hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Hibernian v Livingston pre match chat

The team will be glad of the midweek break, after 9 games in 27 days, post winter break
    Livingston coming to ER will be another challenge, although their performances on grass haven’t been as good, as at home on astro.
    A win puts us 2 points above Livi, and on our way to securing a top 6 place

Can’t see too many changes in the squad, dependent on Newall being fit or not
    Hallberg, Janes,?Gray and McGregor all got 90 mins for the reserves this week, so have topped up their fitness. Also must have been a while since Gray played 90 mins, which is great for us all

Hopefully get a big crowd in, we don’t get too many Saturday 3pm KO’s at ER
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 19-02-2020 at 09:30 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Hallberg not stripped at all at the weekend...seems to be sliding down the pecking order under Ross.

Big league game - we will have to be at it across the team to get a decent result ...lots still to play for

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hallberg not stripped at all at the weekend...seems to be sliding down the pecking order under Ross.

Big league game - we will have to be at it across the team to get a decent result ...lots still to play for
    He was ill, bigwheel

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was ill, bigwheel
    Ah. Cheers

First Team Breakthrough
    Taking my nephew to his first Hibs game on Saturday, I got him the strip for Christmas and slowly getting him interested(he's only 5 and his dads an Everton fan) so hopefully he gets the bug!

@hibs.net private member
    Not many tickets left today so it should be a big crowd for an important game!

Let’s kill them! 4-0

Left by mutual consent!
    Looking at our next three fixtures we will be favourites to win each one. To do so would mean we'd won six games in a row which, to the Hibs pessimist in me, seems unlikely. Might that mean we end up dropping a couple of points against Livi? Hopefully not. It would be another great game to win if we're going to keep chipping away at the teams above us. It will be tough I suspect, but optimism wins out here for me and I think we'll be too strong for them.

Very tough game potentially never particularly fancy playing them.

We are in good form, if we carry the defensive stability from Sunday into this one I am confident we will score the goals to do the job but i don’t expect it to be easy.

Looks like an excellent crowd for Saturday I agree it’s not very often now we get Saturday 3 o’clock kick offs with the team now playing consistently good football as well let’s get right behind them from the start as this will be another important game towards at least top six canny wait Ggtth

Really hope Newell is fit and good to play, he is key to playing this 352 formation. A lot better defensively than folk give him credit for.

Big, strong, pacey and very good on the ball.

Since Docherty's 1st full game we have filled our McGinn sized gap and moved up a gear.
    Accordingly expecting another win.
    We also carry a big threat from corners and free kicks since Newell took over those tasks. For that reason alone my fingers are crossed that he is fit enough to start. Very good player.
    McNulty could do his thing on Saturday as ring rust and match fitness must be all but addressed.
    All looking good.
    A shame we tossed 2 points away against St Mirren.