hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Stendel

Another brilliant example of professional football people who completely underestimate Scottish football and get their reputations burnt. This guy actually looked at our game up here and predicted his work would be easy. Big mistake and not convinced like others before he has what it takes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Daniel Stendel is the best thing to come out of Germany since Currywurst.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another brilliant example of professional football people who completely underestimate Scottish football and get their reputations burnt. This guy actually looked at our game up here and predicted his work would be easy. Big mistake and not convinced like others before he has what it takes.
    This guy hadn’t even heard of Hearts let alone know anything about Scottish football.

The fact the guy couldn’t even be bothered lying in his opening press conference says something about the guy.

It’s brilliant.

Incidentally I see from Jambos on Twitter it’s still Levein taking the blame for this. Were Hearts and Hibs not on the same points when our managers were sacked?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This guy hadn’t even heard of Hearts let alone know anything about Scottish football.

The fact the guy couldn’t even be bothered lying in his opening press conference says something about the guy.

It’s brilliant.

Incidentally I see from Jambos on Twitter it’s still Levein taking the blame for this. Were Hearts and Hibs not on the same points when our managers were sacked?
    Someone earlier said there was 1 point in it.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Not accoringing to my yam associates. Best young talent in the German league and they fought off some very big teams to get him.
    Nothing about his record screamed potential superstar. 22yrs old, playing in the German 4th division, where he’d only appeared in 9 games for around 450 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    I watched the Celtic v Hearts goal highlights on the BBC this morning. Two of the five goals Celtic scored were a direct result of the 'high press'. Basically, Hearts ended up defending on their heels in a 3v4 against an onrushing Celtic side. EVERY team will get chances like this against Hearts. If I was Brian Rice, I'd be working on quick counter-attacking this week and wide out-balls.

As for the other goals last night, just very, very poor defending.

Most important thing, though, was the Hearts' players' body language. They look like a broken team and broken teams get relegated.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Yep, with the amount of piss taking going on we’d look silly eh. It’s not as if we’ve lost to hearts at home this season is it...
    Look silly you say??

Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    Yup. Swaggered in saying he had never head of Hearts like getting a bloke sacked from Barnsley was a major coup for them. He obviously thought it would be a walk in the park and managers wouldn't suss out his tactics after 5 mins. Hearts fans haven't helped matters by feeding his ego

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Has anyone got a link to the interview in which Our Daniel says he hadn't heard of the Duncans?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Would love to know how many Jambos would admit if they could go back in time they would rather have JR than Stendel..

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Is Potter hanging around as a safety net ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Terry Butcher in disguise.

As I said to the guys at work, coming into the hearts job and the first thing he done was slate the team and said how much harder this job was than he first thought was madness!!!!!
    Sounds just like the Aussie Matt Williams when he took over the Scotland rugby job - discard loyal trusted successful senior players and slate the squad and their skills, saying he's going to change everything, like a messiah (after Geech and Telfer too). He was a roaring success. Oh, wait.........

Were the Yams fans singing the "Stendel song" last night? Sniggger.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    I watched the Celtic v Hearts goal highlights on the BBC this morning. Two of the five goals Celtic scored were a direct result of the 'high press'. Basically, Hearts ended up defending on their heels in a 3v4 against an onrushing Celtic side. EVERY team will get chances like this against Hearts. If I was Brian Rice, I'd be working on quick counter-attacking this week and wide out-balls.

Most important thing, though, was the Hearts' players' body language. They look like a broken team and broken teams get relegated.
    Naismith is shouting at everybody. Surely senior players like him have got to go to Budge and say he has go or Hearts will go down. A lot of gos there.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Naismith is shouting at everybody. Surely senior players like him have got to go to Budge and say he has go or Hearts will go down. A lot of gos there.
    Stendel made him captain. Can't see that happening. Naismith loves to shout but looks like the players are just blanking it out now. Loses its effect whe you're shouting at folk for 90 mins

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Were the Yams fans singing the "Stendel song" last night? Sniggger.
    He's a fake!

You've got a diamante Daniel Stendel
    The German was sacked by Barns-a-ley
    Can't play attacking high press football
    He'll relegate HMFC
    Huge gaps at the back
    Marlene in attack
    Stendel has you praying
    Hearts are crap.
    Last edited by 007; 13-02-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Broken against most teams they play but invariably turn it up when they play Hibs or, as I suspect we’ll see at the weekend, when the heat is on. Will eat my hat if Hearts get beat by Hamilton.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Has anyone got a link to the interview in which Our Daniel says he hadn't heard of the Duncans?
    It’s posted a few posts back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's *still* all Levein and Budgie's fault apparently.

Fwiw, I agree 110%

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Hearts fans will turn pretty quickly on Stendal if they fail to beat Hamilton at weekend, and if that happens he’ll be a game or so away from being being mutually consented before an emergency appointment till end of season in one last throw at the dice.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is someone else in their dugout by the time we play them here early March.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Did he mention which teams that was?
    I reckon it’ll be the same English Premiership teams that Sean Clare turns down to sign for Hearts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Hearts fans will turn pretty quickly on Stendal if they fail to beat Hamilton at weekend, and if that happens he’ll be a game or so away from being being mutually consented before an emergency appointment till end of season in one last throw at the dice.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is someone else in their dugout by the time we play them here early March.
    I really don’t think so. They seem besotted by the guy. They lose on Saturday they will blame the Ref, the goalie or Levein.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Stendel made him captain. Can't see that happening. Naismith loves to shout but looks like the players are just blanking it out now. Loses its effect whe you're shouting at folk for 90 mins
    It was always going to happen - a shouty player like that gets away with it when things are going well, when they’re not going well inevitably you’d either switch off to it or shout back - you do your job first then start telling me how to do mine.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It was always going to happen - a shouty player like that gets away with it when things are going well, when they’re not going well inevitably you’d either switch off to it or shout back - you do your job first then start telling me how to do mine.
    He learned everything he knows from Ross Chisholm 😁

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Are Hearts still trying to negotiate his contract release fee from Barnsley?

Those negotiations have got to hurt.
    Imagine them in the position where they're negotiating with Barnsley about his release from there at the same time as they're negotiating with him about his release from Tiny
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Shortly after his appointment, they were delighted with him, thought he was the man to get them out of trouble, but in the event of relegation was still the man to get them back up. I think a few minds will be changing in the next few weeks.

About the part in bold - I was impressed with Hamilton doing exactly that against us at ER in the first game back after the winter break.

They are certainly capable and could have been 2 or 3 up on 15mins at ER last month (thankfully it only went 1-0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Shortly after his appointment, they were delighted with him, thought he was the man to get them out of trouble, but in the event of relegation was still the man to get them back up. I think a few minds will be changing in the next few weeks.
    Imagine Alloa and Morton just sitting in and lobbing long balls over their high defensive line on the break. Pleasing

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    He's a fake!

You've got a diamante Daniel Stendel
    The German was sacked by Barns-a-ley
    Can't play attacking high press football
    He'll relegate HMFC
    Huge gaps at the back
    Marlene in attack
    Stendel has them praying
    Hearts are crap.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

If you saw Hamiltons games against rangers and celtic they just that actually think they quite a good team I would not be at all surprised to see them get at least a draw at tynie

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk