hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Will anything ever top that win in 2016?

How about winning the Scottish Cup and Hearts getting relegated in the same season?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    That would be beautiful.

Nope.

We waited 114 years for 2016 so winning it after a four year gap won't have anything like the same impact.

And unlike Hearts we don't define ourselves by our local rivals. We judge Hibs by our standards and laugh at Hearts separately.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

No.

@hibs.net private member
    No but I'd love to be wrong

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No,nothing in football has ever made me feel like I did that day and I doubt anything ever will.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    For anything to top 2016 it’s going to have to be a couple of generations away.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No,nothing in football has ever made me feel like I did that day and I doubt anything ever will.
    Same here. I honestly think that was the pinnacle of watching football. We might get lucky and get something similar but I hugely doubt it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    No.

Even winning the league wouldn't come close.

Young Hibbies will feel differently, but that cup win meant everything to me. It won't be surpassed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Na. We could win the treble, we could even win the Champions League, but it wouldn’t be like that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not a chance. That weekend was the greatest weekend of my life and it will never be passed (son being born 13 days later made it the best 2 weeks there’s ever been).

Left by mutual consent!
    The only thing I could even see nearing it would be if we qualified for Europe, and then somehow won the whole thing (whilst not changing our club's identity, or spending stupid amounts of money).

Apart from that, no chance will anything ever come close to it. The best Hibs memory of my life was made on that day, and it will never be topped, I'm confident in saying that

Na. But winning it again and doubling it up with a Hearts relegation would be a pretty decent second.

@hibs.net private member
    No, 61 years old I'll never have a feeling like that again in my life.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Na. We could win the treble, we could even win the Champions League, but it wouldn’t be like that.
    The feeling when the ball hit the net and when the ref gave that foul against them is something that can’t ever be bettered ever. For all the bickering that goes on and snide comments on here we all shared that moment either at the game or afar. It was the day we never ever thought would happen and it was won in the best way there could ever be imaginable.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Na. But winning it again and doubling it up with a Hearts relegation would be a pretty decent second.
    It would be job done when it comes to supporting Hibernian tbh

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    For anything to top 2016 it’s going to have to be a couple of generations away.
    This

Nope.

It actually makes me quite sad to think and realise that at 31 years old, I've experienced the highest point in my football supporting life.

Nothing will top what happened that day. Nothing at all.

@hibs.net private member
    Nope.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Pinnacle reached one of the peaks of Hibstory. It could not have been scripted any better. Other teams would likely say that about some of their wins but we had it throughout the run.

I’ll never tire of this work of genius. It sums it up (time for hero’s dvd aside)

You’re welcome ;)

For the sheer weight of history and the famous team and players that tried and failed, for the numerous hopes of multiple generations that came and went without anything but disappointment. But. Jambos -this magical moment happened on your watch... the one think like death and taxes you came to count on. Everything changed in that moment.

Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 16-02-2020 at 10:46 PM.

No - no other football fans will ever have that feeling even if they win a cup.

What a story - what a day - what a game - what a time to be alive to be have been there ! You couldn’t script it. The replay - Conrad Logan..the semi..Stokes..the comeback..David Gray..the pitch invasion.

Champions League win or a Scottish League would be incredible but very unrealistic - Scottish Cup was possible it was just so hard for us to actually do - but when everything fell into place and all the stories along the way.

Best game ever aneed don’t forget we should have done the double that season!!
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 16-02-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Better to have lived and loved than to never have loved at all.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Pinnacle reached one of the peaks of Hibstory. It could not have been scripted any better. Other teams would likely say that about some of their wins but we had it throughout the run.

I’ll never tire of this work of genius. It sums it up (time for hero’s dvd aside)

You’re welcome ;)

For the sheer weight of history and the famous team and players that tried and failed, for the numerous hopes of multiple generations that came and went without anything but disappointment. But. Jambos -this magical moment happened on your watch... the one think like death and taxes you came to count on. Everything changed in that moment.

Fs tears again. Anthony Stokes deserves a statue and I’m no even kidding.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Nope.

It actually makes me quite sad to think and realise that at 31 years old, I've experienced the highest point in my football supporting life.

Nothing will top what happened that day. Nothing at all.
    I’m just grateful for an experience most people will never have in their lifetimes. That wasn’t even a once in a lifetime feeling that. I’ve said it before on here, my dad nearly died two or so weeks before and it was one of the toughest moments in my life, having a conversation with him on how he wanted me to look after my mum and find the right person to spend my life with if what was wrong turned out to be terminal. Thankfully it wasn’t and we still go to games.

It wasn’t and even thinking of those few hours of SDG’s goal, the lifting of the cup, SoL, getting the first train back to my parents straight after grabbing fish suppers and champagne heading up the road, hugging him at home and watching the highlights together that night - it’s not something I can say to people in person if they ask me what the win meant to me as it’s still enough to bring a tear to my eye.

From one of the darkest days in that hospital ward to the happiest in the space of two weeks and sharing it with 23,000 other Hibbys. I’ll always be grateful for that and don’t feel sad that it can’t be replicated, I just feel insanely lucky that it happened.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I’m just grateful for an experience most people will never have in their lifetimes. That wasn’t even a once in a lifetime feeling that. I’ve said it before on here, my dad nearly died two or so weeks before and it was one of the toughest moments in my life, having a conversation with him on how he wanted me to look after my mum and find the right person to spend my life with if what was wrong turned out to be terminal. Thankfully it wasn’t and we still go to games.

It wasn’t and even thinking of those few hours of SDG’s goal, the lifting of the cup, SoL, getting the first train back to my parents straight after grabbing fish suppers and champagne heading up the road, hugging him at home and watching the highlights together that night - it’s not something I can say to people in person if they ask me what the win meant to me as it’s still enough to bring a tear to my eye.

From one of the darkest days in that hospital ward to the happiest in the space of two weeks and sharing it with 23,000 other Hibbys. I’ll always be grateful for that and don’t feel sad that it can’t be replicated, I just feel insanely lucky that it happened.
    Thanks for sharing life has a funny way sometimes and thank god for that!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    No - no other football fans will ever have that feeling even if they win a cup.

What a story - what a day - what a game - what a time to be alive to be have been there ! You couldn’t script it. The replay - Conrad Logan..the semi..Stokes..the comeback..David Gray..the pitch invasion.

Champions League win or a Scottish League would be incredible but very unrealistic - Scottish Cup was possible it was just so hard for us to actually do - but when everything fell into place and all the stories along the way.

Best game ever aneed don’t forget we should have done the double that season!!
    as said. I never ever thought I would manage to see it . but, to be there and right next to my son, ( actually had a ticket for his older brother, that would not come up from Wales) was so so special. I cried when the final whistle went, and probably thousands like me did the same. that moment, that day, that oh so special memory will never be surpassed.

@hibs.net private member
    My wife gets annoyed when I rank that day as my number 1, over wedding day etc.

No competition

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Respect young man! the day that wont be forgotten, for you and your family.

Testimonial Due
    No after the 114 year wait, losing the LC cup final and missing out on promotion nothing can top it.

The way it was won too. Coming back from 2 nil down away at our biggest rivals. Then 2-1 down against the hated SEVCO. Equalising late on then the injury time winner. Nothing will ever beat it.

Not a chance ..... It took over a century to build up the mystique that cup held for us, if we were to win it again, or even by some miracle the league, the raw emotion generated that day could never be replicated.

That is not to say that I wouldn't get the same amount of joy from winning it again or winning the league .... It's just that it would be a different kind of joy, more along the lines of what any fan gets seeing their team win a trophy, which aint to be sniffed at.

As Hibs fans we are lucky ..... very very few fitba fans ever get to experience the emotion we did that day, no matter how many trophies they have seen their club win