hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be at the match dressed as a camel or an oil rig or something.
    😂😂👍🏻

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wonder if Uefa will look at Sevco’s finances next. The losses Over the last three years exceed the £25m that is supposed to trigger an investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be docked points next season too.

Coaching Staff
    The problem is I suppose that big money & sport don't mix, the money ends up corrupting the sport. It's not confined to football, you have Sarasens rugby union club cheating their way to national & European success. The Nike situation in athletics and so forth, how do you solve it, I haven't a clue.

Left by mutual consent!
    Are Hearts still on that self imposed CL ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Wait a minute. Did the Hertz not win it a couple of years back?
    I remember Vlad telling the world it was only a matter of time, and they'd never be beaten by the Old Firm 5-0 again......Oh wait a minute that must have seen the Scooby Doo ending, what was the score mid-week??

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    2 CL bans now

May as well let these clubs spend what they want, if you’re going to allow shady billionaires (and they all are, to one extent or the other) to takeover clubs, why balk at them spending?

Doesn’t really feel like FFP exists for the small clubs either, it feels like a safety net for the ‘old money’ clubs to defend against the rise of free spending owners elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member
    Lol.... YNWA

Left by mutual consent!
    Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    May as well let these clubs spend what they want, if you’re going to allow shady billionaires (and they all are, to one extent or the other) to takeover clubs, why balk at them spending?

Doesn’t really feel like FFP exists for the small clubs either, it feels like a safety net for the ‘old money’ clubs to defend against the rise of free spending owners elsewhere.
    Or let those clubs operate out with FIFA and the can Harlem Globetrotter themselves in a big cycle jerk.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member

I do kinda agree with you on this. Its basically just shutting up shop. FFP rules haven't done anything to stop the dominance of big clubs - Real Madrid won 3 Champions Leagues in a row!

There were so many other ways to address the issues UEFA highlighted. This seems to be just a convenient way to stop anyone breaking the dominance of the footballing elite.

Similar to what hearts are doing.

@hibs.net private member
    May be wrong here and if I am, I’m more than happy to be corrected but.........

When will the SFA bring in FFP rules into the Scottish game. Rangers liquidated ( and still spending beyond their means ) Dundee, Hearts ( still spending beyond their means ) and Dunfermline ( twice I think ) all into administration and nothing done about it. Well that’s not exactly true we did have the rule into place that says you lost your licence and needed 4 years of audits to start in the lower division. However Sevco were allowed in with no accounts and then we had the 5 way agreement to allow Sevco to do what they want.

i really don’t mind getting beat by a team that plays better than us ( as long as I can see Hibs trying ) but what’s the point in having sportsmanship when it’s been taking away and only brought in so that it’s a token gesture?

GGTTH

It's all very well posters saying plastic club/they deserve it/disgusting club, etc etc.
    If we had said owners and the success with it, no Hibs fan would bat an eyelid.

Someone is now going to say they'd be disgusted and boycott the club 😁

FFP rules are very sensible. Don't spend more than you earn. If they were enforced Bury Bolton etc wouldn't have happened. So yes, FFP is for the benefit of small clubs too.

But the shadow of PSG hangs all over this like a bad smell. Mansour will do his usual whataboutery and in a way he's quite right to.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Similar to what hearts are doing.
    Must admit, don't understand FFP rules. Hearts are being supported by hidden benefactor injections of capital every year. If Man City did the same, would they be deemed to be breaching the rules and fined by UEFA ?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    It's all very well posters saying plastic club/they deserve it/disgusting club, etc etc.
    If we had said owners and the success with it, no Hibs fan would bat an eyelid.

Someone is now going to say they'd be disgusted and boycott the club
    No, you’re wrong about this. I would not want my club supported by dirty money and would walk away if it was.

The current version of Manchester City is a weird Stepford Wife compared to its former self. Every Manchester City fan must know this and if they accept it, they’re complicit in the deception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    FFP rules are very sensible. Don't spend more than you earn. If they were enforced Bury Bolton etc wouldn't have happened. So yes, FFP is for the benefit of small clubs too.

But the shadow of PSG hangs all over this like a bad smell. Mansour will do his usual whataboutery and in a way he's quite right to.
    Well, yes and no.

In Scottish terms, it’d be like if Ron started throwing cash at Hibs, suddenly becoming a real threat to the Old Firm and the SFA responded by bringing in FFP laws that would limit Hibs spending and likely not the Old Firm’s, due to their revenue being much higher than ours.

Spending what you’ve got, sure. But if you’ve got an owner willing to pump in money, why not? As said, FFP pretty much keeps the clubs that are currently ‘big’ safe from any smaller / upstart ones from stepping up. Man City can’t spend £200 million on players as they don’t have the revenue, but Man United or Real Madrid can?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Must admit, don't understand FFP rules. Hearts are being supported by hidden benefactor injections of capital every year. If Man City did the same, would they be deemed to be breaching the rules and fined by UEFA ?
    I think that’s exactly what they did. Their Sheikh owner effectively funnelled the club money through inflated sponsorship deals with companies he largely controls. I don’t think you can just give a club you own however much you like, and there are rules governing pretty much everything.

I would suspect if Scotland adopted similar rules, Hearts would fall foul of them.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    With now Chelsea and Man City now found guilty. Should the coefficient points not been taking away from England’s total

As others have pointed out, the FFP rules are meaningless unless they are applied equally to all clubs.

PSG got away with it and other mega-rich clubs have even avoided being investigated at all.

The most insidious development of all, organisations owning multiple clubs, isn't being investigated at all. Red Bull Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg have managed to make the case that they are owned by separate entities

Intriguing to see if this verdict stands or if City appeal and get it greatly reduced to a smaller fine and a suspended sentence or similar.
    It will probably rumble on for a while either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGREB RED View Post
    Intriguing to see if this verdict stands or if City appeal and get it greatly reduced to a smaller fine and a suspended sentence or similar.
    It will probably rumble on for a while either way.
    It can't rumble on that long, if they are out next season then some other club will know they are in Europe.....

Controversial, but I think outwith Barcelona Pep cares more about the leagues than Europe. Anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Controversial, but I think outwith Barcelona Pep cares more about the leagues than Europe. Anyone else agree?
    I don't. Despite all their claims to the contrary last season, I think Man City would cheerfully have given up the league title in exchange for the champions League crown....

I think City will take this to court and will be in the champs league next season

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Nope.

If Man City, or any other club, is found and proven to be cheating and breaking the rules, then they deserve every punishment that comes their way.