hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SC is the only person in the Scottish media that I’ve heard asking the right question and that is what were rangers fans doing even hanging around and responding to the provocation?
    Which is exactly the question my old man asked when the bother started on the pitch.

Pitch invasions are part and parcel of joyous football occasions, none more so than ours, they dont need to turn into paggers.

As The Count says above, the Huns seem unable to accept that fact.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Which is exactly the question my old man asked when the bother started on the pitch.

Pitch invasions are part and parcel of joyous football occasions, none more so than ours, they dont need to turn into paggers.

We showed restraint when they invaded the pitch at ER after unexpectedly winning the league. Why wouldn't we.

I remember one of their guys got way carried away with himself, and ran up to the east giving it the GIRFUY. Who wouldn't in those circumstances?

It's their entire holier than thou attitude, backed up by the cringeworthy Chic Young, who was in full pants wetting mode that stuck in my craw. How could anyone come out with the statement they made on that night, without sounding like it was all sour grapes?

Apparently Hibs had not been in touch to apologise. Anybody that knows anything about football would realise that there would not be a single person at Easter Road that could hold a telephone the right way up, that night, let alone apologise.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I drove to the 2016 cup final, as my dad was unable to walk far. That meant I was completely sober for the match and we heard all the tear stained nonsense from Tam Cowan in the aftermath.

I have the utmost respect for Stuart Cosgrove telling Tam to pipe down, asking him exactly what they expected Hibs fans to do after all the hurt of 114 years?

Cosgrove questioned what the Huns were doing on the pitch at the time.......as any sensible person would, Cowan blamed it all on our fans.

I have zero time for Cowan after that, the bitter pseudo Jambo / Hun prick that he is.
    This has been done. Both Cosgrove and Cowan confirmed they'd played the contrary card as it was a BBC editorial position. It could just have easily been the other way about with SC arguing and TC defending the Cabbage. Both have admitted this and confirmed that us winning the cup was something appreciated as their own "wee clubs" had done the same. What is broadcast is not necessarily what the broadcaster believes

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This has been done. Both Cosgrove and Cowan confirmed they'd played the contrary card as it was a BBC editorial position. It could just have easily been the other way about with SC arguing and TC defending the Cabbage. Both have admitted this and confirmed that us winning the cup was something appreciated as their own "wee clubs" had done the same. What is broadcast is not necessarily what the broadcaster believes

You mean the presenters :) we all know what the broadcaster (BBC/editorial team believes )

In all seriousness I did not know that- thanks for sharing.

They shouldn't be the pitch is for the players these invasions spoil the good times for thousands. Stay in the stand and take a selfie FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post

I listened to that and don't believe they took opposing views due to BBC editorial rules. Off the ball are petty and I'll informed that is why they get away with a lot of their nonsense. I don't hold it against Tam but don't believe his excuse either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Reporting Scotland last night bemoaned the fact that the SFA would not provide anyone to comment on Henry McLeish's criticism that they had ignored his report

They had expected Malky MacKay, SFA performance director to comment. He didn't, but still gets a place on Sportscene, where he comments on the game.

They are all up to their necks in it. Glasgow is actually a very small town, at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Reporting Scotland last night bemoaned the fact that the SFA would not provide anyone to comment on Henry McLeish's criticism that they had ignored his report

They had expected Malky MacKay, SFA performance director to comment. He didn't, but still gets a place on Sportscene, where he comments on the game.

They are all up to their necks in it. Glasgow is actually a very small town, at the end of the day.
    Agree McKay should of been made to account for lack of progress or someone else should of
    Speaks volumes they think that’s acceptable
    But no one seems able to hold them to account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Michael Stewart for not giving them the apology they were desperate for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Well done Michael Stewart for not giving them the apology they were desperate for.

I imagine they'll have been waiting for viewer feedback on how dull Malky Mackay and Neil McCann were (very btw) before asking him back.

No apology but probably been made clear to him to stick to actual facts and not hearsay.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Were they after an apology?

I read that they just wanted an undertaking that MS would adhere to their broadcasting guidelines and that's what they've got.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned Ł2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Were they after an apology?

I read that they just wanted an undertaking that MS would adhere to their broadcasting guidelines and that's what they've got.
    Michael agreed pundits should be forthright and fair? Hardly a climb down by Stewart.

The people running the BBC are very selective with how and when they apply these guidelines of fairness and accuracy.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Welcome back Michael Stewart, the voice of reason, truth and straight-talking that Scottish Football lacks dreadfully.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Surprised he is prepared to go back after a public dressing down, but maybe it’s a good earner getting a few slots on Sportsound each week and the weekly Sportscene slot.

Tam Cowan was suspended for a similar length of time after his jokes aimed at women’s football, but he came back and it was soon forgotten about. Be interesting to see how they go about skirting round the next Hun statement with Michael Stewart when it arrives.

From his interview with Si Ferry, Mickey Stewart sound like he wants to be close to home. Not really surprised he's back working on BBC Scotland. Good wee earner on his doorstep. Delighted he's back. Only thing that makes it worth listening to or watching.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Michael agreed pundits should be forthright and fair? Hardly a climb down by Stewart.

I didn't say anything about a climb down.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned Ł2,389.68!

A prominent Rangers supporters' group has issued a strongly-worded statement in response to BBC Scotland's decision to reinstate Michael Stewart.

Club 1872 has claimed comments made by the pundit about Ibrox PR chief Jim Traynor "were, in our opinion, a factor in the physical assault on him" adding: "There is a pattern of behaviour with Michael Stewart on any Rangers-related topic and his motivation is abundantly clear to anyone who pays attention.

"Quite simply, Michael Stewart should have been sacked on the spot.

"The decision to reinstate Mr Stewart, and the attempted justification for that reinstatement, makes it clear that under its current leadership BBC Scotland has no intention of ever properly discharging its duty to a significant section of licence fee payers in Scotland.

The former Hearts and Hibs midfielder, who regularly appears as a pundit on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme and on the televised Sportscene, was suspended following comments he made about Traynor on February 3, with Sportsound host Kenny McIntyre reading out an apology during the following day's programming.

The BBC claimed it was discussing the issue with Stewart to ensure "editorial guidelines" were adhered to in future and a statement earlier this week read:
    "Following Sportsound on Monday February 3 we have clearly explained the BBC editorial guidelines around fairness and accuracy to Michael Stewart.

"We expect our pundits to be forthright, but fair. Michael agrees with this. On that basis Michael is now available for selection for Sportscene and Sportsound.

'Defies belief'

Rangers issued a statement last night to the Scottish Sun newspaper, slamming the lack of "remorse or apology", adding: "It is important to remember that [Michael Stewart] was dismissive of any racist behaviour towards Alfredo Morelos during the last Old Firm match.
    "That the BBC is now happy to allow this contributor a return to their platforms even though he has shown no remorse or offered an apology to Rangers, Alfredo Morelos, or James Traynor, who has been attacked online and also physically, defies belief.

"In light of this Rangers will not now resume discussions on resolving those issues with the BBC.

'Ongoing biased coverage'

And now Rangers fans' group Club 1872 has waded into the showdown, hitting out at Stewart's reinstatement and attacking BBC Scotland's "ongoing biased coverage" of the club.
    The statement continues: "Rangers supporters are correct to mistrust BBC Scotland and it is clear that the organisation is deeply flawed at an institutional level. There is no accountability, no integrity and no responsibility – from senior management all the way down to Mr Stewart’s level.

"In light of this Rangers will not now resume discussions on resolving those issues with the BBC."

Keep up the good work Michael.

Rangers - just **** off will you. Everyone hates you, so just bugger off back to the 17th century where you belong.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    A prominent Rangers supporters' group has issued a strongly-worded statement in response to BBC Scotland's decision to reinstate Michael Stewart.

Club 1872 has claimed comments made by the pundit about Ibrox PR chief Jim Traynor "were, in our opinion, a factor in the physical assault on him" adding: "There is a pattern of behaviour with Michael Stewart on any Rangers-related topic and his motivation is abundantly clear to anyone who pays attention.

"The decision to reinstate Mr Stewart, and the attempted justification for that reinstatement, makes it clear that under its current leadership BBC Scotland has no intention of ever properly discharging its duty to a significant section of licence fee payers in Scotland.

The former Hearts and Hibs midfielder, who regularly appears as a pundit on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme and on the televised Sportscene, was suspended following comments he made about Traynor on February 3, with Sportsound host Kenny McIntyre reading out an apology during the following day's programming.

The BBC claimed it was discussing the issue with Stewart to ensure "editorial guidelines" were adhered to in future and a statement earlier this week read:
    "Following Sportsound on Monday February 3 we have clearly explained the BBC editorial guidelines around fairness and accuracy to Michael Stewart.

"We expect our pundits to be forthright, but fair. Michael agrees with this. On that basis Michael is now available for selection for Sportscene and Sportsound.

'Defies belief'

Rangers issued a statement last night to the Scottish Sun newspaper, slamming the lack of "remorse or apology", adding: "It is important to remember that [Michael Stewart] was dismissive of any racist behaviour towards Alfredo Morelos during the last Old Firm match.
    "That the BBC is now happy to allow this contributor a return to their platforms even though he has shown no remorse or offered an apology to Rangers, Alfredo Morelos, or James Traynor, who has been attacked online and also physically, defies belief.

"In light of this Rangers will not now resume discussions on resolving those issues with the BBC.

And now Rangers fans' group Club 1872 has waded into the showdown, hitting out at Stewart's reinstatement and attacking BBC Scotland's "ongoing biased coverage" of the club.
    The statement continues: "Rangers supporters are correct to mistrust BBC Scotland and it is clear that the organisation is deeply flawed at an institutional level. There is no accountability, no integrity and no responsibility – from senior management all the way down to Mr Stewart’s level.

"In light of this Rangers will not now resume discussions on resolving those issues with the BBC."

Oh will you please just go away you paranoid, sanctimonious fuds.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Rangers - just **** off will you. Everyone hates you, so just bugger off back to the 17th century where you belong.
    Your statement is inaccurate Mr Farmer. You missed THE at beginning of sentence.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh will you please just go away you paranoid, sanctimonious fuds.
    You couldn't make these arrogant, yet thin skinned, people up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    You couldn't make these arrogant, yet thin skinned, people up.
    They genuinely think the place will fall apart without them, it really really won’t.

“Oh no, they’ve withdrawn from discussions with the BBC about shoehorning more coverage of the old firm on to the airwaves”, what a ****ing shame.

In the real world, the BBC do everything they can to appease rangers like some sort of jilted lover, so they can piss of as well.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I know he’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but this is pretty good.

Left by mutual consent!
    They genuinely think the place will fall apart without them, it really really won’t.

“Oh no, they’ve withdrawn from discussions with the BBC about shoehorning more coverage of the old firm on to the airwaves”, what a ****ing shame.

In the real world, the BBC do everything they can to appease rangers like some sort of jilted lover, so they can piss of as well.
    I heard a good word for this on the radio this morning - fandamentalism. They were talking about Man City fans not accepting their club had done anything wrong, but said it applies to fans of most clubs.

Come to think of it, it doesn't go far enough for the Bears. They are in a league of their own and would probably see being described as fandamentalists as a compliment.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    How is the assault on Traynor thing progressing. Any eye witnesses come forward? Anything from the police?

If there has, then I've missed it.

Now Traynor would never have made the whole thing up, would he?

Nobody at Sevco wanting to issue a strong statement about the made up racism comments on Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post

'Defies belief'

Is that not the same group of lunatics who wanted Lennon reported to the police a couple of years ago for cupping his ears at Ibrox?