan was a good fit for Hibs and we were a good fit for him. Don't blame him for chasing the coins. I would have him back, but in the meantime, I am not all that disappointed that Aberdeen pushed the boat out twice to get him and Ojo and both times it looks like they have been short-changed.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Dylan was a good fit for Hibs and we were a good fit for him. Don't blame him for chasing the coins. I would have him back, but in the meantime, I am not all that disappointed that Aberdeen pushed the boat out twice to get him and Ojo and both times it looks like they have been short-changed.
    There's nothing to suggest he'd come back and hit the heights he did when McGinn was beside him doing the legwork

I think if I played in midfield alongside SJM id look good ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    There's nothing to suggest he'd come back and hit the heights he did when McGinn was beside him doing the legwork
    With players like Docherty and Omeonga at the club I actually think he would fit in great. Not that it matters, he is an Aberdeen player now and we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    How long is his contract up north?
    2 and a half years

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    With players like Docherty and Omeonga at the club I actually think he would fit in great. Not that it matters, he is an Aberdeen player now and we move on.
    Given the choice, I'd rather keep Docherty.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Given the choice, I'd rather keep Docherty.
    Agree 100%. No idea how that lad is not getting in the Rangers team.

6 weeks ago he'd be pushing his way into the Hibs legends thread.

I doubt this thread will reach the post count his last one did. A few people calling it a disgrace and poor management that/if we weren't interested in him will no doubt blame it on Aberdeen's (who are comfortably above us in the league for a while now) style of play that he hasn't hit the ground running.

I don't think the small minority who dared to say they were quite comfortable with us swerving Dylan this time round will be rushing to change their minds.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I was at their game against St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago. They were awful, like watching us under Hecky. The fans were giving the team & manager dogs abuse and it was clear that they didn’t rate Dylan. To be fair, he was pretty anonymous, sitting in front of their defence and playing 5 yard passes all game.

I’m a big fan of Dylan but he needs a dynamic midfield around him.

He has a shelf life and a track record of injury which needs nanaged properly. The clock is ticking on his career and he followed the money to provide for his future. Much as I liked Dylan we need to move on. We didn't miss out on him he chose his future and his choices are his to make and live with.

I have a lot of Aberdeen fans, all of whom don’t rate him and think he is rubbish or “only plays 5 yard passes”.

In fairness Aberdeen fans are something else, Iv never seen a support chop and change their mind so often on players.

A month or so ago they all thought Ojo was rank yet now he is what’s been missing all season and their best player.

Mcgeouch was very good for us, but we were also very good for him and got him a call up. Some players are just suited to certain clubs, for me him and Aberdeen were never going to be a good fit.

Wish him all the best and all that.

Dylan is a money man. He makes his decisions based on cold hard cash, and those decisions aren’t often good ones.

He was a great player for us, probably best to leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Dylan is a money man. He makes his decisions based on cold hard cash, and those decisions aren’t often good ones.

He was a great player for us, probably best to leave it at that.
    Most football players base decisions on cold hard cash and so would I to be honest.

Hibs 2.5 k per week?
    Old firm 12k per week?

I'm walking along that M8.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 21-02-2020 at 04:41 PM.

I'd still take him at Hibs. Cracking player.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    One of my favorite players in recent years, i still think he's a great player and would have loved him to sign for us.

I caught a bit of their game against St Mirren the other week, and maybe it was the tv, but in my opinion Dylan looked as if he'd bulked up a bit, which made him look slower to me?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    It's a short career. You cant blame him for chasing money.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    File Dylan alongside Stokes, Cummings and Fyvie as Scottish Cup winning heroes that some fans seem to relish putting the boot into for having the audacity to leave the club.

He was good at Hibs most of the time when he wasn't injured, but virtually every other footballing choice he's made has fallen flat for one reason or another. The comparison with Scott Allen is a strange one, I'd be surprised if Allen has missed anything like as many games as McGeoch, but McGeoch was at Hibs longer. He probably should have stayed at Hibs, but he didn't so time to move on.

Great wee player

Who would fit right back into a team with Docherty as the main man in the middle.