hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Right! Cut it out with these happy happy recollections and regular threads remembering that glorious day and subsequent celebrations. Spare a thought for people that missed the final because they booked a holiday over a year earlier. It was great watching on an iPhone on a cruise ship in Alaska but it was 8 in the morning and not another soul on the ship was interested. Asking on behalf of a friend you understand 😢

2. Log in to remove the advert

Winning the league would be a bigger achievement. Given the duopoly, now monopoly, that has existed in Scottish football for so long for a team to better that pair over an entire season would be impossible to rival in the Scottish context.

However even winning the league wouldn't top the absolute outpourint of emotion of May 2016. A last minute winner, against Rangers, scored by the captain, after losing one final and a play off a few days earlier. That moment and everything that followed was just amazing. That Saturday night I was totally drained and never really celebrated, I managed 2 pints before I went home and just crashed. The next few weeks and months I genuinely felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders; in the grand scheme of things football isn't that important but that day made me feel like I was walking on air and the feel good factor carried on and on and on.

For a short answer to the OP the answer is no. In my opinion nothing in football will ever top that day regardless of what we go on to do in the years to come.

I very much hope something does come along to top it.
    It'd have to be a big win over Hearts in the cup final. I can't see us winning the league in my lifetime.

No, and in all honesty I've struggled to muster as much enthusiasm about Scottish fitbaw since. It was such a high.

It was a day I never thought I'd see and I was only 49 at the time and nothing will come remotely close.

@hibs.net private member
    If we went unbeaten for a season or got taken over by the man City owners, then maybe.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You also have to bear in mind that I have lived in Edinburgh since 92 and started to watch Hibs in 1990 so it’s not just like it was a day trip from Liverpool to watch the final. Hibs have definitely grown on me 😁
    Whippersnapper!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Right! Cut it out with these happy happy recollections and regular threads remembering that glorious day and subsequent celebrations. Spare a thought for people that missed the final because they booked a holiday over a year earlier. It was great watching on an iPhone on a cruise ship in Alaska but it was 8 in the morning and not another soul on the ship was interested. Asking on behalf of a friend you understand 😢
    One .netter was in the back of a removal truck in Cleveland Ohio when SDG scored and was getting told to keep the noise down by his wife and son......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Gutted for anyone that wasn’t there. It would personally haunt me for the rest of my life. I always thought I would miss it too.

Doing a Leicester and winning the league would be pretty amazing. I get my people are saying nothing could top it but winning the league would surely be right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Doing a Leicester and winning the league would be pretty amazing. I get my people are saying nothing could top it but winning the league would surely be right up there.
    Difference between the two for me is if we were to win the league, we'd know we had a chance for weeks/months in advance. While it would be utterly amazing the pure outburst of emotion that resulted from Hendersons corner was just unbelievable.

Unless of course... we were needing a goal in the 90+2 minute of the last game of the season. Kinda like Aguero for City.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    One .netter was in the back of a removal truck in Cleveland Ohio when SDG scored and was getting told to keep the noise down by his wife and son......
    Empathy empathy 😕
    And then this shower lucky buggers keep going on about It without a thought for those that missed it. Thoughtless bunch of wonderful Hibbies that they are 🤗
    Last edited by CentreLine; 18-02-2020 at 05:39 AM.