hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: JOELLE MURRAY FIRST TO AGREE PART-TIME PRO CONTRACT WITH HIBERNIAN WOM

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Another bit of positive news in the run up to the AGM

Coaching Staff
    I’d like to know how it’s to be funded.

If it’s from fans of the ladies team then fair enough. If it’s from club funds then not so much.

Most professional sports start with a fan base to support the costs.

Pleased for Joelle Murray.
    Joelle has put vast time and effort into a successful Hibs ladies team over many years and it is good to see the club at last giving something back to her even if it's not a lot.

Before the grumps start consider this, Hibs wont attract many more men to come to watch football but there is a massive untapped market of women if the game can capture their interest and get young girls and women playing the sport, even at the most rudimentary level most of us men played at, which is how the interest starts. So supporting the ladies team is every bit as important to the future of the club as offering £50 season tickets to kids to get them hooked.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 21-02-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Great news! Delighted we're taking this positive step.

Hope this means we can maintain a position at the top of the game and be a very attractive option for some of the best female talent. Especially those breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joelle has put vast time and effort into a successful Hibs ladies team over many years and it is good to see the club at last giving something back to her even if it's not a lot.

Before the grumps start consider this, Hibs wont attract many more men to come to watch football but there is a massive untapped market of women if the game can capture their interest and get young girls and women playing the sport even at the most rudimentary level most of us men played at, which is how the interest starts. So supporting the ladies team is every bit as important to the future of the club as offering £50 season tickets to kids to get them hooked.
    Couldn't agree more.

Probably won't happen but it be nice if folk just refrain from commenting they don't want the club to do this as they have no interest in women's football.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

If it’s from fans of the ladies team then fair enough. If it’s from club funds then not so much.

That's the spirit 🙄

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post

Before the grumps start consider this, Hibs wont attract many more men to come to watch football but there is a massive untapped market of women if the game can capture their interest and get young girls and women playing the sport even at the most rudimentary level most of us men played at, which is how the interest starts. So supporting the ladies team is every bit as important to the future of the club as offering £50 season tickets to kids to get them hooked.
    I don’t really get this. They aren’t going to watch the current ladies team but having a precessional ladies team will encourage more to attend the men’s team?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Probably won't happen but it be nice if folk just refrain from commenting they don't want the club to do this as they have no interest in women's football.
    I think people who put money into the club have every right to comment.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

You’re a brave man asking that question Andy.

Agreed though, not sure how many people attend woman’s football matches but I wouldn’t have thought it would be enough to support even a semi professional side? The fact that we are more or less at the top already, it’s difficult for me to see what more the club could achieve to pay for this?

Aye. But 'I have no interest in it therefore I don't want it funded' isn't actually putting forward a meaningful argument.

Totally agree. Andy hits nail on the head and very interested to see the detail and logic.

Most. But not all. So you're completely correct.

As someone who contributes to the club, I'm more than happy for a portion of it to go to the womans team. Absolutely.

Furthermore, growth in the womans team can only help grow the club as a whole over time.

Coaching Staff
    Aye. But 'I have no interest in it therefore I don't want it funded' isn't actually putting forward a meaningful argument.
    Yes it is though. As someone who puts money in for reasons of supporting the men’s team I think the onus would be on someone else to explain the benefits of me funding something that actually very few people are supporting financially yet want to turn into a paid job.

If that’s what’s happening. If I’m not paying for it, it would be good to know who is.

First Team Breakthrough

I am also interested.

I think Joelle Murray is employed by the Hibernian Community Foundation already. I reckon it is likely that she has had playing for the team added to her job description with a small supplement added on for it. Maybe I'm just being cynical though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    You’re a brave man asking that question Andy.

Agreed though, not sure how many people attend woman’s football matches but I wouldn’t have thought it would be enough to support even a semi professional side? The fact that we are more or less at the top already, it’s difficult for me to see what more the club could achieve to pay for this?
    Long-term strategy. It's the belief this help the club grow and thw realisation that the women's game will continue to grow and we can be leaders or followers.

Ron Gordon and Leanne Dempster are proven to be successful, and skilled, business people. They obviously see the value in it.

He's not saying that though is he. Think he is saying the money he puts in shouldn't be used to fund it. If it is what he is saying then I agree with him. If its not, then I'm saying it. PC or not.

Me too. Would be a bit peeved if it's coming out funds that could be spent on the men's team.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    He's not saying that though is he. Think he is saying the money he puts in shouldn't be used to fund it. If it is what he is saying then I agree with him. If its not, then I'm saying it. PC or not.
    At no point did I say he was saying that. I was merely saying it'd be great if folk could comment with something meaningful as that adds nothing to the conversation.

You're paying your ticket money to watch the mens team. You get that for your ticket money.

Anything else you put into the club is for running "the club" however they see fit. If you don't like it don't put it in.

If you feel like it, ask LeAnn the question at the AGM.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    At no point did I say he was saying that. I was merely saying it'd be great if folk could comment with something meaningful as that adds nothing to the conversation.
    I’m afraid it’s the very crux of the conversation.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Funnily enough, when the Green initiative came out I was going to post that it sounded like the first in a drip-feed of initiatives in advance of the AGM. I thought there would be something around the women's team next and I'm actually a lot more interested than even a year ago, to the extent that I will probably end up contributing in some way to the team as an extra and not money I would have alternatively spent on the men's team. I'm very please and excited about the potential for the team and women's football in general, but was worried we were going to left behind.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    You're paying your ticket money to watch the mens team. You get that for your ticket money.

Anything else you put into the club is for running "the club" however they see fit. If you don't like it don't put it in.

If you feel like it, ask LeAnn the question at the AGM.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Okay, so season ticket holders, shareholders and customers should be thankful of getting entry to the game and should have no interest or say on how club funds are used?

It’s a little dangerous to say to people putting money in that they can stop doing that if there’s an objection to funding something that about 50 people currently watch.

Notice at the bottom of the article it’s £7 and £3 to get in. Do they normally charge?

I thought they just did a bucket collection but I might be imagining that.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Here is their board of directors, not sure if it helps understanding their skill set
    Couple of directors with Investment experience

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...52037/officers

Why is there an assumption she is being paid?

I signed a pro contract with EOS teams in my playing days and never got paid.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Long-term strategy. It's the belief this help the club grow and thw realisation that the women's game will continue to grow and we can be leaders or followers.

Ron Gordon and Leanne Dempster are proven to be successful, and skilled, business people. They obviously see the value in it.
    Of course there's value in it.

And people wonder why the club don't communicate 'good news'.

A positive story shot down on the 3rd post. With not even the grace to congratulate the woman, who I'm sure will feel very proud today.

Pathetic really.

No idea what your talking about. At no point did I say you said anything.

I’m afraid it’s the very crux of the conversation.
    Spot on.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    And people wonder why the club don't communicate 'good news'.

A positive story shot down on the 3rd post. With not even the grace to congratulate the woman, who I'm sure will feel very proud today.

Pathetic really.
    Sorry, but it is this type of post that does the whole thing a dis-service.

When the club needs all the advantage it can getting the team to at least achieve what we would all want it to achieve its is expected that funding is a topic worthy of discussion.

When HSL was launched there was a lot of challenge on admin costs against money going to the team. There is debate about infrastructure versus football spend. Quite natural that other types of spend are debated.

Saying only positive chat, whatever that might be, is welcome is not a frat way to behave.