hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack Ross.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon was the manager I’d always hoped for in terms of his fire and passion but we couldn’t relax because you never knew when his next hissy fit was due.

There’s no doubt that he saw Hibs as a bigger proposition than we see ourselves as and got angry when players, fans, board didn’t see it his way.

I thought JR would be a dull steady Eddie but he’s proving to be far more so far and I’m delighted.

Nah. He certainly doesn’t outpoint my ambition for our club.

I liked Lennon as our manager and it was a fun ride for most of his tenure, but he made plenty of mistakes too, and didn’t quite understand what it takes to get Hibs to the next level.

I just think he sees Scottish football through a Celtc prism.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Managing the squad superbly jack ross,very good game management and using the experience in the squad wisely.
    Formations good,nothing too rigid,still room for improvements in the squad,but it's ticking along really well for us under ross.
    Hope the players are happy at the moment because it's all looking positive from the stands.
    Big game again tuesday and if we are as up for it again can only imagine it will be a wee rendition oF SOL on tuesday under the lights.👍😀.

BRING IT ON!!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Lennon was the manager I’d always hoped for in terms of his fire and passion but we couldn’t relax because you never knew when his next hissy fit was due.

There’s no doubt that he saw Hibs as a bigger proposition than we see ourselves as and got angry when players, fans, board didn’t see it his way.
    Totally agree. I was gutted when Lennon left and thought we’d struggle to find anyone close to him.

Well I think we have him in Jack Ross. He just oozes class and confidence. A steely determination. In every interview he talks about where we should be and the type of football we should be playing. All massively positive.

Hell be here long term and with the increased resources we’re aiming to provide him it’s going to be a hugely exciting few seasons ahead.

Loving it

Left by mutual consent!
    I really, really, really am starting to like the guy a lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Totally agree. I was gutted when Lennon left and thought we’d struggle to find anyone close to him.

Well I think we have him in Jack Ross. He just oozes class and confidence. A steely determination. In every interview he talks about where we should be and the type of football we should be playing. All massively positive.

Hell be here long term and with the increased resources we’re aiming to provide him it’s going to be a hugely exciting few seasons ahead.

Loving it
    Yeah its exciting times to be a Hibee...especially with the struggles of our Pink Chums across the way.
    Really like Jack Ross, hes classy, understated and just oozes confidence. Seems such a good fit for Hibs and looks like he loves it here. It was great for 2 seasons under Lennon but he always gave off the impression we weren't good enough for him.
    Jack has us playing some exciting stuff going forward, if he can sort that leaky defence in the summer we will be in for another exciting season. As for this year, considering where we were when Hecky got the boot, it's looking like an exciting end to the season

Left by mutual consent!
    1 defeat in 11 games so far in 2020. He's a good manager.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Was delighted when we got him, and bar a couple of home draws, don’t think things could have gone any better, really.

Got a real shot at 3rd the way current form is in the league. But for losing leads and missed penalties, we might already be there. Which is amazing considering where we were.

Given the limited time he’s had, and there’s only been one transfer window, I couldn’t be more excited about where we could go.

Allies nicely with Big Ron’s ambitions too.

No coincidence that our upturn in form is when Jack Ross and Boyler entered and reentered the fray, wouldn't be at all surprised that Ron's new template for the club in terms of raising squad budget is aimed at these two as well as Docherty perhaps.
    Stay with Hibs and we'll double your wage is hopefully enough to keep Jack and Boyler while Docherty can see what we did for John McGinn longterm and he gets a good wage in the meantime.
    Good PR by the club as our growth as a club really does centre round our ability to keep our diamonds just that little bit longer to create a more constant squad than relying on loanees in the Jan window?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I told you bro

I told you about Jack Ross

I was desperate for him to get the job and thankfully he is proving why.

He really gets hibs and what the fans want to see. Yes we’ve lost some leads or conceded poor goals but he knows we’re at our best when we attack and that’s exactly what he’s set us out to do. He has found a formation to get all of our best players in and it’s working.

He comes across brilliantly too imo and I think he will really take us to the next level.

I’m really looking forward to his recruitment in the summer and think he will make some really shrewd signings that know the league or will come in and instantly do a job.

McNulty - Permanent
    Docherty - Permanent
    Omeonga - Permanent
    Kevin Nisbet
    McLaughlin - Contract ends with Sunderland in summer

Would be a good starting point 😅

Think we will see a couple leave

Slivka
    James
    Whittikar
    Hallberg?

What's the jack Ross s3x pest pish on the kickback match thread about? Don't ever recall seeing/hearing any of this before?

Jack Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    What's the jack Ross s3x pest pish on the kickback match thread about? Don't ever recall seeing/hearing any of this before?
    Sure he had a relationship or something with the hearts physio. Left under a cloud.

Grasping at straws I would suggest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Ross.

There were rumours he was friendly with the Hearts physio and thats why Levein sacked him.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Think I’ve missed the whole Ross / Hearts thing.

I don’t know what happened when he was there before and did they really interview and offer him the job this time around before he came to us?

Doing a fine job. Getting to a cup semi and competing for Europe would be unthinkable under Hecky. JR has turned our season around. Look forward to seeing what he can do in a whole season.

I give you Graham Rix.

Hearts fans on sickbag are total fannies. I have no idea why anyone gives them any airtime.

Pure and utter jealously. They're seek that they've ended up with Daniel Stendel and we got Jack.

Cheers gents. Didn't know that. Can't ever remember hearts having a kitty

Ross is doing great but i cant fathom what he's thinking putting 1st Slivka and now Whittaker ahead of Omeonga these last few weeks . Went to all that trouble to hijack his move then play an off form Slivka and an aging dithering Whittaker instead

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Ross is doing great but i cant fathom what he's thinking putting 1st Slivka and now Whittaker ahead of Omeonga these last few weeks . Went to all that trouble to hijack his move then play an off form Slivka and an aging dithering Whittaker instead
    Have we been winning? Isn't that hard to fathom when we are getting good results from his decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Doing a fine job. Getting to a cup semi and competing for Europe would be unthinkable under Hecky. JR has turned our season around. Look forward to seeing what he can do in a whole season.
    In fairness PH got us to a cup semi, it was our performance and setup in said semi that was part of his undoing

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There were rumours he was friendly with the Hearts physio and thats why Levein sacked him.

Craig has previous himself, pot n kettle

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    That ageing dithering Whittaker has played his part in some of our best performances since the winter break

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    That ageing dithering Whittaker has played his part in some of our best performances since the winter break
    Couple of shaky moments last night, one that nearly cost us, but that’s going to happen when he’s in and out every few weeks, takes time to get up to speed. Gets stronger and stronger as games go on and another two quality runs last night that deserved a better ending. An important squad player and one id like us to keep on next season. Won’t get much better for those games for his small wages, as well as experience into coaching.