hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Hibs kits

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibee Gallagher
    A little bit of googling and this kits appears to be Adidas' template design choice for next season according to this article; https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/...21-season.html

As I wouldn't imagine Hibs getting a unique design then that would potentially be either our home or away kit if we were to go with them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still waiting for the Dark Blue (Scottish international shade) away shirt.

Maybe next season.
    Get the Killie strips from this season. They look smart af.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Get the Killie strips from this season. They look smart af.
    F*** that - they're blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yeah, nah. Black and silver is nice and has worked on Hibs strips before, just go with that.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Dark Blue (Scottish international shade) away shirt.

Maybe next season.
    Green sleeves and details.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    For an away top? We used to have dark blue training wear that looked great.

https://www.worldcupshirt.store/foot...ial-jersey.jpg

Always thought this would look class with a white chest and green body. A nice change to just white sleeves

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Kappa would be great.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quite happy with Macron they have went outside the box a couple of times which has been good!

I think the main thing that needs addressed next season is to make sure we have sufficient goalie kits - it frustrates me every time i see Marciano in the purple away kit

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    With an all silver hibs badge

That would be smart
    That was one of the best Scotland shirts ever made. Adidas really hit it out the park and the last one was good too.
    Shame the current one is such a disaster and very unpopular with the TA.

I wouldn't be averse to a dark ink blue away top like that Scotland kit.
    We now have 3 kits every year, Green, light and dark so we can change it about as much as we want.

If we got Adidas (if Adidas got us), I wonder if they would do a retro 91-92 away top for next season??

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    With an all silver hibs badge

That would be smart

Maybe if I offer to sponsor the shirts next season, they might just give me that

😌

Hopefully whoever gets the deal does the 3rd kit with the fans names on it justice.

The Hearts FOH kit was awful so hopefully we do a better job.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hopefully whoever gets the deal does the 3rd kit with the fans names on it justice.

Forgot about that. First top I'll have bought in over a decade

@hibs.net private member
    I think the 3rd Kit will likely be similar to the Hearts one... which IMO wasn't that bad.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Threads like this give our partners in life all the ammunition they need to ridicule our passion for all things Hibs. Some big games, great goals and exciting players - yes they’ll get that, but middle aged men starting to think about next seasons strips in February..?

Looking forward to the mock-ups already (which invariably are always far better than the end product)

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    My favourite discussion! My take on what I’ve seen so far is...

Adidas should be No1 target, best kit designs out there in the world right now (template or other) and we’ve seen what they can do with green and white before, really it’s a no brainier and I will guarantee whatever should be produced would be the fastest selling kit we’ve launched in a seriously long time.

Failing that I’d like to see Umbro, always liked the way the do kits and again good track record with us previously, looking over the city they haven’t exactly done a bad jobs with the gunts these past few seasons excusing that effin colour of course.

Otherwise I’m open to New Balance as a couple have mentioned and perhaps even going back to Nike who next season are dropping their template design system giving clubs a much bigger say on how they should like their kits to look. Personally always liked what they gave us anyway except that obvious championship top we won’t discus and surely would be an interesting prospect to see what more we could do with them given their new process?

Big naws would be Luke (absolutely naw btw) macron again which sadly I fear will be the case and lastly this chat of under armour? Who have an absolutely stinking record when it comes to fitbaw tops. Can the UA enthusiasts on here please point out why they think suddenly they’d be such an exciting partner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good build quality and more hits than misses in terms of design imo - some very nice designs in recent years for Spurs (the sash kit and the one with the double piped trimmings spring to mind, likewise a navy/gold away kit that was rather nice), Aston Villa, St Pauli, Fluminense and São Paolo; also the inverted Ajax-style effort for Southampton the other year which I was a fan of (albeit admittedly the weird black shoulder-block thing they have this season is a bit of a disaster). When they keep it simple they're hard to beat imho

Anyway I think they'd do a good job and with them you could expect build quality every bit as good as Macron and in all likelihood better than Nike or Adidas - not that the latter are shoddy these days by any means but I feel most folk who've compared kit between manufacturers will agree Under Armour are usually second to none
    Last edited by Perd Hapley; 19-02-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Threads like this give our partners in life all the ammunition they need to ridicule our passion for all things Hibs. Some big games, great goals and exciting players - yes they’ll get that, but middle aged men starting to think about next seasons strips in February..?

Looking forward to the mock-ups already (which invariably are always far better than the end product)

Come on, some of us don't get much fun in life.

Don't spoil it

😋

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Ryan View Post
    A little bit of googling and this kits appears to be Adidas' template design choice for next season according to this article; https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/...21-season.html

As I wouldn't imagine Hibs getting a unique design then that would potentially be either our home or away kit if we were to go with them.
    Thats really horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I remember seeing it in the flesh once, it was absolutely god awful.

Did they ever wear it in a match?

@hibs.net private member
    I remember seeing it in the flesh once, it was absolutely god awful.

Did they ever wear it in a match?
    Out of interest, what was so bad about it?

There's not a lot you can do if you want the strip to incorporate thousands of names... I think they did a good job of having the naems, making them legiible and keeping the kit on brand (grey away/3rd strips are not unusual for hearts).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post

There's not a lot you can do if you want the strip to incorporate thousands of names... I think they did a good job of having the naems, making them legiible and keeping the kit on brand (grey away/3rd strips are not unusual for hearts).
    It looked like the boy had wrapped himself in newspaper.

@hibs.net private member
    It looked like the boy had wrapped himself in newspaper.
    What would be your suggestion to display the names?

The dark grey text on a light grey shirt makes the kit look overall a mid grey from distance... remember that the kit needs to be used in games as well as appease thousands of fans.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perd Hapley;Good build quality and more hits than misses in terms of design imo - some very nice designs in recent years for Spurs (the sash kit and the one with the double piped trimmings spring to mind, likewise a navy/gold away kit that was rather nice), Aston Villa, St Pauli, Fluminense and São Paolo; also the inverted Ajax-style effort for Southampton the other year which I was a fan of (albeit admittedly the weird black shoulder-block thing they have this season is a bit of a disaster). When they keep it simple they're hard to beat imho

Anyway I think they'd do a good job and with them you could expect [B
    build quality[/B] every bit as good as Macron and in all likelihood better than Nike or Adidas - not that the latter are shoddy these days by any means but I feel most folk who've compared kit between manufacturers will agree Under Armour are usually second to none
    It's a football top, not a Lexus RX MkIII
    Last edited by LaMotta; 19-02-2020 at 10:56 AM.

It was the colour that was awful. It looked like a soggy newspaper.

I remember Man Utd having a blue and white strip with the names of club legends on it in the 90s so I assume there are no colour restrictions. Even a brighter silver with the names in a different shade would have looked better than what they ended up with. Personally I hope Hibs go with something green rather than trying to be clever and ending up with something drab.

The man Utd kit is here which highlights what I mean about having the names in different shades to the base colour:

https://www.adverts.ie/memorabilia/m...na-ls/15428321
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hibee-7 View Post
    Macron use my work for some financial services. I was over in Italy in the summer when I saw the third kit on display before it was released back here.

From the macron rep I spoke too, there is a boy who basically buys the rights to selling Hibs merchandise from the shop and online and Hibs get a cut. He’s basically got a working relationship with a number of kit suppliers. He has macron, Adidas, Puma all on his books and from that he sits down with them and discusses the kits and order numbers etc. From what I’m told, it will be Macron for next season as well. We are unlikely to get Adidas because apparently with them you need to order a bulk number from the get go and you cannot go back to either reduce or increase numbers. Macron allow orders constantly. Big financial risk for him to try and get Adidas if it’s a flop. All this from a macron orientated position mind you.

I would like personally new balance or under armour.
    Very interesting. Would explain why Aberdeen's kits (which aren't templates as people are saying) are available in their club shop at the end of the season for peanuts. They've had to commit to the numbers at the start of the season so likely over produced and have to clear the stock.
    Also with people asking for the old style trefoil badge from Adidas it can't be. Adidas Originals (trefoil) cannot be technical product it can only be lifestyle products. If it's technical product it has to have the performance badge.
    Nike have done the opposite this season though by putting the Nike Sportswear (lifestyle products) logo (called futura) on some of their technical products.

To be honest replica kits are for kids or the terminally immature. The sight of middle aged to early elderly males trying to pull off the denims and footie top look, especially where beer bellies/pie vaults are a factor, is quite cringy.

That said it represents a useful revenue stream😉⚽️😁

What would be your suggestion to display the names?

The dark grey text on a light grey shirt makes the kit look overall a mid grey from distance... remember that the kit needs to be used in games as well as appease thousands of fans.
    White on darkish green. Easy.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Ryan View Post

That's actually not bad and could look smart with the light green body and predominantly white sleeves but with the fade effect done with dark green (ie on the picture in the link the red bit of the sleeve being white and the white bit being dark green)

If we were getting an adidas kit I would love to see a hibs version of the style used for a lot of the MLS kits this season.......reminds me of the old green Liverpool away kit that I thought looked amazing back in the day.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/01/seattle-sounders-2020-home-kit.html

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Would think it's definitely going to be Macron again, given HSL are putting a third strip our with members' names on it. I think that would already have been agreed with the manufacturer.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net