hibs.net Messageboard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Team v Kilmarnock

This is a tough one, because we have a pretty well functioning squad now, but would probably go with:

Marciano

McGinn Jackson Hanlon

Boyle Docherty Newell/Omeonga Stevenson/Newell

Allan

McNulty Doidge
    Last edited by Diclonius; 13-02-2020 at 01:06 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Even tougher without a keeper

I wouldnt change a winning team

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even tougher without a keeper

I wouldnt change a winning team
    Fixed.

Only change I would even consider is Omeonga in for Slivka, other than that same team and set up.

Was refreshing to hear Ross say In the interview he has to find a way to get McNulty, Doidge, Allan and Boyle all in the same team.

He knows exactly what this club is all about and what the fans want!

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Only change I would even consider is Omeonga in for Slivka, other than that same team and set up.

Was refreshing to hear Ross say In the interview he has to find a way to get McNulty, Doidge, Allan and Boyle all in the same team.

He knows exactly what this club is all about and what the fans want!
    Not sure Slivka deserves to be dropped after last night.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I watched Killie's game against the Rangers last night and the thing that struck me most was their physical size, reminiscent of a Levein stormtrooper team. Killie are like Livvy to a certain extent in so far as they take full advantage of their artificial pitch. The game had to be stopped last night so that the Rangers keeper could get a rubber pellet removed from his eye.

They were very much second fiddle in the first half but looked a different side altogether in the second half. There's no doubt in my eyes that it was a poor result for us , my brain says that we should be wanting the Old Firm to win every game apart from when the play us obviously.

Left by mutual consent!
    Burke and O'Donnell will cause us issues down the right. Will be interested to see if Stevenson is put back in after last night.

Only 2 of last night's starters started in the League Cup QF at Rugby Park in September.

Maxwell

James
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Hallberg
    Vela
    Horgan
    Mallan
    Middleton

Doidge

I'd go Marciano, McGinn, Jackson, Hanlon
    Boyle, Docherty, Omeonga, Newell
    Allan
    Doidge McNulty

Slivka was tidy enough with the ball last night but frequently out of position when we didnt have the ball.
    Ross Co should have scored first half when he fell asleep and let the boy right through on Marciano down our right hand side.
    He gets punished against the better teams when we are not in possession, he goes to sleep.
    So, for that reason, Docherty & Omeonga in the hub for me.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Burke and O'Donnell will cause us issues down the right. Will be interested to see if Stevenson is put back in after last night.
    I thought our team last night had a better balance to it . I think Jack will keep the same starting 11 .
    Clean sheets are not our speciality . If it’s not broke and that .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member

Team v Kilmarnock

Would be tempted to keep same team after last night’s performance but only one I might be tempted with due to Killie’s more robust midfield would Whittaker in for Slivka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I'd go Marciano, McGinn, Jackson, Hanlon
    Boyle, Docherty, Omeonga, Newell
    Allan
    Doidge McNulty

Slivka was tidy enough with the ball last night but frequently out of position when we didnt have the ball.
    Ross Co should have scored first half when he fell asleep and let the boy right through on Marciano down our right hand side.
    He gets punished against the better teams when we are not in possession, he goes to sleep.
    So, for that reason, Docherty & Omeonga in the hub for me.
    Funny how people see things differently. If I am thinking of the same incident, I actually thought that Slivka worked hard to track back and stopped the Ross County player getting a clean shot away. On last night's performance I thought that he got his positioning spot on.

I do admit that in previous games he has been guilty of letting the game go by him, but not last night.

Marciano

McGinn
    Jackson
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Docherty
    Omeonga
    Newell

Allan

Doidge
    McNulty

I'd take the game to Killie, 352 seems to suit us and allows for Allan to play in his most clinical role.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Not sure Slivka deserves to be dropped after last night.
    Scarily I’m going to agree. I don’t rate Slivka and think this should be his last season here but I do think he had a decent game last night. Still think Omeonga is better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I think Lewis will play for that very reason. I know Burke is getting on a bit but maybe a bit risky to have Newell up against him.

I'd keep the formation the same. if we're changing personnel I'd put Whittaker or Hallberg in for Slivka as they offer a bit more protection as we will undoubtedly be under more pressure than last night

I’d drop Slivka for Omeonga Slivka caught sleeping for when the boy hit the post. Too often Slivka sleeping, was marking Gogic for the Hamilton goal. Boy ran off him. For a big he doesn’t like a physical battle