hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally Hibs fault, sure ICT have nothing to do with pricing...................
    Always the fault of the other side when this argument crops up.

On another thread someone had pointed out that, if the clubs can’t agree on price, it would default to the standard pricing for a league game. I’m pretty sure BSC don’t normally charge £20 or £22 for a league game as in the previous round. I get it was a chance for them to make some money, but Hibs clearly happy to go with it.

FWIW, I don’t have a problem with the price I’ll pay for the quarter final, but I do think Hibs are generally happy to squeeze the prices up as far as they can in the cups. I think it’s an opportunity to do a bit more on the kids pricing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Tidy

Last year's £748,000 operating loss suggests that the pricing is about right.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Is this the game the singing section were trying to get into FF Lower

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I believe so. Looks like nothing happening.

Left by mutual consent!
    £20 quarter final on payday. What’s not to like?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Agree with ideas like this, would help create a better atmosphere than having everyone spread out.
    It's not that I disagree with this on any sort of principle, because we should always look to make kids tickets cheap. But let's be realistic, it's a Friday 7:45pm kickoff, there will be significantly less kids attending than if it was an afternoon kickoff on the weekend.

The problem really lies in this. If you are over the age of 18, and not a season ticket holder or a student, you will be having to pay £22 for a game like this. Now think about a group of mates who want to go. If four of them went, that would be a total of £88. We shoot ourselves in the foot in this country by thinking all adults have children, and want to sit with them in family sections. There is no catering for younger fans, without kids, who want to go with mates at the end of a working week and blow off some steam.

That is the crux of why we will get a poor crowd for this game. Because our board (and indeed almost every board in Scotland) fail to attract a crucial age bracket (18-30 year olds).

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    We should close the upper tiers for this game then open them for sale if we sell enough tickets.

An empty FF lower is gash
    An empty FF lower is absolutely fine. Can't see it from my seat in the FF upper

AFAIK, it was only ever proposed on here by a few posters.

I haven't heard of any proposal from the Singing Section guys.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Always the fault of the other side when this argument crops up.

On another thread someone had pointed out that, if the clubs can’t agree on price, it would default to the standard pricing for a league game. I’m pretty sure BSC don’t normally charge £20 or £22 for a league game as in the previous round. I get it was a chance for them to make some money, but Hibs clearly happy to go with it.

FWIW, I don’t have a problem with the price I’ll pay for the quarter final, but I do think Hibs are generally happy to squeeze the prices up as far as they can in the cups. I think it’s an opportunity to do a bit more on the kids pricing.
    Actually, I didnt blame ICT but was pointing out that this is not all on Hibs. It is (I think) a TV match, so both clubs will get income there. That also probably means less ICT fans through the gate.

I have no idea whats "reasonable" but I would like someone to work out how much Hibs would make / lose based on £20 or £15 pricing.........as I dont know, but imagine that Hibs have a fair idea.

Loads moan about prices, abd they would be the same ones moaning if we had missed out on Scott Allan because "we didnt have the cash".

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

I was only posting it, as I read something on here about it.

I was only posting it, as I read something on here about it.

I know 👍

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Folk moaning about £20 for a Scottish Cup quarter-final! I get the impression some posters on here just love bashing the club.
    Completely 20 quid is fine for a Cup Quarter Final

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

They have, via club rep.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    It's not that I disagree with this on any sort of principle, because we should always look to make kids tickets cheap. But let's be realistic, it's a Friday 7:45pm kickoff, there will be significantly less kids attending than if it was an afternoon kickoff on the weekend.

The problem really lies in this. If you are over the age of 18, and not a season ticket holder or a student, you will be having to pay £22 for a game like this. Now think about a group of mates who want to go. If four of them went, that would be a total of £88. We shoot ourselves in the foot in this country by thinking all adults have children, and want to sit with them in family sections. There is no catering for younger fans, without kids, who want to go with mates at the end of a working week and blow off some steam.

That is the crux of why we will get a poor crowd for this game. Because our board (and indeed almost every board in Scotland) fail to attract a crucial age bracket (18-30 year olds).
    It’s still only £22 each though, it’s not like their pals would all be expecting one person to stump up for the 4 tickets. 18-30 year olds have the most disposable income than most others, a whole host of them would be students so manage to get concession tickets. I’d actually hazard a guess that a Friday night will attract a majority of young adults than any other age group. Clubs aren’t going to chuck cash away when in reality it won’t make any difference to the attendance.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Folk moaning about £20 for a Scottish Cup quarter-final! I get the impression some posters on here just love bashing the club.
    Not so sure it's that. Just think folk are sick of the football in general being ridiculously expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    So we can all get soaked if its raining whilst all the upper areas remain dry and empty!!!! No thanks.
    West stand or East ?

The last away replay to ICT did fans have to stay over or did trains run after ?

Another opportunity missed though to create a bit of buzz and create a better atmosphere.

Signing section should just buy tickets in a different part of stadium for this.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Not so sure it's that. Just think folk are sick of the football in general being ridiculously expensive.
    £20 for a 1/4 final in the Scottish cup is far from expensive. Friday night under the lights at ER . Grab yourself a bargain imo . Possibly one game away from Hampden.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I would sell the FF lower 1st then open the upper tier if it sells out.

We can hopefully get an update from Kieran if the idea was even discussed by His for this game - probably get the reply it was too short notice.

Last cup game there about 200 folk in the FF lower!

Happy with the Friday night - could have been say £15 for adults but we don't seem to offer cheap prices often.
    I did take the suggestion to the club at the start of the week. No further feedback at the moment.

The Club clearly isn’t comfortable moving Season ticket holders from their seats - which is fair (especially as there is a discount price available too). Timescales hasn’t helped in this situation (making contact).

I’ll certainly back there needs to be a solution - both sides are butting heids - but I couldn’t support moving a specific set of season ticket holders midseason fully (difficult as I need to ‘look after’ them too).

Club is definitely looking at options moving forward but that intention was always in the future, not this season.

Beauty with this cup game is the ability to move to another part of the ground if you wanted. A few will be joining me up the back of the East for this one.

I’ll keep on at it though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    £20 for a 1/4 final in the Scottish cup is far from expensive. Friday night under the lights at ER . Grab yourself a bargain imo . Possibly one game away from Hampden.
    Totally agree but it’s definitely one game away from Hampden, Shirley?

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm gutted I'll miss this as my missus is working and I'll be with all the young kids who aren't quite ready for the footy. However, Hibs generally play well under the Easter Road lights while on the telly, so I'm pleased for them. Quietly confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    I did take the suggestion to the club at the start of the week. No further feedback at the moment.

The Club clearly isn’t comfortable moving Season ticket holders from their seats - which is fair (especially as there is a discount price available too). Timescales hasn’t helped in this situation (making contact).

I’ll certainly back there needs to be a solution - both sides are butting heids - but I couldn’t support moving a specific set of season ticket holders midseason fully (difficult as I need to ‘look after’ them too).

Club is definitely looking at options moving forward but that intention was always in the future, not this season.

Beauty with this cup game is the ability to move to another part of the ground if you wanted. A few will be joining me up the back of the East for this one.

Will the club put a ban on buying tickets if the singing section move en mass again though? Either everyone can move to anywhere, or nobody should be allowed to move.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    I said pricing in general. Add that £20 on top of the £380 for a season ticket and the numerous other £20+ games out with the league games. I can see why people get annoyed.

It'll be on TV so surely they realise less folk will go.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Will the club put a ban on buying tickets if the singing section move en mass again though? Either everyone can move to anywhere, or nobody should be allowed to move.
    Plenty of options on moves (now but more likely after ST deadline) just not the FFL which is the family section again this season.

@hibs.net private member

Kieran

I've got 10 season ticket holders in my network and two of them are ambulant adults with carers. All the tickets however are priced at £20 in my basket apart from one over 65 at £10. Is this likely to be a mistake as there is no reference to ambulant and carer tickets within the main ticket announcement?? I cant remember a time when Hibs haven't made these tickets available at Easter Road.

Adult prices are fine but I’d like Hibs to be doing a bit more to attract kids and families along to a match that should be a decent occasion but nowhere near a sell-out.

When they they come away with stuff about being community focused and family friendly, it would be taken a bit more seriously if it was backed up with action.

£20 for a Scottish Cup QF is perfectly reasonable though.

Plenty of options on moves (now but more likely after ST deadline) just not the FFL which is the family section again this season.
    Even though there is no family pricing for this game, and there is nothing in the ticket information link provided for the game that states only families can buy tickets for the FFL for this game?

If the club want this to be the case then they should be clarifying that in the info and providing family pricing, otherwise it is a free for all like all other sections.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Last year's £748,000 operating loss suggests that the pricing is about right.
    Absolutely not! It shows that alternative income streams are poor.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Hibs can’t win on pricing. Folk just love to moan and have a go at the club. If it was cheap folk would moan that they are devaluing the game. It’s a business Hibs are running not a charity.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Hibs can’t win on pricing. Folk just love to moan and have a go at the club. If it was cheap folk would moan that they are devaluing the game. It’s a business Hibs are running not a charity.
    Get loads of kids in from local schools in as part of the community initiative we have on our tops.