hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Away and boil your head who do you think you're talking to?

If you don't like opposing points of view, perhaps a fans forum's not quite for you.

Sounds like you're confusing yourself with your username.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    But then I suppose SDG could just say he didn't slag him off at all, that someone else did it and made out like it was him? That would be very apt on a Kevin Thomson thread...

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Someone go and just ask Kevin Thomson if he supports Hibs? Might save us another 3 pages
    Don't bother Kevin just ask me

Thomson blocked a shot on the line in the last minute of the 2-2 game at Tynie. Player an important part in us winning the cup. He's a good egg and one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot
    well said he is a genuine good guy and still a Hibs fan

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot

well said !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Thomson blocked a shot on the line in the last minute of the 2-2 game at Tynie. Player an important part in us winning the cup. He's a good egg and one of us.
    He did indeed, infact I recon him coming on that day turned the gane in our favour, he controlled the midfield and constantly pushed us on, some might think that it was the superb performance of Stokes that one us the cup, but theres a bit more to it than that IMO many unsung hero's and KT is certainly one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.
    he certainly does have a fanny way of showing it.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    He always has been a Hibs fan despite what some on here think.

He played for us for nothing.

I think one of his kids is playing for a Hibs youth team?

He left Hibs to go to Rangers as a young man to secure his future, has stated on more than one occasion that he didnt sanction the "walk along the M8 on broken glass" article - it was his agent playing silly buggers.

Not sure what else can be said?

He is a Hibs fan who happens to have played for, and currently earns his living at, Rangers.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    He always has been a Hibs fan despite what some on here think.

He played for us for nothing.

I think one of his kids is playing for a Hibs youth team?

He left Hibs to go to Rangers as a young man to secure his future, has stated on more than one occasion that he didnt sanction the "walk along the M8 on broken glass" article - it was his agent playing silly buggers.

Not sure what else can be said?

He is a Hibs fan who happens to have played for, and currently earns his living at, Rangers.
    That was nothing to do with his agent.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think it would be naive imo not to think McKay was in cahoots with Jackshun.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I think it would be naive imo not to think McKay was in cahoots with Jackshun.
    KT was working for the DR and was in direct contact. I think too much has been made of what was printed, but I think KT screwed that up himself without any input from McKay.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    KT was working for the DR and was in direct contact. I think too much has been made of what was printed, but I think KT screwed that up himself without any input from McKay.
    With respect, you're wrong on this one.

KT only wanted to play football, he's older and more experienced now and I bet he now goes over with a fine toothcomb what so called journalists (rabble rousers) are likely to write about him.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Done to death. Thomson claims he was stitched up. There are several interviews with KT where he talks very well about his passion for Hibs, his naivety and misplaced trust in agents and his regrets over the ways the crawl along the M8 stuff was presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    With respect, you're wrong on this one.

KT only wanted to play football, he's older and more experienced now and I bet he now goes over with a fine toothcomb what so called journalists (rabble rousers) are likely to write about him.
    How am I wrong?

I watched an interview where he said what happened. Things he said in a rushed conversation with the DR on his mobile phone were maybe paraphrased, exaggerated, taken out of context or whatever - but he said them.

And I've said nothing about his motives for moving (which I understand) and never once criticised him on or since his return to Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    That's nonsense......I don't know any Hibs fans having a soft spot for other Scottish teams
    there was a couple of page thread on this very subject last week.....

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    How am I wrong?

I watched an interview where he said what happened. Things he said in a rushed conversation with the DR on his mobile phone were maybe paraphrased, exaggerated, taken out of context or whatever - but he said them.

And I've said nothing about his motives for moving (which I understand) and never once criticised him on or since his return to Hibs.
    So being paraphrased, taken out of context, exaggerated or whatever by the media doesn’t matter?

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Done to death. Thomson claims he was stitched up. There are several interviews with KT where he talks very well about his passion for Hibs, his naivety and misplaced trust in agents and his regrets over the ways the crawl along the M8 stuff was presented.
    Fair enough, but he's never denied that it came from him. I'm not having a pop at KT, but he screwed up on that one.

I think I'm allowed to say that, no?

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    So being paraphrased, taken out of context, exaggerated or whatever by the media doesn’t matter?
    Hindsight's a great thing, but he said what he said.

He was being paid by the DR at the time and knows now that he should have been more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I was delighted when Killie beat the huns the other night, in spite of it being a bad result for Hibs.

The huns are a loathsome club, their questionable sourcing of cash to stop 10 in a row may well lead to them dying again, something that would be a great outcome for Scotland and Hibs. I’d happily cheer a Celtic goal against them without having even a shred of fondness for Celtic and I was even happy that Hearts beat them.

I respect the fact that KT will fonder feelings for Rangers having played for them, and I’m willing to overlook that given what he did in a Hibs shirt.
    Great post. I support Hibernian and whoever Rangers are playing. The trouble with this is when they play Hearts. So while I certainly didn’t cheer I did give it a GIRFRY the other week!

As for Kevin, there’s people on here with closed minds. He’s a Hibs man. End of.

He was being paid by the DR at the time and knows now that he should have been more careful.
    He was what 20? 21? Naive, badly advised, made a mistake?

At least you’re consistent. You never fail to bring it up. Convinced by your own self-righteousness. How dreary. How dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    He was what 20? 21? Naive, badly advised, made a mistake?

At least you’re consistent. You never fail to bring it up. Convinced by your own self-righteousness. How dreary. How dull.
    I never fail to bring what up? At least you're consistent in talking pish as I'm not even sure I've posted about this before this thread.

I haven't even had a go at him. Am I not even permitted to point out that he said what he said?

Away and do one.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Hibs could have put a stop to the interviews he was doing, I still have a few of the paper clippings from then up in the attic, Riordan done the column before KT and this is how it went down with Deek, sports journalist from the Record would phone him up and chat away for a bit on previous game and game ahead, and a few other questions would be asked about moving to other clubs and what was happening in his day to day life, before it went to press the club and Derek's agent were sent a copy in a email to be read so that he didn't say anything silly that would damage the club or him, most of it was signed off to be printed each column and Derek would get paid for it.

I’ve known Kevin since he was 3 years old and he was a cocky little sh*t that had a swagger in his early years from mixing it at Hutchie V. He’s been a Hibee all his life albeit had a soft spot for Man Utd as a kid. I grew up on the same street as him and like me and a couple of others, rocked Hibs shirts.

He works for Rangers but and no question enjoyed his time there as a player but he’s a Hibs fan and and he’s bringing his boys up to be Hibees too.

The Peebles boys on the forum will vouch for this. Many know him and trust us when we say he’s a Hibee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk