hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simon Murray

Liked him but if we keep Sparky and develop Hammer he'd be 4th choice. I have a sneaky feeling that if Edinburgh City manage to get promoted he may land up there...on good wages, or at Livi

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'd take him back, he would improve the current squad. Not first choice but a brilliant rotation option. Can actually score penalties as well.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    No. Other than running around a hell of a lot, he was distinctly mediocre against top flight opposition.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Other than running around a hell of a lot, he was distinctly mediocre against top flight opposition.
    His goal against Hearts was anything but mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    His goal v Rangers wasn't too bad either. That being said, 6 goals in 22 league matches isn't brilliant.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    He started well but as soon as opposing teams figured out that his work rate and movement was what got him to Hibs, he had nothing else to trouble defenders.

His finishing was absolutely abysmal by and large. Couple of great goals but that's about it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Returning to Scotland in the summer. Would you have him back?
    No thanks!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    What would Simon Murray bring other than keeping Jamie Gullan from developing..it would be a No from me ...

Not top six standard Imho
    That's a good point.

The only question is whether Gullan would be ready for a run of starts if/when either Doidge or McNulty got injured.

In truth, that's an academic question because we've no option but to play him in that scenario other than to go one up.

Mind you, we did try to chuck money at Dunfermline to get Nisbet so that might be a clue as to Gullan's readiness.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I mean purely for the tune it gets the go ahead from me, girls don’t like boys girls like Simon murray. That being said though I would’ve be disappointed not delighted if we signed him, raw and patchy in terms of goals sure his goal v hearts was first in like 10 then he scored a few again

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That's a good point.

The only question is whether Gullan would be ready for a run of starts if/when either Doidge or McNulty got injured.

In truth, that's an academic question because we've no option but to play him in that scenario other than to go one up.

Mind you, we did try to chuck money at Dunfermline to get Nisbet so that might be a clue as to Gullan's readiness.
    Subconscious or not, I think I judge youngsters on the golden generation. If someone isn’t a first team regular, or knocking on the door to be one, by 20-ish my automatic reaction is that they are very unlikely to ever make it as anymore than a bit part/squad player. Not very scientific, particularly as not seen much of Gullah to form an opinion, but my instinct is that he won’t make it at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d take him. Offers us more speed and if we do lose Boyle ( though totally different positions ) then there are games were speed will keep the opposition defence pined back as they are scared of it.

As others have said if we want to aim for third we need better. However he offers a good option for us as I’d spend a large percentage trying to sort out our defence as ( in my opinion only ) this is our Achilles heel.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I quite liked him and he scored some important goals at Ibrox and in the derby. Wouldn’t be a starter for where we should be, but he’d be a useful option to have.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent!
    Let Dundee Hibs have him.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Let the red man cometh....

(to Utd)

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

In a parallel universe Hibs are tearing up the europa league with a front three of Simon Murray, Brian Graham and James Keatings but unfortunately it ain’t this one.