hibs.net Messageboard

 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55

Thread: Oli Shaw

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,580
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didnít say he was championship level 😉 A wee loan stint at a lower League club could have been the makings of him . Didnít do any harm to Deeks and Garry O .
    You did really. Suggested that he isnít going to get enough game time at Ross County and that he should have gone to the Championship to play more often.

    That says he is Championship level.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,285
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jimmy ORourke tae


    Judas
    😁
    Did he? Cannae remember that one.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    8,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he? Cannae remember that one.
    HIBS 0 v 1 St Johnstone

    Scorer: ORourke

    28/9/1974

    Source: www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 14-02-2020 at 05:32 PM.

  5. #34
    First Team Breakthrough scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never really understood clapping an opposition coming onto the pitch. By all means clap them going off or at the end of a match but each to their own.

    Nothing at all against Shaw either by the way, I hope he does well up there.
    Not having a go in any shape or form but personally I just think that itís nice to be nice - especially to a young dude who we would allstill like to see do well (apart from the obvious) We can still welcome him on to the pitch whilst being comforted with the knowledge that he would be ďmanagedĒ (not violently) by our boys on the park.

    On the other hand if Kamberi comes back and struts on to the pitch as a sub then I reserve the right to froth at the mouth alongside you and many others 😂

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    61
    Posts
    20,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You did really. Suggested that he isnít going to get enough game time at Ross County and that he should have gone to the Championship to play more often.

    That says he is Championship level.
    I think he was suggesting a season loan in the Championship instead of Ross Co.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    58
    Posts
    31,018
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he was suggesting a season loan in the Championship instead of Ross Co.
    Thatís what Hibs wanted. Unfortunately Oli wanted away as he was fed up waiting for his opportunity, and his career was stalling greatly

    Doesnít help our youth set up, when we had 3 Head Coaches in 2019, and they all had different ideas on players

    Lennon generally gave some of the young ones a chance. Hecky wasnít interested in the young lads
    Jack Ross looks like he wants to give some of the young lads a chance. Most apart from Murray, Hammer and Block are out on loan, so these are the only ones he can use

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    60
    Posts
    50,896
    Players have to take their chances, and make it impossible for their manager to either leave them out, or give them game time.

    Shaw had stalled, and other players from the year behind and the likes have to be given the same chances.

    Shaw had his chance, he did ok at times but i'd imagine he's seen for himself that there are better in front of him, and others with potential coming up behind him.

    Hope he does well for County, especially against the gunts, but we cant keep them all, and it is a balancing act that he unfortunately tipped the wrong way.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    61
    Posts
    20,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís what Hibs wanted. Unfortunately Oli wanted away as he was fed up waiting for his opportunity, and his career was stalling greatly

    Doesnít help our youth set up, when we had 3 Head Coaches in 2019, and they all had different ideas on players

    Lennon generally gave some of the young ones a chance. Hecky wasnít interested in the young lads
    Jack Ross looks like he wants to give some of the young lads a chance. Most apart from Murray, Hammer and Block are out on loan, so these are the only ones he can use
    👍

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    mayfield
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,785
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You did really. Suggested that he isnít going to get enough game time at Ross County and that he should have gone to the Championship to play more often.

    That says he is Championship level.
    Nae bother 😉you have made your mind up and Iím out . Ps your wrong 😉
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

  11. #40
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburghshire
    Age
    48
    Posts
    541
    Young laddie who gave his all for us, moved on for football reasons and left in a professional respectful manner, he deserves our acknowledgment. Shame other more seasons "pro's" dont have the same class about them.

  12. #41
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Young laddie who gave his all for us, moved on for football reasons and left in a professional respectful manner, he deserves our acknowledgment. Shame other more seasons "pro's" dont have the same class about them.



    Good luck to him, with obligatory *hope he doesnít come back to haunt us* qualification.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,580
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he was suggesting a season loan in the Championship instead of Ross Co.
    So at championship level then?

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,580
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nae bother 😉you have made your mind up and Iím out . Ps your wrong 😉
    I wasnít making any judgement. You were saying he should be playing in the championship just now.

    My main point was that you started by saying Heckingbottom didnít give him a chance but that he should now be playing in the championship for games. Those 2 things donít make sense. He canít get a chance at Hibs if he is currently at the stage where the championship is the only place you can see him getting game time.

  15. #44
    What's the point in Oli going from one bench to another, a loan or permanent move to a championship side....or any team where he'd be given more regular football would've surely benefitted him more.

  16. #45
    First Team Breakthrough 0762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    466
    Oli got my applause midweek. Only issue was he wanted game time which he wasn't getting at Easter Road.
    If he's not going to get it with us best thing is he moves on to someone else. Wish him well but obviously not when playing Hibs!!

  17. #46
    Wish the lad well and he got warm applause from me when he came on. Am still firmly of the opinion he had chances at Hibs and never quite took them, especially under Lennon. Never really got a shot under Hecky. I'm a bit disappointed for him that he doesnt seem to be getting much game time up there...hope he hasn't made the wrong move as if hes not starting now when their main striker is injured, it's a concern for him.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    8,384
    Oli deserved his round of applause midweek for his service to our club

    Every hibby wanted him to do well any time he got a chance but he just did not seem to improve and move up to the next level

    I often ask myself if things might have worked out differently if the goal that never was was allowed to stand at Tiny?

    Even Jack Ross did not know he had been sold and gave Oli a big slap on the back for his efforts at the end

    Good luck Oli I hope you have a great career

  19. #48
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeez, the laddie came through our academy system and has left to get more football, it's a sign of respect when they return for their 1st game, he won't get an applause like that in his next game.
    Jeez, like I said each to their own. Clap him or don't clap him. Personally I find it a bit patronising, I don't think many people would have clapped him if Ross County had been 2-0 up at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeez, I knew at least one would bring this up. How are you meant to show appreciation to an individual at full time? The appreciation was given at the appropriate time. The boy knew it was for him. Disappointing response from you imo.
    You knew someone would bring it up because it's a legitimate point. Like I said above I really couldn't care less who you clap so feel free but like I said above, I felt it was patronising due to the scoreline at the time. At full time you could clap him as he goes off the pitch, shout his name or hold up one of these "Oli Shaw, can I have your shirt?" pieces of cardboard that people have started taking to games. Lots of ways to show your appreciation.

    Disappointing response? Give me a break!

    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not having a go in any shape or form but personally I just think that itís nice to be nice - especially to a young dude who we would allstill like to see do well (apart from the obvious) We can still welcome him on to the pitch whilst being comforted with the knowledge that he would be ďmanagedĒ (not violently) by our boys on the park.

    On the other hand if Kamberi comes back and struts on to the pitch as a sub then I reserve the right to froth at the mouth alongside you and many others 😂
    Fair enough thanks for making your point in a fair way.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    61
    Posts
    20,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So at championship level then?
    You're just not grasping this are you. No one has suggested he's Championship level but at the start of the season a season loan to a club there would've been good for his development, similar to Gullan who's improved by having a half season at Raith. Sitting on the bench weekly doesn't help the laddie get better, playing does, if after a season loan he hadn't improved, then you could justifiably moved him on but he wasn't gett the chance. But on you go Andy, keep pushing this Championship player line, I know you'll not let it go.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HIBS 0 v 1 St Johnstone

    Scorer: ORourke

    28/9/1974

    Source: www.fitbastats.com
    Remember that. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Been done to death but Turnbull let him go way too early.
    GG

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8,644
    Lot of dialogue about this applause, it being something that one correspondent couldnít care less about.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    8,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember that. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Been done to death but Turnbull let him go way too early.
    GG
    Yip!

    Waved to the crowd before Kick Off he was the St Johnstone captain IIRC

    Hibs just couldnae take their chances we needed him at the other end to pop a couple in

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    58
    Posts
    31,018
    Starting today for County

  25. #54
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    12,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember that. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Been done to death but Turnbull let him go way too early.
    GG
    Turnbull made a fair few errors.

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,285
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HIBS 0 v 1 St Johnstone

    Scorer: ORourke

    28/9/1974

    Source: www.fitbastats.com
    God...i HAD forgotten...🤫🤫
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved