hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I quite like the concept but I find ferry hard to take to. It's the "lads, lads, lads" nature of the interview. Everyone is a "top guy" or "what a guy". "Wis ye aye?"

That said he generally has a good interview structure and he gets some good stories. It is just really hard to take to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Garry O'Connors is the best one i've seen, would highly recommend if you've not already seen it. Lot's of good insight into his hibs days and the golden generation.
    "Insight" is maybe stretching it a bit when half of what he said is made up.

Was ok, was hoping to hear more about that day in May and what really happened with Murty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Was ok, was hoping to hear more about that day in May and what really happened with Murty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think there will be a book to sell revealing that.

Garry O'Connors is the best one i've seen, would highly recommend if you've not already seen it. Lot's of good insight into his hibs days and the golden generation.
    Only funny due to the fact he's completely thick as a brick. His vocabulary is atrocious.

Apparently this was filmed months ago and has been heavily cut and edited at Kennys request. Think I will give it a miss.

Interesting to hear another player enthuse about "Parky".

Am I making this up, or did he occasionally get a bit of criticism from the fanzines in the "pre Hibs.net" era? I know he was a guy who was mainly associated with Hearts prior to his time with us.

Having heard some of the best players to come through our youths over the past 30 years speak so highly of him, surely Donald Park must be acknowledged for the very significant contribution he made to our club?

We've built a stadium and training ground off the back of selling players for large sums of money, he should surely be due a fair bit of credit for his role in developing the players who were sold for the big bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Apparently this was filmed months ago and has been heavily cut and edited at Kennys request. Think I will give it a miss.
    Must've been a huge initial recording if it's been heavily cut? Final edit is nearly 2 hours long.

I guess people can get a bit precious watching these things.
    Perhaps not the best of Si's interviews, but still a decent watch.

so does he mention thee Scottish Cup Game

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Sorry but how is it weird that he’s calling his friends or people he has known for years by their nicknames?

Despite your age people will always use nicknames for mates if they have one.
    Cos he's being interviewed and not everyone is in on the dressing room names - many of them obscure. It might have helped with some of the anecdotes

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Simon Ferry is bloody awful. Can hardly understand a word he says. Better with someone like Michael Stewart doing this.

First Team Regular
    Ian Black interview is brilliant, I know he's one off them, but he doesn't hold back.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    I quite like the concept but I find ferry hard to take to. It's the "lads, lads, lads" nature of the interview. Everyone is a "top guy" or "what a guy". "Wis ye aye?"

That said he generally has a good interview structure and he gets some good stories. It is just really hard to take to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I like him but agree the questions usually revolve around, the banter, practical jokes, nights out and how were they with the young players. He lets the person talk which to me is the best type of interviewer as it isn't all about him.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Only funny due to the fact he's completely thick as a brick. His vocabulary is atrocious.
    I think folks need to embrace it a wee bit more for what it is Some of these guys brains are in their feet and won’t ever be in the stage with RADA.

Its a show by a guy (he came up with the idea and format afaik) who’s one of “them” speaking their language and offering a wee insight. Mibbie opens up a few doors that would have otherwise been left alone. Players seem quite relaxed maybe disarmed abit and more willing to explore stuff a bit more?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    Cos he's being interviewed and not everyone is in on the dressing room names - many of them obscure. It might have helped with some of the anecdotes
    Winker (Andy Watson) was brought up by Kenny and tbf Si asked him who that was. Everyone Hibs related will know Parky and is / was he not in the Scotland. Setup? Can’t remember others being mentioned tho
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkyBergkamp View Post
    Winker (Andy Watson) was brought up by Kenny and tbf Si asked him who that was. Everyone Hibs related will know Parky and is / was he not in the Scotland. Setup? Can’t remember others being mentioned tho
    Did he mention “the gaffer” much? I cringe when I hear folk using that - Miller does it all the time.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Simon Ferry is bloody awful. Can hardly understand a word he says. Better with someone like Michael Stewart doing this.
    Felt the same way but you get used to him

I tend to watch all the HIBS related interviews which are very good and available to watch on YouTube

GOC, Deeks and Gary Caldwell

As others have said he puts the ex-pros at their ease

Michael Stewart interview was excellent

Yeah! Yeah! What was he like? Good banter in the changing room?

Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    Ian Black interview is brilliant, I know he's one off them, but he doesn't hold back.
    Of the ones I’ve watched it’s the Hearts and Rangers players I’ve enjoyed the most. They’re players I’ve never had much interest in or stories I’ve ever heard before so it’s all new to me, which is interesting.

I’ve not seen Ian Black’s one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Did he mention “the gaffer” much? I cringe when I hear folk using that - Miller does it all the time.
    Yes - I think it’s seen as a sign of respect - only one person referred to as the gaffer (and I suppose with the merri-go-round) you’re not going to mess up on names :)

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Felt the same way but you get used to him

I tend to watch all the HIBS related interviews which are very good and available to watch on YouTube

GOC, Deeks and Gary Caldwell

As others have said he puts the ex-pros at their ease

Michael Stewart interview was excellent

Yeah! Yeah! What was he like? Good banter in the changing room?
    Michael Stewart one was superb. Great stories.

The Paul Hartley one is worth a watch too. Hearts were on £5k a man win bonus at one point for run of the mill SPL ganes

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I don't think he mentions 'the gaffer' at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The Paul Hartley one is worth a watch too. Hearts were on £5k a man win bonus at one point for run of the mill SPL ganes
    That was an excellent one.

Ferry's interviews are very good. He's not a polished journo nor does he need to be - gets more info out of players and ex-pros by speaking to them as a mate/ fellow footballer and that's what makes the show work.

He asks the questions that interest him as a player i.e. changing room insights, experience with different managers, nights out etc. A welcome contrast to the mundane template answers that most players usually give in TV interviews. Lots of Hibs/ Hearts content on all the other Open Goal shows as well and it's not an Old Firm love-in which would have been easy to do

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Ferry's interviews are very good. He's not a polished journo nor does he need to be - gets more info out of players and ex-pros by speaking to them as a mate/ fellow footballer and that's what makes the show work.

He asks the questions that interest him as a player i.e. changing room insights, experience with different managers, nights out etc. A welcome contrast to the mundane template answers that most players usually give in TV interviews. Lots of Hibs/ Hearts content on all the other Open Goal shows as well and it's not an Old Firm love-in which would have been easy to do
    I like him too. The guys he's interviewing are immediately at ease with him and nothing feels fake. Saw a different side to Michael Stewart for example. The real side.

Left by mutual consent!
    Si Ferry is brilliant.

Great insight into changing rooms etc.

The weekly open goal podcast with Slaney and Kevin Kyle are also brilliant.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    "Insight" is maybe stretching it a bit when half of what he said is made up.
    His word against yours, and seeing as he was actually there, I'll probably take his.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    In fairness you hardly watch a video on Garry O'Connor and expect him to start reciting Shakespear.

Thought he had lots of good stories, liked the ones about his time in Russia

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    His word against yours, and seeing as he was actually there, I'll probably take his.
    If you want to believe everything Garry said in that interview that's up to you.

While I'm on, one of my clients just died leaving £25434731456743865454584735445424778587534.31 in a client account and I need someone to help me get it out the country ...

In fairness you hardly watch a video on Garry O'Connor and expect him to start reciting Shakespear.

Thought he had lots of good stories, liked the ones about his time in Russia
    The one when he admitted driving about Russia pished and when got stopped by the polis gave them money to let him go was funny.