hibs.net Messageboard

Pivotal game in the season tonight

I reckon it's the pivotal game of the season tonight.

Win, and there's every chance we are sailing to a top 6 finish (especially if we follow it up with a good result on sunday at Kille)

Lose, and we could fall into bottom 6, even be equal 8th, just 2 points above Ross County in 9th.

Big game tonight, let's roar the team on to a win and a healthy springtime aiming top 6 and progress in the cup

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Two huge games really, and you can add Livingston a week on Saturday to that as well. The next week will play a big part in what direction our league campaign is going. A real opportunity to cement that top 6 berth, and three games where it’s not unrealistic to anticipate taking 9 points.
    A win tonight gets the ball rolling, so in that sense maybe the most important one of all the three.

Yup agreed. Massive game tonight. Three points would be huge ahead of Sunday. Let's just hope there's no early goal against for a change

@hibs.net private member
    Should be looking at 7 points at least from the next 3 games.

Maybe thats optimistic but given two home ties and the financial advantage we have over Ross County, Killie and Livi and we really should be expecting positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should be looking at 7 points at least from the next 3 games.

Maybe thats optimistic but given two home ties and the financial advantage we have over Ross County, Killie and Livi and we really should be expecting positive results.
    The financial advantage is completely irrelevant as regards these games.

Bitterly cold. Turnstiles not working. Concede early goal from a corner. Batter them for the rest of the game but Stevenson is short with a passback and Shaw makes it 2. Hibs.net on lockdown around 21:30. Hearts, Killie and Livingston win. Stendel back to being a diamond. Queensferry crossing shuts again so home via Kincardine. Get a punchture but realise I've lost the locking nut key. Get home a 1am to find the wife in bed with Rudi Satchel. Go to get a drink only to find it's non alcoholic then develop a severe case of the Craig Leveins.

Been one of those days so far

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Bitterly cold. Turnstiles not working. Concede early goal from a corner. Batter them for the rest of the game but Stevenson is short with a passback and Shaw makes it 2. Hibs.net on lockdown around 21:30. Hearts, Killie and Livingston win. Stendel back to being a diamond. Queensferry crossing shuts again so home via Kincardine. Get a punchture but realise I've lost the locking nut key. Get home a 1am to find the wife in bed with Rudi Satchel. Go to get a drink only to find it's non alcoholic then develop a severe case of the Craig Leveins.

That’s Hibs for you

Stop moaning. The turnstyles worked fine! 😀

Bitterly cold - yup, can't disagree
    Turnstiles - reckon they'll be working tonight
    Concede early from a corner - with you so far
    Better than them for rest of the game - yep

But I reckon we'll score 3 tonight (their defence are slower than a week in Saughton)

And it wouldn't surprise me to concede a late second goal so it's an uncomfortable nervy end to the game

But I'm going 3-2 Hibs tonight

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar

Huh! Typical .netter, just can't see the positives in anything.

Yes, we should be winning tonight. No repeat of St Mirren please.

Sunday will be tough on that pitch.

Blog Entries
    I think we’ll be fine for top 6 but the 11 point gap between Motherwell and us might just be a step too far. But you never know.

Left by mutual consent!
    3-1 to the Hibees.

It’s an incredibly tight league so we cannot afford to drop points.

Ross County, Kilmarnock and Livingston are three must win games, we absolutely need 9 points from that.

Kilmarnock are 1 point behind us and St Johnstone 3 but with a game in hand.

Ideally tonight

Hibs beat County
    St Mirren beat Livingston
    Rangers beat Killie
    St Johnstone draw or lose to Motherwell
    Celtic beat Hearts

Hoping we have Allan, Newell and Jackson back for tonight and have no fresh injuries or tiredness from the weekend.

...................Marciano.......

McGinn....Jackson.....Hanlon.....Stevenson.....

Boyle.......Docherty....Omeonga/Whittikar......Allan...

.............McNulty.....Doidge......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It’s an incredibly tight league so we cannot afford to drop points.

Ross County, Kilmarnock and Livingston are three must win games, we absolutely need 9 points from that.

Kilmarnock are 1 point behind us and St Johnstone 3 but with a game in hand.

Ideally tonight

Hibs beat County
    St Mirren beat Livingston
    Rangers beat Killie
    St Johnstone draw or lose to Motherwell
    Celtic beat Hearts

Hoping we have Allan, Newell and Jackson back for tonight and have no fresh injuries or tiredness from the weekend.

...................Marciano.......

McGinn....Jackson.....Hanlon.....Stevenson.....

Boyle.......Docherty....Omeonga/Whittikar......Allan...

.............McNulty.....Doidge......
    I'd rather see St Johnstone beat Motherwell tbh. We should safely see them off overtaking us. Our aim is to get 3rd so we need those in front to drop as many points as possible. As long as we pick up points we have no reason to worry about those behind us.

Must win tonight.

No excuses just get job done.

Tight margins, I don't think we turn our noses up at any win tonight, any win is an excellent result.

I'll be annoyed if we make familiar mistakes with the starting line-up and tactics, and I'll be annoyed if we make another poor start to the game.

Having said I'll be annoyed if we make a poor start, it may well be a night where patience is rewarded. If we're doing the right stuff and it's not quite coming off then that's fine.

@hibs.net private member
    Freezing cold night get the thermals on. Start on the front foot , get the 1st goal and cruise to a 3-0 victory . Well 3-1 victory Ollie Shaw bound to score but hopefully last minute consolation goal. Everybody happy and the worlds a better place. GGTTH

Mon the Hibs

Massive game at the weekend after Killies win tonight.