hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By calling me what you did ( was there really any need for that) shows to me you do not understand the point i am making.
    The point you are making is crap though.

Someone signing for them is not condoning anything about their history, that's just hyperbole on your part.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Well this is a reasoned reply put in
    an educated civil manner.This is what debating a point is about and how Hibs net should be like.There is no place for aggressive abuse like the previous reply just because you disagree with someone's point of view.
    Not so much my disagreement with your post it was the language - KKK, anti-catholic etc have no place in posts relating to HFC.

There you have it in a "civil manner" and hopefully you will refrain from using HFC in the context above in future, that is NOT Hibs!

Hibs is a club for everybody it does not matter your religion,colour,background or sexuality.We should all be proud of this.But we should still be able to call out clubs that do not have our modern openness to all.You cannot ignore these things in a modern 21st Century Scotland.Thats all I am saying and may i add socially and historically it was the Hibs way to fight injustice.

KT is a Hibs Supporter. Met him in hospitality and he also comes across as a good bloke

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

KT made us a lot of money, played for the club for free and played a big part in us winning the Scottish Cup. He's fine by me

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hibs is a club for everybody it does not matter your religion,colour,background or sexuality.We should all be proud of this.But we should still be able to call out clubs that do not have our modern openness to all.You cannot ignore these things in a modern 21st Century Scotland.Thats all I am saying and may i add socially and historically it was the Hibs way to fight injustice.
    Pretty sure every club in the country would say they are a club for everybody no matter their religion, colour, background or sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    I can can safely say KT has done more for HFC than you ever have and you are the joke!

Don’t get the anti KT stuff at all.
    Away and boil your head who do you think you're talking to?

If you don't like opposing points of view, perhaps a fans forum's not quite for you.

Someone go and just ask Kevin Thomson if he supports Hibs? Might save us another 3 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

If you don't like opposing points of view, perhaps a fans forum's not quite for you.
    Not nice when someone questions your love for the club is it?

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Not nice when someone questions your love for the club is it?
    I'm determined not to contribute to a thread that descends into a slanging match as I always find that really sad.

I've had my say, which I'm entitled to have and many others have had theirs, which they're also entitled to have. I doubt anyone from either viewpoint will shift from their position so I'll bow out now and leave those who wish to continue talking about Kevin Thomson and Chris Sutton to do so.

I'm determined not to contribute to a thread that descends into a slanging match as I always find that really sad.

I've had my say, which I'm entitled to have and many others have had theirs, which they're also entitled to have. I doubt anyone from either viewpoint will shift from their position so I'll bow out now and leave those who wish to continue talking about Kevin Thomson and Chris Sutton to do so.
    Strange because you commented by slagging off Thomson and his well known Hibs mindedness.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Strange because you commented by slagging off Thomson and his well known Hibs mindedness.
    But then I suppose SDG could just say he didn't slag him off at all, that someone else did it and made out like it was him? That would be very apt on a Kevin Thomson thread...

Ah the keyboard warrior that does not like conflicts, strange guy!

Dont tel people to go and boil ........ looking for a reaction, do one.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Good wee clip with Si Ferry

defo a Hibby

https://youtu.be/Fkmm0E_qgm8
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 14-02-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Ah the keyboard warrior that does not like conflicts, strange guy!

Dont tel people to go and boil ........ looking for a reaction, do one.
    Whoever pulls out the “keyboard warrior” card first loses the argument. Thats the internet rules.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Whoever pulls out the “keyboard warrior” card first loses the argument. Thats the internet rules.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Thats me beat then

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It’s not really, I know hibs fans who openly celebrate Celtic winning the league, cups, and old firm goals. A number of years ago we were in behind the goals when Celtic scored against rangers and the cheers would be enough to make you sick. Games that have absolutely no bearing on hibs, and celebrating is nauseating. Couldn’t care less who wins old firm games nor who wins the league. Look at Scott brown, almost universally respected by hibs support, whereas Thomson has taken some outrageous levels of abuse.
    If I was in BTG and Celtic scored v The Rangers I'd cheer. Same as I would if Motherwell, Brechin, or Back Green Wanderers scored against The Huns.

As for Thomson - he's a professional footballer, and joined a team he'd probably had no time for previously to enhance his career. Notwithstanding the comments at the time which have been debated ad nauseam, I think he's done enough since his Ibrox days to leave no-one in any doubt that he's a Hibby and always will be. I've plenty time for the guy.

I was delighted when Killie beat the huns the other night, in spite of it being a bad result for Hibs.

The huns are a loathsome club, their questionable sourcing of cash to stop 10 in a row may well lead to them dying again, something that would be a great outcome for Scotland and Hibs. I’d happily cheer a Celtic goal against them without having even a shred of fondness for Celtic and I was even happy that Hearts beat them.

I respect the fact that KT will fonder feelings for Rangers having played for them, and I’m willing to overlook that given what he did in a Hibs shirt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thomson is still a confused wee laddie. Any 'Hibby' who has a soft spot or prefers Rangers is a bit weird imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Thomson is still a confused wee laddie. Any 'Hibby' who has a soft spot or prefers Rangers is a bit weird imo.
    Likewise any ‘Hibby’ who has a soft spot or preference for Celtic. The sort that you’d see with a half and half scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    That's nonsense......I don't know any Hibs fans having a soft spot for other Scottish teams
    Lol. Read the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    How many non-Hibs supporting players have the payed for the club then developed a soft spot for us?

Kevin Thomson’s “Hibsness” Seems to be a two or three thread a year topic on here, and it seems to boil down to those that sort of know the guy vouching for his Hibs supporting credentials, and those that don’t simply not accepting it. If I didn’t know him myself personally then I’d more than likely be be non acceptance camp.
    Wtf are you trying to say? Very strange post.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Wtf are you trying to say? Very strange post.
    It reads to me like if you know Thommo or his friends or have been in his company you will know he’s a Hibee. If not it’s understandable to think he’s turned into a hun (something I don’t agree with as playing for free and paying for season tickets shows different) The first part could be based on comments on players who play for us going “he gets us”’or similar. Best example could be Scotty Allan, he supports the huns. Do you think he, when away from Hibs he doesn’t look out for our results? He will want us to pump hearts every single time we play, shouldn’t a hun fan want hearts to beat us fenian *******s?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    KT made us a lot of money, played for the club for free and played a big part in us winning the Scottish Cup. He's fine by me
    100%

Thompson is a Kevin Thompson fan first and foremost and anything he has done throughout his career from helping his "poverty stricken mum" to playing for Hibs for "free" has been to benefit Kevin Thompson.

I don't have any problem with that in the slightest and accept without question he is a Hibs fan who knows exactly which employer "butters his bread" at the moment.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 15-02-2020 at 11:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Sure Thomson was in the hibs end at the cup final against them if that doesn't prove hes a hibby dont know what does.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Thompson is a Kevin Thompson fan first and foremost and anything he has done throughout his career from helping his "poverty stricken mum" to playing for Hibs for "free" has been to benefit Kevin Thompson.

I don't have any problem with that in the slightest and accept without question he is a Hibs fan who knows exactly which employer "butters his bread" at the moment.
    His name is Kevin Thomson.

How was playing for “free” (wtf does that mean exactly) benefit him? He came up the road and had other offers but came back to Hibernian and played for nothing or something like £5 a week until the summer.

When was his mother ever poverty stricken either? He was honest and said he wanted to make a lot money to pay back what his parents had done for him, the irony is he was speaking or saying that when he thought he was joining Celtic.

Can't believe this thread is still going. The boy IS a Hibee, end off. IF and yeah it was/is a big if, i played for us and was on 1k/2k a week and then der hun came in for me offering 10k per week then sorry, I'm taking it. Tell you what, if hearts came in offering £5k per week, I'm taking it. Some people really do need a reality check FFS.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    Sure Thomson was in the hibs end at the cup final against them if that doesn't prove hes a hibby dont know what does.
    Unused squad member

Sat in the Centre Stand with his HIBS jaicket oan

IIRC was full of Huns

Probably got a Complimentary

Lucky bassa!