hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Docherty

Docherty

Thought he was outstanding tonight. Been very very impressed with the lad since he came here. Certainly one Hibs should be trying very very hard to tie up on a permenant move...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by the tornadoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was outstanding tonight. Been very very impressed with the lad since he came here. Certainly one Hibs should be trying very very hard to tie up on a permenant move...
    He will be a top player for us.... he's hardly had any games but looks like he's been playing regularly. Terrific prospect

Left by mutual consent!
    The sad part about rangers completely self combusting is that Gerrard will either be punted or want him back come the summer.

He’s an outstanding footballer.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    The sad part about rangers completely self combusting is that Gerrard will either be punted or want him back come the summer.

Or someone else will buy him. Looks the complete package and can’t believe the Huns sent him out on loan.

As good as I think Docherty is I don’t see him ever been seen as ‘the answer’ to Rangers problems.

If they decide guys like Jack, Arfield and Davis aren’t up to scratch I think they would look elsewhere to replace them. He could be a good squad player for them but is that what HE needs at this point?

Jumping ahead of myself but I see possibilities of this becoming permanent. It seems a great fit all round- the boy himself has a great attitude and seems delighted to be here which is fantastic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Or someone else will buy him. Looks the complete package and can’t believe the Huns sent him out on loan.
    Unfortunately, yeah. If we could somehow swap him for Kamberi right now to swap in the summer I would gladly want Flo’ to start rattling the goals in for them. Why he hasn’t been given a chance by then is baffling.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    As good as I think Docherty is I don’t see him ever been seen as ‘the answer’ to Rangers problems.

If they decide guys like Jack, Arfield and Davis aren’t up to scratch I think they would look elsewhere to replace them. He could be a good squad player for them but is that what HE needs at this point?

Jumping ahead of myself but I see possibilities of this becoming permanent. It seems a great fit all round- the boy himself has a great attitude and seems delighted to be here which is fantastic.
    I think if he was given time in the way Jack and Arfield was he would be their best midfielder. He stood out down south and should be in all honestly playing a higher level there.

I think if he was given time in the way Jack and Arfield was he would be their best midfielder. He stood out down south and should be in all honestly playing a higher level there.
    They’ll be in full panic mode spending loads to try and stop 10 in a row in the summer, I’d be surprised if Docherty gets a chance. We just need to hope he enjoys it here which might give us an advantage in getting him back

You could be right - he looks good enough, but that lot will be panicking about 10 in a row and I just can’t see it shaking out like that.

Being the main man at Hibs is probably quite an attractive career prospect for a 23 year old Scot if the money is right.

Really need flo to start hitting form for them. Swap deal would be incredible business for us

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Really need flo to start hitting form for them. Swap deal would be incredible business for us
    Unfortunately he’s not going to get anything more than wee 10/15 minute spells for them off the bench. Probably even less when Defoe is back from injury.

Unfortunately, yeah. If we could somehow swap him for Kamberi right now to swap in the summer I would gladly want Flo’ to start rattling the goals in for them. Why he hasn’t been given a chance by then is baffling.
    Maybe Gerrard has seen his first touch in training and doesn’t think he fits their style of play as yet or others are better suited
    But seems crazy just to leave him on bench when they aren’t scoring a lot or winning
    Title race now over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Was good last night but didn’t have him down as my MOM, I actually thought Slivka was the main man in midfield. Slivka’s problem is keeping that level of consistency where you just know Docherty will give a good performance most weeks.

The Huns have blown their shot now. Gerard will be off next season as he won’t accept the reduced budget they’ll operate at next term. I think a lot of their high earners will be away and therefore Doherty might end up back there. Obviously I hope not. I can see Flo, after a bright start, being a hated figure there and taking the flak for the club’s financial decline under some Stuart McCallesque figure at the helm.

Boy is a player and encouraging that he's one Ross had identified and asked the recruitment team to get. I'm reluctant to say it but we've got a right good side at the moment

Think he is a cracking player. Problem is, the better he plays, the less chance we have of getting him on a permanent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Think he is a cracking player. Problem is, the better he plays, the less chance we have of getting him on a permanent deal.
    For some strange reason he isn’t getting anywhere near the rangers squad. The guy has to play every week. I know he’s a big rangers fan and wants to make it at Ibrox but surely he is better playing every week. Rangers struggling for money and I think would want to offload fringe players in the summer

This boy is top notch.

I just can’t see us being able to rustle up the cash or him bring interested in a permanent move. Hope I’m wrong.

There’s still a bit of me that doesn’t like doing business with Rangers, but they can lend us players like Docherty any time they like.

For some strange reason he isn’t getting anywhere near the rangers squad. The guy has to play every week. I know he’s a big rangers fan and wants to make it at Ibrox but surely he is better playing every week. Rangers struggling for money and I think would want to offload fringe players in the summer
    I agree with what your saying. The problem will be that other clubs will be in for him and will most likely offer more money.

If Rangers have the option to buy Kamberi at a price already agreed then hopefully we've done the same with Docherty.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Movement was 1st class, top player

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Wont happen. I doubt he’ll even start a game. 5 or 6 sub appearances will be the extent of his contribution I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Wont happen. I doubt he’ll even start a game. 5 or 6 sub appearances will be the extent of his contribution I reckon.
    Aye but he’s brilliant at interviews so that must count?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yeah, 2 goals and 10 sub appearances all in was my guess when he moved and it remains so.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I wanted us to sign him from Hamilton (and I believe we at least enquired about him) before he went to the Huns.

He gives us a level of energy in midfield that drives the team forward, which is what we've been crying out for since John McGinn left. He is also a good footballer which is always a bonus.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member
    I would be delighted to keep him beyond the summer but think there will be clubs with deeper pockets than us after him.

As much as it pains me ideal scenario is Kamberi to do well and then we agree a swap with Sevco.

If that doesn't happen then I hope he's one we push the boat out for as he's still young and could give us a few good years plus a healthy transfer fee.

For me his pass to Allan for the first goal is very underrated.

Whilst it’s a straight forward pass, how quick he saw it and played it at pace allowed Allan to be free in the middle of the park and release that exquisites pass

We need players who can see a pass and play it quickly to Allan as when he’s free, it’s only for a couple of seconds then someone picks him up.

Looks excellent and I hope we can pull something off to keep him but I don't see it sadly. If I was Gerrard he would be in my squad next season no doubt at all, sometimes that fresh injection of youth can revitalise a team especially if you have Steven Davis and Scott Arfield in it.

@hibs.net private member
    Very good signing as most would have predicted. Doubt we will get him signed permanently but we need a player like that if it isn't him

Very impressed with him and liked to see him celebrating the goals last night.

Would be a great signing if we can afford him.