hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Hibs kits

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get the Killie strips from this season. They look smart af.
    Why did Kilmarnock shift from Hoops to Stripes? I remember shafting them 8-1 in their Hoops in 1983

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    If we got Adidas (if Adidas got us), I wonder if they would do a retro 91-92 away top for next season??
    A green version of the current arsenal strip would be good

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    That's actually not bad and could look smart with the light green body and predominantly white sleeves but with the fade effect done with dark green (ie on the picture in the link the red bit of the sleeve being white and the white bit being dark green)

If we were getting an adidas kit I would love to see a hibs version of the style used for a lot of the MLS kits this season.......reminds me of the old green Liverpool away kit that I thought looked amazing back in the day.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/...-home-kit.html
    Great Adidas kit for a Hibs top IMO is the current Arsenal one:

Screenshot_20200219-203954_Google.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    A green version of the current arsenal strip would be good
    Oops never seen this before I posted

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

Meh. That's really uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

A green version of that would be our highest selling top ever. Great strip.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I hate these threads because some amazing mockups get posted before we're all disappointed by the final product.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

I like it - Simple and unfussy, like our best kits always have been. That would fly off the shelves.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Boring. Really really boring.

This years is nicer but the brand snobbishness around Macron means there’s a bias against it IMO

First Team Regular ChrissyG1875's Avatar

That is absolutely beautiful and would be one of our best ever strips imo however the difference of opinion over the last few posts show how hard it is to please everyone.

One man's simple is another man's boring. For me the first 2 seasons of Macron were horrible, far too much going on but if I remember correctly everyone loved the first ones and we sold a record amount.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    It's rumoured that Adidas are going to announce a mega deal with our imitators out west.
    Presumably there is a great deal of money to be made in green and grey hoops, or derivatives thereof.

That puts me off a bit, as I'd favoured Adidas before hearing this.

East Fife have launched an online poll letting supporters vote for what home strip they want out of 4 options: https://eftv.info/east-fife-strip-poll/

Do you think Hibs would ever do something similar? I remember we got to vote on a Emerald Green or Bottle Green a few seasons back.

Quote Originally Posted by PeckythePenguin View Post
    East Fife have launched an online poll letting supporters vote for what home strip they want out of 4 options: https://eftv.info/east-fife-strip-poll/

Do you think Hibs would ever do something similar? I remember we got to vote on a Emerald Green or Bottle Green a few seasons back.
    The only issue that I cam see with this is I've just managed to vote on the east Fife strip without being a supporter. I actually voted for the one I like but it seems open to interference from other clubs fans

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    The only issue that I cam see with this is I've just managed to vote on the east Fife strip without being a supporter. I actually voted for the one I like but it seems open to interference from other clubs fans
    I just voted for the worst one, feel bad but its a crackpot idea unless you can guarantee only fans of your club can vote

Boring. Really really boring.

This years is nicer but the brand snobbishness around Macron means there’s a bias against it IMO
    Agreed. I’ve got a few of our late 80s early 90s Adidas tops and they were fantastic. The new Adidas designs do nothing for me. They keep changing the placement of the iconic stripes. They should go all the way from collar to cuff imo. Instead we have the Arsenal look with the stripes cut short at the shoulder and others where the stripes are down the sides of the body from the armpit. And I like v-neck collars, but the current Arsenal one is poor.

Macron have been pretty innovative and have done us well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I just voted for the worst one, feel bad but its a crackpot idea unless you can guarantee only fans of your club can vote
    I think Hibs would be better placed than East Fife to do that, as happens when we vote for supporters' directors.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I did the same and it turns out that was the most popular one by far. Fashion is subjective and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Agreed. I’ve got a few of our late 80s early 90s Adidas tops and they were fantastic. The new Adidas designs do nothing for me. They keep changing the placement of the iconic stripes. They should go all the way from collar to cuff imo. Instead we have the Arsenal look with the stripes cut short at the shoulder and others where the stripes are down the sides of the body from the armpit. And I like v-neck collars, but the current Arsenal one is poor.

Macron have been pretty innovative and have done us well so far.
    There was actually a dispute a few years back between Adidas and other kit makers that’s led to the ‘shrunken’ stripes; it was successfully argued that the stripes are part of Adidas branding, and therefore it was unfair that they got far more branding space on kits than say, Nike or Macron do. Ever since we see shorter stripes that are just on the shoulders, sleeves or sides, rather than the old full arm efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    There was actually a dispute a few years back between Adidas and other kit makers that’s led to the ‘shrunken’ stripes; it was successfully argued that the stripes are part of Adidas branding, and therefore it was unfair that they got far more branding space on kits than say, Nike or Macron do. Ever since we see shorter stripes that are just on the shoulders, sleeves or sides, rather than the old full arm efforts.
    I always thought that adidas took the Michael a bit with full stripes, so Nike and the rest did do something about it after all.

First Team Regular ChrissyG1875's Avatar
    That's madness. Surely if Nike wanted to they could put ticks up the sleeves? Do hummel not have their arrows on the sleeves?

Never knew that so thanks for the explanation. However, how does that stack up with Hummel - as another poster mentions? Also, have Umbro not reintroduced their double diamond stripes into some of their new kits and do Kappa not still have their logo all the way down sleeves?

Edit - just had a look online and it does look like the other brands have shortened the area their logos occupy. Cheers.
    Last edited by tamig; 22-02-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Can I ask a probably dumb question?

Will there definitely be a new home strip for next season, with the Macron deal being up. Even if they stay with Macron assume there will be new home strip?

Daughter has the purple strip and weighing up getting the home one for her birthday, but not sure if worth it if it will be shortly out of date (and no doubt half price).

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Can I ask a probably dumb question?

Will there definitely be a new home strip for next season, with the Macron deal being up. Even if they stay with Macron assume there will be new home strip?

Daughter has the purple strip and weighing up getting the home one for her birthday, but not sure if worth it if it will be shortly out of date (and no doubt half price).
    I would put my mortgage, and your mortgage, and everyone else’s mortgage on there being a new kit next season, even if we do stay with Macron.

Just hold off until the tail end of the season and get her this seasons one and the third top for a fraction of the price.

I would put my mortgage, and your mortgage, and everyone else’s mortgage on there being a new kit next season, even if we do stay with Macron.

Just hold off until the tail end of the season and get her this seasons one and the third top for a fraction of the price.
    Cheers mate, used to be until recently that they would keep a strip for at least two years, but no longer. Might have to bite the bullet as her birthday is soon.

We got the white away strip for £15 last summer in the sale, really like that one.

Need to get her the 3rd strip next season, after all it will have her Dad’s name on it somewhere (probably in the armpit) 😀😏

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Cheers mate, used to be until recently that they would keep a strip for at least two years, but no longer. Might have to bite the bullet as her birthday is soon.

We got the white away strip for £15 last summer in the sale, really like that one.

Need to get her the 3rd strip next season, after all it will have her Dad’s name on it somewhere (probably in the armpit) 😀😏
    Not having a go but when was the last time we did? Was it the millennium derby/6-2 kit?

I sometimes pick one up for gym/5’s but it might have to be both this year, just cos they’re lovely!

Mines will be on it somewhere too, near the arse.

Not having a go but when was the last time we did? Was it the millennium derby/6-2 kit?

I sometimes pick one up for gym/5’s but it might have to be both this year, just cos they’re lovely!

Mines will be on it somewhere too, near the arse.
    Sure you are right, probably a long, long time since they’ve had the same kit two years in a row.

I haven’t paid all that much attention to kits as not something I’ve bought as an adult, and only started paying attention again now that my daughter is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyG1875 View Post
    That is absolutely beautiful and would be one of our best ever strips imo however the difference of opinion over the last few posts show how hard it is to please everyone.

One man's simple is another man's boring. For me the first 2 seasons of Macron were horrible, far too much going on but if I remember correctly everyone loved the first ones and we sold a record amount.

Agree mate there's no accounting for taste

I think if we ended up with an Adidas strip like that it would easily break all records.

2 change kits exactly the same design. One white with green sleeves, one black with green sleeves. Wonderful!

Kilmarnock & Hummel have joined forces. I'd be happy with that.

Quite keen on hummel. Very reto for me as a boy in the '80s, those classic hummel strips of that era are very fondly remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Quite keen on hummel. Very reto for me as a boy in the '80s, those classic hummel strips of that era are very fondly remembered.
    loved the Denmark one