hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 6

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to secure top 6, and then we can start to think about Aberdeen/Motherwell.

It’s ridiculously tight between us, St Johnstone and Killie for 6th spot. 3 points between 6th and 8th. They are both in good form. Gonna be one hell of a ride.

Will we do it?

We need to keep winning to make sure Killie and Saints don’t catch us, and if we do that we put maximum pressure on the teams above us. So really, there is no difference.

The 8 point gap to Aberdeen and Well is not insurmountable but it won’t be easy to close the gap.

Still, reasons to be cheerful: JR and JP are well settled in now and the squad looks stronger than it did for the first half of the season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bottom line is we need to turn up for every game and put maximum effort in we can't afford any half erased performances from some individuals ...majority have had more than half a season playing in spells and not putting it in that now it's coming down to the wire to get into the top 6 ...lot of pressure on JR to get team selections right as well and hopefully to have key players fit and playing every week ...I have to say that I am concerned that we are going to get pipped at the post ...by one of the other 2 ...just not sure we enough at times at the back ..and Rocky while a great shot stopper gives me nightmares with the ball at his feet and everyone a cross ball comes into the 6 yard box ...anyway we shall see it's gonna be one hell of a 6 weeks or so !!

Long way from being certain that we make top 6 - other teams will not give us as much space and time on the ball as RC did last night, our defence needs to improve dramatically, our goal scoring ability seems to have improved greatly however, so it is not impossible for us to do it, but we will need to work really hard to achieve it ...

Would we rather end in top six

OR

end up in bottom six and relegate the hertz?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post

OR

Don't care about the relative difference in form and personell between the teams, I would NEVER trust Hibs to win a relegation derby.

Also, Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post

OR

Not interested in relegating them, we need to be in the top 6.

I think Livi will be part of the battle for top six. So four teams for two spots. I also think from the four we r currently favs for one of those spots but depends on injuries etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Huge game on Sunday now. Would take a draw right now if offered. The 3 home games against Livi, St J & Hearts are must wins. Anything less than 9 points won’t be good enough especially with tough away trips to Celtic & Aberdeen coming up before the split.
    Probably wont make much of a difference but the pre split game v Celtic is at Easter Road!