hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts tickets

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. If we block off 600 seats or so in the away end that’s a potential 20K we could be losing.
    And there are some who were outraged that we gave rangers the entire South stand despite not selling out the home end.

Hibs can't afford to write off around £50k for each of these matches.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    And there are some who were outraged that we gave rangers the entire South stand despite not selling out the home end.

Hibs can't afford to write off around £50k for each of these matches.
    If we could sell all our tickets and most of the south then I would be delighted to give Sevco 900 tickets. Until then we have to gain maximum revenue from these games.

If we could sell all our tickets and most of the south then I would be delighted to give Sevco 900 tickets. Until then we have to gain maximum revenue from these games.
    Same for me, although in saying that when I started going to matches regularly in the early 80s we were nearly always outnumbered by OF fans when they came to ER, but I loved these matches. These were the big games that made me such a rabid hibee.

Exactly. If we block off 600 seats or so in the away end that’s a potential 20K we could be losing.
    It's not always about maximizing income, our fans are being short-changed with our ticket allocation at Tynecastle and we should be seeking to redress that, not meekly accepting it.

Some supporters would like to see our club fighting their corner, I see none of that right now.

Also, we can't use losing 20k as an excuse given we went without short sponsorship this season.

It's up to Hearts how many tickets they want to sell us (unless limited by the authorities).

Why don't people understand this?
    I understand everything on this thread perfectly well, apart from why you have quoted me.

I was replying to someone who was saying it may be the case that our reduced allocation for derbies at Easter Road and Tynecastle is down to police safety advice.

If that's not the case and it's actually down to Hearts deciding to restrict our numbers then it goes against the so-called gentleman's agreement that's supposed to be in place between both clubs to give one another a full allocation of tickets in one stand of each other's stadium.

If Hearts are choosing to break that agreement for games at Tynecastle then fine, there's nothing we can do about that. Just like there's nothing they can do if we choose to cut their allocation for Easter Road. Except we're not doing that and we're actually cutting our own numbers instead.

Hopefully that helps to clear up any confusion you may have had over my stance on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    It's not always about maximizing income, our fans are being short-changed with our ticket allocation at Tynecastle and we should be seeking to redress that, not meekly accepting it.

Some supporters would like to see our club fighting their corner, I see none of that right now.

Also, we can't use losing 20k as an excuse given we went without short sponsorship this season.
    You don't know what discussions take place between the clubs. I'd be surprised if the club aren't fighting our corner.

What does sponsorship have to do with it?

You don't know what discussions take place between the clubs. I'd be surprised if the club aren't fighting our corner.

What does sponsorship have to do with it?
    A poster suggested we couldn't restrict ticket sales to Hearts as it would cost us 20k in revenue.

I merely commented that we have already turned down considerably more this season by going without shirt sponsorship - therefore suggesting that like that decision, maximizing income isn't always the only answer.

You're right, I'm not aware of any potential discussions, all I see is Hibs tickets being restricted at Easter Rd and Tynecastle, whilst Hearts are provided a full allocation at both.

That is a situation that I find unacceptable, and I believe it's one our club should find unacceptable too.

Restricting their allocation is a weapon we have to redress the balance.

You're assuming Hibs turned down a sponsorship. We've no idea what happened.

You're assuming Hibs turned down a sponsorship. We've no idea what happened.
    Leeann Dempster's words not mine.

"Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster says the club turned down offers of commercial shirt sponsorship in favour of the Hibernian Community Foundation.

The Hibees launched their 2019/20 home and away kits last Friday, and the foundation's name and logo will adorn the front of the shirts for the coming season.

It brings and to an end a five year relationship with betting firm Marathonbet, who have been the Easter Road club’s primary shirt sponsor since the 2014/15 season."

Leeann Dempster's words not mine.

"Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster says the club turned down offers of commercial shirt sponsorship in favour of the Hibernian Community Foundation.

The Hibees launched their 2019/20 home and away kits last Friday, and the foundation's name and logo will adorn the front of the shirts for the coming season.

It brings and to an end a five year relationship with betting firm Marathonbet, who have been the Easter Road club’s primary shirt sponsor since the 2014/15 season."
    But it's possible that the offers fell short of what the club thinks the sponsorship is worth, or even that Ron took some moral stance and topped up the missing sponsorship money with his own investment.

We don't know and until such time as we do I don't see any reason to automatically assume the worst.

But it's possible that the offers fell short of what the club thinks the sponsorship is worth, or even that Ron took some moral stance and topped up the missing sponsorship money with his own investment.

We don't know and until such time as we do I don't see any reason to automatically assume the worst.
    A question for the AGM would be how does this years sponsorship compare to previous years.

Regarding Hibs fan issues at others grounds - Hibs should surely hold discussions prior to every away game to make sure fans are looked after by home club. We are expecting X amount so have can you open X amount of turnstiles etc.

Also some clubs have supported liaison officer to work with any tickets - Kieran has helped fans with tickets etc out his own time - the club should find someone to do this full / part time.

The issues with away fans in OUR stadium is OUR issue - over crowding etc should be discussed. Ok the police have a say about exiting but behaviour by Rangers fans and other clubs recently in away end has been poor. Aberdeen flooded toilets last season, seats constantly smashed up by some opposition fans - Hibs should reduce allocations.

I would reduce the Old Firm to minimum and put them upper corner. Take the hit on the ££. If we have to rely on that small amount we aren’t running out club properly. Or do we give in as like most things at Hibs it’s about £££ and home fans are often taken for granted.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    A question for the AGM would be how does this years sponsorship compare to previous years.

Regarding Hibs fan issues at others grounds - Hibs should surely hold discussions prior to every away game to make sure fans are looked after by home club. We are expecting X amount so have can you open X amount of turnstiles etc.

Also some clubs have supported liaison officer to work with any tickets - Kieran has helped fans with tickets etc out his own time - the club should find someone to do this full / part time.

The issues with away fans in OUR stadium is OUR issue - over crowding etc should be discussed. Ok the police have a say about exiting but behaviour by Rangers fans and other clubs recently in away end has been poor. Aberdeen flooded toilets last season, seats constantly smashed up by some opposition fans - Hibs should reduce allocations.

I would reduce the Old Firm to minimum and put them upper corner. Take the hit on the ££. If we have to rely on that small amount we aren’t running out club properly. Or do we give in as like most things at Hibs it’s about £££ and home fans are often taken for granted.
    Maybe that's why our allocation is cut at Tynie. I've witnessed seats being broken in the school end at Tynie.

Unfortunately bad eggs in every team.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

You assume that Hibs don't liaise with other clubs or the police to improve conditions for Hibs supporters.

Why?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

Just cause you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Can you imagine the outrage if Hibs came out at the end of the season and stated, “We listened to the fans and cut Hear7s allocation and restricted Sevco to 900 tickets despite not selling out our end. Because of the lost revenue from those fixtures we cannot afford to keep McNulty or Omeonga. We hope you will still buy season tickets though.

Maximising revenue is what running a club like Hibs is all about.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

Can you imagine the outrage if Hibs came out at the end of the season and stated, “We listened to the fans and cut Hear7s allocation and restricted Sevco to 900 tickets despite not selling out our end. Because of the lost revenue from those fixtures we cannot afford to keep McNulty or Omeonga. We hope you will still buy season tickets though.

If we’re playing hypotheticals, what if they came out to say “ Because we decided not to go with a sponsor this season and instead gave it to the Hibs Foundation, and as a result cannot afford to keep McNulty or Omeonga. We hope you will still buy season tickets though.”

Just secured my seat. Nice and easy, straight in and out in a couple of minutes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Accidentally bought two tickets too many, is there a easy way to get them refunded? Or will I have to sell them myself?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesboii View Post
    Accidentally bought two tickets too many, is there a easy way to get them refunded? Or will I have to sell them myself?
    email tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk they're usually pretty good at sorting things out.

Fri 14 Feb 12:50:31 GMT 2020
    West
    5598 not for sale
    399 available

FF
    3457 not for sale
    347 available

East
    5764 not for sale
    557 available

South
    3949 not for sale
    0 available

Total
    18840 not for sale
    1303 available

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    email tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk they're usually pretty good at sorting things out.
    That’s brilliant, cheers mate.

@hibs.net private member

Exactly! & If the Hertz want to cut allocation & lose money out their own pockets more fool them.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    I’ll certainly ask the question - if it’s a consequence of unacceptable conduct/police derisk recommendation then we’ll adhere to it.
    The decision to reduce our allocation by 400 at the last derby at Tynecastle was made after a safety recommendation - I’ve seen it was around 70 the previous season and nothing in other years. Ideally we want no allocation cuts there moving forward and the club can put our case forward in future match operation meetings but they have no say on final decision.

Bottom of section 45, 34 seats, at Easter Road has been closed for a few seasons now - again that’s match safety advice. Thankfully there’s more space between our stands that means less supporter impact in our stadium and less income consequences.
    Last edited by Power; 14-02-2020 at 08:13 PM.

The decision to reduce our allocation by 400 at the last derby at Tynecastle was made after a safety recommendation - I’ve seen it was around 70 the previous season and nothing in other years. Ideally we want no allocation cuts there moving forward and the club can put our case forward in future match operation meetings but they have no say on final decision.

Bottom of section 45, 34 seats, at Easter Road has been closed for a few seasons now - again that’s match safety advice. Thankfully there’s more space between our stands that means less supporter impact in our stadium and less income consequences.
    Thanks for the response.

I hope we will be highlighting how others are getting a full allocation at Tynecastle.

Left by mutual consent!
    I bought mine today so get it right up ye Stendel.

Match safety advice in this case means a tactic to keep the erses in both supports further apart and to make it more difficult for said erses to make any incursions into the other support without being captured.
    This as you say is easier to achieve at Easter Road due to the larger distances between the stands.

Chorley Hibee, take it out on the erses in our support not the clubs.
    Basically both teams lose tickets and thus income due to the previous behaviour of erses.
    Both teams had to spend loads on better CCTV last summer due to erses.
    Both teams have to needlessly spend money on repairing seats and toilet facilities every season due to erses.
    In conclusion erses cost our club lots of money and reduce our ticket allocation at the PBS & ER.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 14-02-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Match safety advice in this case means a tactic to keep the erses in both supports further apart and to make it more difficult for said erses to make any incursions into the other support without being captured.
    This as you say is easier to achieve at Easter Road due to the larger distances between the stands.

Basically both teams lose tickets and thus income due to the previous behaviour of erses.
    Both teams have to needlessly spend money on repairing seats and toilet facilities every season due to erses.
    In conclusion erses cost our club lots of money and reduce our ticket allocation at the PBS & ER.
    Yet both times it impacts hibs supporters and doesn’t effect hearts/OF fans? Nobody is disputing that we may have to adhere to safety advice from police, but fairs fair, if they insist that it’s the home end at ER, then we should be ensuring that it is also the home end at tynecastle. Unless your implying it’s only ever hibs fans that cause the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Yet both times it impacts hibs supporters and doesn’t effect hearts/OF fans? Nobody is disputing that we may have to adhere to safety advice from police, but fairs fair, if they insist that it’s the home end at ER, then we should be ensuring that it is also the home end at tynecastle. Unless your implying it’s only ever hibs fans that cause the trouble.

Only things I can think of are:
    that we don't have season ticket holders in the corner that is covered up in Section 45 therefore it is easy to remove that section from sale or
    maybe Leanne is trying to minimise the chances of our fans embarrassing the club by making it more difficult for them to breach.

P.S. There are currently 1300 Hibs end tickets still available for any Hibs supporter that wants to can go so not really an issue. Obviously those that decide late that they want to go won't get a ticket but that's life.

that we don't have season ticket holders in the corner that is covered up in Section 45 therefore it is easy to remove that section from sale or
    maybe Leanne is trying to minimise the chances of our fans embarrassing the club by making it more difficult for them to breach.

P.S. There are currently 1300 Hibs end tickets still available for any Hibs supporter that wants to can go so not really an issue. Obviously those that decide late that they want to go won't get a ticket but that's life.
    Nah it's not on. If the decision to restrict the Hibs support at Easter Road is based on safety grounds then it should be the home support that's restricted at Tynecastle.

Like I said 34 tickets isn’t going to make a massive difference at home, the issue is the consistency of this meaning we also lose 400+ tickets twice per season at tynecastle while they get a full allocation both home and away.

Except both teams don't lose tickets, only Hibs do.

Those paragons of virtue Sevco managed to get the whole end at Tynecastle without any restriction, or am I to believe our support acts in a worse manner than they do on their travels?

The Hearts support repeatedly cause damage at Easter Road, again without any restriction placed upon their support.

We have ********s in our support, as does every club, but the disproportionate response to our ********s is leaving our supporters, and club, at a disadvantage in a big game.

I don't think it's wrong to highlight these inconsistencies.