hibs.net Messageboard

 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 114 of 114
  1. #91
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Away and boil your head who do you think you're talking to?

    If you don't like opposing points of view, perhaps a fans forum's not quite for you.




    Sounds like you're confusing yourself with your username.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But then I suppose SDG could just say he didn't slag him off at all, that someone else did it and made out like it was him? That would be very apt on a Kevin Thomson thread...

  4. #93
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    borders
    Age
    70
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone go and just ask Kevin Thomson if he supports Hibs? Might save us another 3 pages
    Don't bother Kevin just ask me

  5. #94
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,584
    Thomson blocked a shot on the line in the last minute of the 2-2 game at Tynie. Player an important part in us winning the cup. He's a good egg and one of us.

  6. #95
    First Team Regular hibbiedon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

    Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

    He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot
    well said he is a genuine good guy and still a Hibs fan

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

    Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

    He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot

    well said !

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Easter Road
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thomson blocked a shot on the line in the last minute of the 2-2 game at Tynie. Player an important part in us winning the cup. He's a good egg and one of us.
    He did indeed, infact I recon him coming on that day turned the gane in our favour, he controlled the midfield and constantly pushed us on, some might think that it was the superb performance of Stokes that one us the cup, but theres a bit more to it than that IMO many unsung hero's and KT is certainly one of them.

  9. #98
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    66
    Posts
    11,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.
    he certainly does have a fanny way of showing it.

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,341
    He always has been a Hibs fan despite what some on here think.

    He played for us for nothing.

    I think one of his kids is playing for a Hibs youth team?

    He left Hibs to go to Rangers as a young man to secure his future, has stated on more than one occasion that he didnt sanction the "walk along the M8 on broken glass" article - it was his agent playing silly buggers.

    Not sure what else can be said?

    He is a Hibs fan who happens to have played for, and currently earns his living at, Rangers.

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,873
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He always has been a Hibs fan despite what some on here think.

    He played for us for nothing.

    I think one of his kids is playing for a Hibs youth team?

    He left Hibs to go to Rangers as a young man to secure his future, has stated on more than one occasion that he didnt sanction the "walk along the M8 on broken glass" article - it was his agent playing silly buggers.

    Not sure what else can be said?

    He is a Hibs fan who happens to have played for, and currently earns his living at, Rangers.
    That was nothing to do with his agent.

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    28,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was nothing to do with his agent.
    I think it would be naive imo not to think McKay was in cahoots with Jackshun.

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,873
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it would be naive imo not to think McKay was in cahoots with Jackshun.
    KT was working for the DR and was in direct contact. I think too much has been made of what was printed, but I think KT screwed that up himself without any input from McKay.

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KT was working for the DR and was in direct contact. I think too much has been made of what was printed, but I think KT screwed that up himself without any input from McKay.
    With respect, you're wrong on this one.

    KT only wanted to play football, he's older and more experienced now and I bet he now goes over with a fine toothcomb what so called journalists (rabble rousers) are likely to write about him.

  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    4,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was nothing to do with his agent.
    Done to death. Thomson claims he was stitched up. There are several interviews with KT where he talks very well about his passion for Hibs, his naivety and misplaced trust in agents and his regrets over the ways the crawl along the M8 stuff was presented.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With respect, you're wrong on this one.

    KT only wanted to play football, he's older and more experienced now and I bet he now goes over with a fine toothcomb what so called journalists (rabble rousers) are likely to write about him.
    How am I wrong?

    I watched an interview where he said what happened. Things he said in a rushed conversation with the DR on his mobile phone were maybe paraphrased, exaggerated, taken out of context or whatever - but he said them.

    And I've said nothing about his motives for moving (which I understand) and never once criticised him on or since his return to Hibs.

  17. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's nonsense......I don't know any Hibs fans having a soft spot for other Scottish teams
    there was a couple of page thread on this very subject last week.....

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    4,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How am I wrong?

    I watched an interview where he said what happened. Things he said in a rushed conversation with the DR on his mobile phone were maybe paraphrased, exaggerated, taken out of context or whatever - but he said them.

    And I've said nothing about his motives for moving (which I understand) and never once criticised him on or since his return to Hibs.
    So being paraphrased, taken out of context, exaggerated or whatever by the media doesnít matter?

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,873
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Done to death. Thomson claims he was stitched up. There are several interviews with KT where he talks very well about his passion for Hibs, his naivety and misplaced trust in agents and his regrets over the ways the crawl along the M8 stuff was presented.
    Fair enough, but he's never denied that it came from him. I'm not having a pop at KT, but he screwed up on that one.

    I think I'm allowed to say that, no?

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,873
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So being paraphrased, taken out of context, exaggerated or whatever by the media doesnít matter?
    Hindsight's a great thing, but he said what he said.

    He was being paid by the DR at the time and knows now that he should have been more careful.

  21. #110
    Coaching Staff Cropley10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Side, Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was delighted when Killie beat the huns the other night, in spite of it being a bad result for Hibs.

    The huns are a loathsome club, their questionable sourcing of cash to stop 10 in a row may well lead to them dying again, something that would be a great outcome for Scotland and Hibs. I’d happily cheer a Celtic goal against them without having even a shred of fondness for Celtic and I was even happy that Hearts beat them.

    I respect the fact that KT will fonder feelings for Rangers having played for them, and I’m willing to overlook that given what he did in a Hibs shirt.
    Great post. I support Hibernian and whoever Rangers are playing. The trouble with this is when they play Hearts. So while I certainly didn’t cheer I did give it a GIRFRY the other week!

    As for Kevin, there’s people on here with closed minds. He’s a Hibs man. End of.

  22. #111
    Coaching Staff Cropley10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Side, Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hindsight's a great thing, but he said what he said.

    He was being paid by the DR at the time and knows now that he should have been more careful.
    He was what 20? 21? Naive, badly advised, made a mistake?

    At least youíre consistent. You never fail to bring it up. Convinced by your own self-righteousness. How dreary. How dull.

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was what 20? 21? Naive, badly advised, made a mistake?

    At least youíre consistent. You never fail to bring it up. Convinced by your own self-righteousness. How dreary. How dull.
    I never fail to bring what up? At least you're consistent in talking pish as I'm not even sure I've posted about this before this thread.

    I haven't even had a go at him. Am I not even permitted to point out that he said what he said?

    Away and do one.

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    22,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hindsight's a great thing, but he said what he said.

    He was being paid by the DR at the time and knows now that he should have been more careful.
    Hibs could have put a stop to the interviews he was doing, I still have a few of the paper clippings from then up in the attic, Riordan done the column before KT and this is how it went down with Deek, sports journalist from the Record would phone him up and chat away for a bit on previous game and game ahead, and a few other questions would be asked about moving to other clubs and what was happening in his day to day life, before it went to press the club and Derek's agent were sent a copy in a email to be read so that he didn't say anything silly that would damage the club or him, most of it was signed off to be printed each column and Derek would get paid for it.

  25. #114
    First Team Breakthrough Gaffer1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    239
    Iíve known Kevin since he was 3 years old and he was a cocky little sh*t that had a swagger in his early years from mixing it at Hutchie V. Heís been a Hibee all his life albeit had a soft spot for Man Utd as a kid. I grew up on the same street as him and like me and a couple of others, rocked Hibs shirts.

    He works for Rangers but and no question enjoyed his time there as a player but heís a Hibs fan and and heís bringing his boys up to be Hibees too.

    The Peebles boys on the forum will vouch for this. Many know him and trust us when we say heís a Hibee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved