hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

There is no better...

killer passer than S.Allan at any club up here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He’s a match winner we’re lucky to have him.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Doesn't always work but by God when it does they're something to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't always work but by God when it does they're something to behold
    Scott Allan is great to watch and must be great for a striker to play in front of. I also smile when I hear fans shouting at him to ‘play the easy ball’ when he misplaces a pass. The last thing I ever want Scott Allan to do is start playing the easy ball. The league is full of those types of midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said it before but you play Scott Allan for those 2 or so passes a game that open up the other team and put a chance on a plate for your forwards. I hear people screaming at him to keep things simple and bemoan him being out of form etc because he's given the ball away a couple of times. I get it can be frustrating when he tries a flick here and there and he loses possession but it's worth it because he's got the ability to change the game in a second. If you try and restrict him you lose what makes him so special.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Said it before but you play Scott Allan for those 2 or so passes a game that open up the other team and put a chance on a plate for your forwards. I hear people screaming at him to keep things simple and bemoan him being out of form etc because he's given the ball away a couple of times. I get it can be frustrating when he tries a flick here and there and he loses possession but it's worth it because he's got the ability to change the game in a second. If you try and restrict him you lose what makes him so special.
    If his back heel had made it through at the edge of the box last night it would’ve been one of the filthiest pieces of skill I’d seen.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    If his back heel had made it through at the edge of the box last night it would’ve been one of the filthiest pieces of skill I’d seen.

Agreed. No doubt someone wasn't happy with it but that vision and awareness combined with quick thinking is why we were desperate to see him back at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Agree to an extent, but the slack passes can also hurt you if possession is lost in a critical area. Knowing when and when not to do it is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Agree to an extent, but the slack passes can also hurt you if possession is lost in a critical area. Knowing when and when not to do it is key.
    If you play for Real Madrid not us.. if he didn’t have his deficiencies he wouldn’t be here and ER would be a poorer place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I think the player you describe would be unaffordable for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I think the player you describe would be unaffordable for Hibs.

Perhaps, but there's always room for improvement at any level.

I'm not criticising Scott Allan either, I agree entirely about his ability to find a pass very few can.

Left by mutual consent!
    The ball last night reminded me of the ball through to Zitelli in the 6-2 game.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    True, it was brilliant vision, but I think the intended recipient was offside which would have been a right pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    killer passer than S.Allan at any club up here.
    Scott Allan's passing is worth paying money to watch. Last night's through ball to McNulty was a work of art

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Scott Allan is great to watch and must be great for a striker to play in front of. I also smile when I hear fans shouting at him to ‘play the easy ball’ when he misplaces a pass. The last thing I ever want Scott Allan to do is start playing the easy ball. The league is full of those types of midfielders.

Guy behind me shouts that every game. Quite incredible really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    True, it was brilliant vision, but I think the intended recipient was offside which would have been a right pisser.
    He was, McNulty I think. Would still have told the world about it today as it was an incredible effort.

Back to the title of the thread...........

..............weather girl than Lucy Verasamy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Back to the title of the thread...........

..............weather girl than Lucy Verasamy
    Agreed!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Reminds me of Derek Riordan
    Can drift in and out of games but is always capable of that piece of magic to get the fans on their feet and win the game
    You’re home Scotty

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    “It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 as a sheep”

Ok it was a quote from a right wing dictator who was ultimately hung by his own from a lamppost but you get my drift...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

He could do with a bit of both.....

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Scott Allan's passing is worth paying money to watch. Last night's through ball to McNulty was a work of art
    My exact words last night

Top 3 assists so far in the league....
    3.Scotty Allan vs Ross County
    2.Scotty Allan vs Aberdeen
    1.Scotty Allan vs Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Can drift in and out of games but is always capable of that piece of magic to get the fans on their feet and win the game
    You’re home Scotty
    What have you been smoking?
    Lucy Verasamy looks nothing like Derek Riordan.

@hibs.net private member
    Must be a strikers dream to have passes put through to you like that.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Must be a strikers dream to have passes put through to you like that.
    Yep, although not every striker is capable of staying onside, anticipating the pass, timing the run and finishing. This is McNulty's biggest asset IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    You’re home Scotty
    never a Riordan, just magic at times how he scored, but Scotty is the new MCGinn/Riordan/Sauzee of the moment for Hibs fans. he is far above anything in Scottish clubs, with maybe a couple of Celtic players but that's only the celtic view

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    never a Riordan, just magic at times how he scored, but Scotty is the new MCGinn/Riordan/Sauzee of the moment for Hibs fans. he is far above anything in Scottish clubs, with maybe a couple of Celtic players but that's only the celtic view

Is he Riordan or no

I agree with the idea that he's brilliant though and his vision/execution is a cut above almost everyone in the league.

His wee glance over his shoulder after the hooked lob onto the penalty spot which resulted in Boyle's volley at Tynie is one of the moments of the season for me. Knew exactly what he was doing. Someone with lesser imaganition passes that back to the full-back or turns into trouble. Love those players which is why Alex Edwards is my hero from the Tornados and I liked Latapy that wee bit more than Big Franck. I reckon the culture of those Hibs fans who enjoy seeing someone take a chance rather than play it safe is why he is so comfortable here, he knows if he trys and it doesn't come off we are just waiting for the next attempt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    His wee glance over his shoulder after the hooked lob onto the penalty spot which resulted in Boyle's volley at Tynie is one of the moments of the season for me. Knew exactly what he was doing. Someone with lesser imaganition passes that back to the full-back or turns into trouble. Love those players which is why Alex Edwards is my hero from the Tornados and I liked Latapy that wee bit more than Big Franck. I reckon the culture of those Hibs fans who enjoy seeing someone take a chance rather than play it safe is why he is so comfortable here, he knows if he trys and it doesn't come off we are just waiting for the next attempt.
    "Someone with lesser imaganition passes that back to the full-back or turns into trouble."

The whole Hearts team then.