hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Met Kevin Thomson and he seems a nice guy who is a Hibby.My problem with all players that sign for Rangers is that they are turning a blind eye for money reasons to what Rangers historically stand for.That is the hatred of catholics and especially Irish catholics.So by signing for them they are condoning what Rangers have stood for over the years.Just listen to there songs.To fully understand what i am talking about you have to be from my background.As someone once said to be "If there was such a team as Kul Klux Klan United would you expect a black/coloured man to support them"??? I

Jesus, there are some toss e Rs among our support!!

KT is a Hibby, wore the green and played well for us. transferred to Hun fc for very good money to HFC some cr ap in paper put there by his dodgy agent and he cops a load of flack.

KT played a role in our 2016 cup run and don’t forget became back and played for FREE, get a life!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Jesus, there are some toss e Rs among our support!!

KT is a Hibby, wore the green and played well for us. transferred to Hun fc for very good money to HFC some cr ap in paper put there by his dodgy agent and he cops a load of flack.

KT played a role in our 2016 cup run and don’t forget became back and played for FREE, get a life!
    By calling me what you did ( was there really any need for that) shows to me you do not understand the point i am making.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Met Kevin Thomson and he seems a nice guy who is a Hibby.My problem with all players that sign for Rangers is that they are turning a blind eye for money reasons to what Rangers historically stand for.That is the hatred of catholics and especially Irish catholics.So by signing for them they are condoning what Rangers have stood for over the years.Just listen to there songs.To fully understand what i am talking about you have to be from my background.As someone once said to be "If there was such a team as Kul Klux Klan United would you expect a black/coloured man to support them"??? I
    It's a job.

My mate is a pneumatics engineer, works for Caterpillar (CAT) in the North East of England. The parent company gives heavily discounted(virtually free) tanks to the Israelis, who in turn use to demolish Palestinian settlements.

Is my mate condoning this modern day apartheid, is he himself an anti-arab?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    It's a job.

My mate is a pneumatics engineer, works for Caterpillar (CAT) in the North East of England. The parent company gives heavily discounted(virtually free) tanks to the Israelis, who in turn use to demolish Palestinian settlements.

Well this is a reasoned reply put in
    an educated civil manner.This is what debating a point is about and how Hibs net should be like.There is no place for aggressive abuse like the previous reply just because you disagree with someone's point of view.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Headed off the line at the PBS in 2016. He's OK in my book.

No cup final without that clearance so he's OK in my book too. Let he (or she) without blame cast the first stone.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    It's a job.

He might not be doing anything explicitly, but it seems that he would have to be turning a blind eye to some extent?

I’m sure he claims to be a hibs fan, but to be so glowing in your love for rangers 100% affects the loyalty to hibs. I don’t care enough that he likes rangers he was good for us and talks about us well but anyone who refers to rangers as “the teddy bears” is not a through and through hibs fan

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    I’m sure he claims to be a hibs fan, but to be so glowing in your love for rangers 100% affects the loyalty to hibs. I don’t care enough that he likes rangers he was good for us and talks about us well but anyone who refers to rangers as “the teddy bears” is not a through and through hibs fan
    He doesn't have to CLAIM he's a Hibs fan because he friggin well IS a Hibs fan ---------- and was long before he signed for us and will continue to be for the rest of his life.

Leigh Griffiths now professes his love for Celtic, even to the extent he regular kisses the badge on his jersey , is he still a Hibby I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    He’s a rangers employee, it’s hardly difficult to understand. It’s his biggest potential for a route into a top level club in a coaching capacity, of course he’s going to sook up to them.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    KT made some ill advised comments about moving to the Huns 13 years ago and for some on here that is enough to hang him out to dry forever. He’s not perfect but nobody is, however his 3 spells at the club and his undoubted affection for Hibs is more than enough for me and many others. His headed clearance off the line at Tynecastle helped us to the greatest day in our modern history and for that in itself I’ll be eternally grateful.

Kevin's a top bloke and still a massive Hibby, was meant to sign for Celtic but last minute he went to Rangers, he'd jump at the chance to coach here.

@hibs.net private member
    Thomson is a Hibs fan. I wonder if he had moved to Celtic and preferred them over Rangers there would be the same reaction here. We seem to have plenty supporters that have a soft spot for Celtic, but that doesn’t mean they’re not Hibs supporters.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Huge Hibs fan.

He came back and played for us for no pay.

What’s your story?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I wouldn't expect him to diss his employer. It's his behaviour not just during his employment with Sevco but also after it that I'm questioning.

I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.

I refer you to the reply I gave above: he returned to play for us for no pay.

What’s your problem?

Can we not just enjoy the fact that the rent-a-hun they turn to to balance stuff up on tv is actually a hibby? A proper one, a grew up supporting the club, bringing his kids up as fans, had 3 spells at the club, contributed to the finest trophy win in our club’s history one who doesn’t just say he’d play for us for nothing but actually did it?

Aye, but Sevco. It’s particularly mean-spirited to hold that against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Thomson is a Hibs fan. I wonder if he had moved to Celtic and preferred them over Rangers there would be the same reaction here. We seem to have plenty supporters that have a soft spot for Celtic, but that doesn’t mean they’re not Hibs supporters.
    That's nonsense......I don't know any Hibs fans having a soft spot for other Scottish teams
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    It wouldn't have made any difference to me. I've made no secret of how much I despise Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He came back and played for us for no pay.

What’s your story?

Zing!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    That's nonsense......I don't know any Hibs fans having a soft spot for other Scottish teams
    Got to agree, nearly all my family and friends are Hbs fans and none if them have a soft spot for Celtic, an almost laughable suggestion really. We may dislike them slightly less than the Hun, for reasons that have been discussed many times on here, but that doesn’t equal a soft spot.

As for Thomson, he’s given to Hibs what we can only dream of. The guy should be respected for what he is, a Hibs man operating in a professional sporting environment, end of story.

It’s not really, I know hibs fans who openly celebrate Celtic winning the league, cups, and old firm goals. A number of years ago we were in behind the goals when Celtic scored against rangers and the cheers would be enough to make you sick. Games that have absolutely no bearing on hibs, and celebrating is nauseating. Couldn’t care less who wins old firm games nor who wins the league. Look at Scott brown, almost universally respected by hibs support, whereas Thomson has taken some outrageous levels of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by LNHibs View Post
    The guys a Hibs fan through and through and I couldn’t care less if he bigs up Rangers. We’ve had dozens of players play for us that hold us in high regard but probably support another team.
    Just like Flo then

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    How many non-Hibs supporting players have the payed for the club then developed a soft spot for us?

Kevin Thomson’s “Hibsness” Seems to be a two or three thread a year topic on here, and it seems to boil down to those that sort of know the guy vouching for his Hibs supporting credentials, and those that don’t simply not accepting it. If I didn’t know him myself personally then I’d more than likely be be non acceptance camp.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    How many non-Hibs supporting players have the payed for the club then developed a soft spot for us?

Kevin Thomson’s “Hibsness” Seems to be a two or three thread a year topic on here, and it seems to boil down to those that sort of know the guy vouching for his Hibs supporting credentials, and those that don’t simply not accepting it. If I didn’t know him myself personally then I’d more than likely be be non acceptance camp.
    Strange reply. I’ve never met Thomson, but there are plenty interviews out there that many of us have watched where the guy discusses his career.

Left by mutual consent!
    Griffiths?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Kevin's a top bloke and still a massive Hibby, was meant to sign for Celtic but last minute he went to Rangers, he'd jump at the chance to coach here.
    Correct 👍

By calling me what you did ( was there really any need for that) shows to me you do not understand the point i am making.
    Sorry, I am a football fan and have no interest in KKK or the other stuff you used in your post when referring to a very good player who wore the green and made the club he supports quite a bit of money. He has done nothing wrong.

If you want to talk about KKK and Ireland etc go somewhere else please.

I'll crack the jokes!

I can can safely say KT has done more for HFC than you ever have and you are the joke!

Don’t get the anti KT stuff at all.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Just like Flo then

Flo's not, and never was, a Hibs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    I can can safely say KT has done more for HFC than you ever have and you are the joke!

Don’t get the anti KT stuff at all.
    Totally don't get it either. If you watch his podcast with si ferry he is Frank and honest and said he had no hesitation in his laddie signing for Hibs. Sevco is his job,Hibs is his team. Not difficult to understand. Leigh and Scotty's day job is Celtic but both still come to our cup games if they can. Mcburnie did it recently too. One of the best midfielders we've had as well. It's up to us to offer him a job. Whittaker is at er so can't see why Tommo can't be in a coaching capacity. I'm sure he'd love to coach his laddie. Any dad would love to do that.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll crack the jokes!
    Feel free to start.