hibs.net Messageboard

 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 49 of 49

Thread: Doige + McNulty

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,491
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MD2020 :
    ‘ shout! We have a winner


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Banks of the Weser
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem with that is the preceding lines.

    What rhymes with McNulty?

    Gay?
    Easy........

    We had Kamberi
    We weren’t merry
    His game was woeful
    Needed disposal
    The Huns were desperate
    JR said “test it”
    If we could offload
    And strikers reload
    We needed quality
    So swapped for Docherty
    We need a striker
    To make us hyper
    The man we wanted
    With Doidgey bonded
    To play the Hibs game
    There was just one name
    Throughout the country
    Marc McNulty!


    To the tune of Inní mér syngur vitleysingur (second part)

  4. #33
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MD2020 :
    Belter

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stonehaven
    Age
    53
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was never convinced by Kamberi, even when he first arrived and was getting plaudits.

    However, because I couldn't pin point what it was that made me doubt him, and the fact that so many people seemed to think he was the best thing since sliced bread, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

    But it's now pretty clear that he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and he's most definitely not a team player.

    According to Wikipedia, he's played 53 times for us and scored 11 times. That's not prolific in any sense of the word and he doesn't make up for the lack of goals with a load of assists either.

    In my opinion, the people saying that he's the most skilful player at Hibs or thinking that he's worth £2m are indulging in pretty impressive wishful thinking.

    I don't think he has anything to offer Hibs so I don't want him back regardless of his ridiculous remarks on signing for Secco.

    Quite frankly, I'd rather have Simon Murray back.

    I was about to post 'ditto' because those were exactly my thoughts on Kamberi...but then you went an ruined it
    At Easter Road They Play.....

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,285
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was about to post 'ditto' because those were exactly my thoughts on Kamberi...but then you went an ruined it
    Would you prefer Kamberi back to Simon Murray?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Prestonfield
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,173
    Two of them looked really good last night, and both in great scoring form right now. Doidge is now sitting on 94 career goals, be great to see him get to 100 before the season is out. Love the big guy.

  8. #37
    First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Newark, New Jersey
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's 3 hat tricks between them, plus goals each coming in form each thick and fast.

    Not sure exactly what kind of partnership Doige had with Flo, if any, but I feel that game styles of Doige/McNulty are much more suited to one another. They have the variation you need but seem to be growing in terms of how one reads the other.

    So happy for Doige to come good after all the ***** he copped from people (including many on here!) at the start.

    Long may it continue!
    Agreed, although the critcism was entirely justified, he was p1sh for his first 10 or 11 games of the season so delighted he's banging them in, goal machine.

    Would maybe take McNulty off pens as well.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    10,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two of them looked really good last night, and both in great scoring form right now. Doidge is now sitting on 94 career goals, be great to see him get to 100 before the season is out. Love the big guy.
    He will get that before the split.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couple of promising passages of play between the two

    Augers well for a busy period in the run up to the quarter final as we need to get a good run going and for all the new guys to gel and bond as a team

    Scotty Allan back on the pens for me 😁
    And if Scott's not on the pitch then I'd go for Paul Hanlon. He's taken penalties in every shoot out when he's been on the pitch and as far as I can remember he's scored the lot.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if Scott's not on the pitch then I'd go for Paul Hanlon. He's taken penalties in every shoot out when he's been on the pitch and as far as I can remember he's scored the lot.
    Boyle scores from the spot. Fraser Murray has a lovely dig on him too.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, although the critcism was entirely justified, he was p1sh for his first 10 or 11 games of the season so delighted he's banging them in, goal machine.

    Would maybe take McNulty off pens as well.
    I disagree (as I did at the time). We're lucky that he has/had enough self belief to ignore unjustified criticism and keep his head up.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member PeeJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    5,303
    Both currently playing well, but maybe we should wait and see how things pan out when better teams are involved?
    .... Die spinnen, die Briten ....

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    8,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if Scott's not on the pitch then I'd go for Paul Hanlon. He's taken penalties in every shoot out when he's been on the pitch and as far as I can remember he's scored the lot.


    He was my original first choice so happy to go with that

  15. #44
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, although the critcism was entirely justified, he was p1sh for his first 10 or 11 games of the season so delighted he's banging them in, goal machine.

    Would maybe take McNulty off pens as well.
    Don't think it was justified at all.

    He was nowhere near pish. He just wasn't scoring goals. Some folk cant see past that when judging him and the whole mood at the time meant that folk were just gunning for scapegoats.

    Anyway, I'm delighted too!

  16. #45
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    23,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree (as I did at the time). We're lucky that he has/had enough self belief to ignore unjustified criticism and keep his head up.
    Agree, Doidge was playing well even when not scoring. All strikers will have a barren spell when goals aren't coming even though you're in the right positions. Lukaku, Fernando Torres, Cummings all famously couldn't get a goal for months.

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if Scott's not on the pitch then I'd go for Paul Hanlon. He's taken penalties in every shoot out when he's been on the pitch and as far as I can remember he's scored the lot.
    Never missed a pen since he was 10 years old.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stonehaven
    Age
    53
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you prefer Kamberi back to Simon Murray?

    Jeez...there's a dilemma! M preference would be to never see either of them in a Hibs strip again.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if Scott's not on the pitch then I'd go for Paul Hanlon. He's taken penalties in every shoot out when he's been on the pitch and as far as I can remember he's scored the lot.
    Oh no, not Paul.

    Can you imagine the ghouls on here should he miss one. I'm sure he's got the balls to take them, I just don't think he needs the potential grief.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,285
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeez...there's a dilemma! M preference would be to never see either of them in a Hibs strip again.
    That's fair enough, but you MUST CHOOSE ONE.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved