hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The last i saw it was 55% in Scotland compared to 95% in Wales and 75% in N. Ireland

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...creen-experts/

The way they calculate it is also disingenuous as well, for instance Question Time is counted as BBC Scotland spend regardless of where it is broadcast from.
    IIRC, the target is 80% next year. It was something like 69% in 2018. Even at 55%, it's not a 'small fraction' as was claimed.

I don't know the ins and out of Question Time but presumably it's made by a production company based in Scotland.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Michael Stewart constantly spoke over the top of people on Sportsound. He comes across as very arrogant, as if only his opinion counts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Michael Stewart constantly spoke over the top of people on Sportsound. He comes across as very arrogant, as if only his opinion counts.
    Not necessarily a bad thing, Hansen was much the same on MOTD. It seems to me though that Michael is not too good at admitting mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    IIRC, the target is 80% next year. It was something like 69% in 2018. Even at 55%, it's not a 'small fraction' as was claimed.

I don't know the ins and out of Question Time but presumably it's made by a production company based in Scotland.
    I remember reading an article about a BBC production that was made in Wales. The content was a drama set in England and all the staff and crew were English or Welsh but because the director was born in Scotland but had not lived here since childhood, the BBC counted as a Scottish production. They got their knuckles wrapped for that one I believe but it shows the lengths they will go to to make out Scotland is getting its fair share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I remember reading an article about a BBC production that was made in Wales. The content was a drama set in England and all the staff and crew were English or Welsh but because the director was born in Scotland but had not lived here since childhood, the BBC counted as a Scottish production. They got their knuckles wrapped for that one I believe but it shows the lengths they will go to to make out Scotland is getting its fair share.

Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Meanwhile they're happy to employ Malky Mackay on Sunday night.
    Or Billy Dodds who shamelessly admitted live on air to singing sectarian songs in the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    That makes it all sound a bit Bill Grundy. Dirty ****ing rotter.
    That kicked off because he propositioned Siouxsie Soux. Brilliant TV. We just need Traynor to proposition Queen Anne 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Or Billy Dodds who shamelessly admitted live on air to singing sectarian songs in the 80s
    I'm going to admit it here, and I even did it in the 70s. I am neither ashamed or unashamed.

That kicked off because he propositioned Siouxsie Soux. Brilliant TV. We just need Traynor to proposition Queen Anne ��

I'd love to call him a dirty old pervert, I really would.

Got a link?
    Nope it was ages ago and it’s really difficult to search for anything with BBC in the search because it just throws up millions of links to BBC articles. It def wasn’t a BBC article I read it in.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Michael Stewart said something defamatory on air, and the BBC's lawyers accepted an apology was required. Until Michael demonstrates that he knows where the legal boundaries are, it won't be possible to have him back on the show.

Whether or not Traynor is a toley, or Derek Ferguson made a fool of himself is neither here nor there. Michael got it wrong, until he shows he won't do it again the BBC are not going to risk being taken to court.
    Just out of curiosity, what does MS need to do to demonstrate that he knows where the legal boundaries are?

Been on air with a rival broadcaster since and kept up his social media output without slandering/ libelling anyone.

I have a lot of time for BBC Scotland and it is my default listening in the car/ house. The one thing that they have struggled with in the last decade is sports journalism/ punditry. Match coverage is normally good but give them a discussion around rules of the game/ how clubs are run and they show how little they research anything. Look at tonight, trying to discuss the ICT farce and Willie Miller asks about how the process works. Nobody had an answer but I am sure they all have contact in the SFA but don’t ask. MS at least seemed to take an interest in checking things out before turning up ( per my previous post, he was wrong in what he said, just seems to be getting strung out by someone at the BBC)

@hibs.net private member
    That’ll be the same Billy Dodds that said he hadn’t received an EBT when asked the question directly.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what does MS need to do to demonstrate that he knows where the legal boundaries are?

Been on air with a rival broadcaster since and kept up his social media output without slandering/ libelling anyone.

I have a lot of time for BBC Scotland and it is my default listening in the car/ house. The one thing that they have struggled with in the last decade is sports journalism/ punditry. Match coverage is normally good but give them a discussion around rules of the game/ how clubs are run and they show how little they research anything. Look at tonight, trying to discuss the ICT farce and Willie Miller asks about how the process works. Nobody had an answer but I am sure they all have contact in the SFA but don’t ask. MS at least seemed to take an interest in checking things out before turning up ( per my previous post, he was wrong in what he said, just seems to be getting strung out by someone at the BBC)

If can only imagine the marked change in editorial stance over the years - blatant repeated focus on controversy, noising up fans (continued stance on Doige for example) has been with a view to the end of the license fee focus on “engagement “ listeners / viewed as they move to a commercial model.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

I agree that Stewart is good, but he made a monkey of himself on this one.

If he has held his hands up and explains that he won't call people crooks on air again he might have a chance of getting back

It was such a naive and arrogant outburst that he left Jabba with no option but to ask for an apology.
    Last edited by Cataplana; 20-02-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Nope it was ages ago and it’s really difficult to search for anything with BBC in the search because it just throws up millions of links to BBC articles. It def wasn’t a BBC article I read it in.

Fair enough. I not sure I believe the story tbh. Either way, my objection was to you claiming that a majority is equal to a small fraction.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Everyone speaks over everyone else on Sportsound. Stewart’s opinion is usually the only one worth listening to.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Fair enough. I not sure I believe the story tbh. Either way, my objection was to you claiming that a majority is equal to a small fraction.
    Not the same case, but heres one where indoor bowling in Norfolk counted as Scottish spend.

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/nat...sh-programmes/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not the same case, but heres one where indoor bowling in Norfolk counted as Scottish spend.

Thanks for that. Seems a bit off but if a Scottish production company made it then I suppose it must fit the guidelines.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Thanks for that. Seems a bit off but if a Scottish production company made it then I suppose it must fit the guidelines.
    I think the issue appears to be that they aren’t really. It’s just shell companies being set up and registered to a Scottish address to meet the requirements whilst the bulk of the work is undertaken elsewhere.

I’m not one of those who think the BBC are anti-Scotland (and I’m definitely no nationalist) but it does seem wrong that they are allowed to do this to meet their Scottish quota.

Left by mutual consent!
    Chic Young is an utter tosspot - listening to the sportsound cup final broadcast again, every time he interviews anyone he's trying to get the players/stubbsy to say the fans spoiled it, asked if it makes up for promotion and went on to ask stokes about a message to the new celtic manager. He sounds like he absolutely despises us, pure bitterness gritting through his teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uZA1ZYnHa8

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Chic Young is an utter tosspot - listening to the sportsound cup final broadcast again, every time he interviews anyone he's trying to get the players/stubbsy to say the fans spoiled it, asked if it makes up for promotion and went on to ask stokes about a message to the new celtic manager. He sounds like he absolutely despises us, pure bitterness gritting through his teeth.

Brilliant isn't it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Young was just bitter that his team lost.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This is the report that kicked it off:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33665555
    First time I've read the actual article. Most of it is just quoting the police and their statement. Presume Rangers claim McLaughlin fabricated the whole thing. Unbelievable.

That’s a good example of the fudging of the figures that is happening. They are def not acting in good faith when this sort of nonsense is happening.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    That’s a good example of the fudging of the figures that is happening. They are def not acting in good faith when this sort of nonsense is happening.

They're definitely at it. The production companies are just brass platers.

Mikey stewart telling it how it is should be applauded.
    The institutions in scottish football is what holds it back from progress and bbc sportsound along with people like traynor hold it back,not move it forward,constantly harking for a west of scotland dominance.
    No changes of a positive nature come from those in charge at the sfa either so they are culpable too.get mikey stewart in at the sfa never mind punditry!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Brilliant isn't it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Well and truly 😁 off the ball is even better with Cosgrove telling like it is.

Best part of the whole thing is the commentator going “theres even a beach ball on the pitch 😂😂😂😂😂😂”. Aye scrap everything else mate ****in beach ball. Chic young reminding people how much he was there At Wembley when the bar was swung on but it’s a national disgrace because the huns lost. Beach ball, cracks me up every time. Best game ever last win winner pitch invasions horses fighting “there’s even a beach ball on the pitch” 😂😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Well and truly 😁 off the ball is even better with Cosgrove telling like it is.
    I drove to the 2016 cup final, as my dad was unable to walk far. That meant I was completely sober for the match and we heard all the tear stained nonsense from Tam Cowan in the aftermath.

I have the utmost respect for Stuart Cosgrove telling Tam to pipe down, asking him exactly what they expected Hibs fans to do after all the hurt of 114 years?

Cosgrove questioned what the Huns were doing on the pitch at the time.......as any sensible person would, Cowan blamed it all on our fans.

I have zero time for Cowan after that, the bitter pseudo Jambo / Hun prick that he is.

Gary Lineker gets more in wages than the whole of Scottish football gets for coverage by the BBC.
    Bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I drove to the 2016 cup final, as my dad was unable to walk far. That meant I was completely sober for the match and we heard all the tear stained nonsense from Tam Cowan in the aftermath.

I have the utmost respect for Stuart Cosgrove telling Tam to pipe down, asking him exactly what they expected Hibs fans to do after all the hurt of 114 years?

Cosgrove questioned what the Huns were doing on the pitch at the time.......as any sensible person would, Cowan blamed it all on our fans.

I have zero time for Cowan after that, the bitter pseudo Jambo / Hun prick that he is.
    There is one common denominator in all major football violence involving scottish clubs and it aint Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

SC is the only person in the Scottish media that I’ve heard asking the right question and that is what were rangers fans doing even hanging around and responding to the provocation?
    Last edited by Jones28; 21-02-2020 at 08:00 AM.