hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Scotland

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a wee aside, has anyone seen the stuff from the Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday game at the weekend?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...football-match

A clip went viral which appeared to show a South Yorkshire (!) policeman using excessive force to crack a 16 year old boy over the head with a baton.

There's quite a lot out there on twitter about it but it really doesn't look good for the police officer involved. The young lad had a fair old gouge out of his head and tbh he's lucky it wasn't anything worse.
    Oh jeez, that's brutal.

The policeman was running at full pelt. His truncheon must have reached about 100mpb by the time it cracked the boy's skull open. I doubt he even saw it coming.

Excessive force without a doubt. Whether the investigation agrees or not is another matter.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Amazing... yet another thread on DotNet that's turned into a squabble between posters.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    And now resorts to sillyness. If you want an adult discussion on why parental resonsibility is relevant here then ok.but i suspect you just want an uneducated pop.
    You took things way too far with your original post about the parents being charged. You did that purely cause of your hatred of the Old Firm.

You then tell me look up an act of parliament - that was a bit of a nobbish thing to say, no?

If you think that parents should be charged for the words coming out of their children's mouths then you're in the wrong profession.

I started off thinking you were on the wind up, but yeah, I guess I'm now having a pop at your ridiculous stance on this.

I don't care what links you post, or what experience you might have on this subject, you are simply wrong to suggest that the kids parents should be charged.

And, by the way, it appears that the law is on my side or we would have had a story about them being arrested!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It sounds like you're threatened by the poster above knowing the names of two acts of parliament Im sure lots of people with no connection to the legal profession know a few.
    Not sure what you mean here?? Threatened??

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Amazing... yet another thread on DotNet that's turned into a squabble between posters.
    No it's not.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It sounds like you're threatened by the poster above knowing the names of two acts of parliament Im sure lots of people with no connection to the legal profession know a few.
    Ach well....people eh? He accused me of making itup and spouting a load of bs. Then gets angry when i just give him the facts. Disapponting really.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No it's not.

I think Sudds has a point.

I do know parents can be prosecuted for neglecting their children. I don't know how wide the term "neglect" runs, but here's a couple arrested for having a fat kid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-27730696
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 11-02-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You took things way too far with your original post about the parents being charged. You did that purely cause of your hatred of the Old Firm.

You then tell me look up an act of parliament - that was a bit of a nobbish thing to say, no?

If you think that parents should be charged for the words coming out of their children's mouths then you're in the wrong profession.

I started off thinking you were on the wind up, but yeah, I guess I'm now having a pop at your ridiculous stance on this.

I don't care what links you post, or what experience you might have on this subject, you are simply wrong to suggest that the kids parents should be charged.

And, by the way, it appears that the law is on my side or we would have had a story about them being arrested!
    You really have no clue what you're talking about.the law is there to be used....as i made clear to you. Not my place to question why its not been used.....just asked the question why.

Knowing the law and options in this area doesntmakeme an oldfirm hater. What a bizarre thing to say.
    And not sbobbish at all to.imvite you to check the facts. It was you after all who claimed it was bs.

But time to move on. I have no desire to endure anymore of your baseless personal attacks.

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

You really have no clue what you're talking about.the law is there to be used....as i made clear to you. Not my place to question why its not been used.....just asked the question why.

Knowing the law and options in this area doesntmakeme an oldfirm hater. What a bizarre thing to say.
    And not sbobbish at all to.imvite you to check the facts. It was you after all who claimed it was bs.

But time to move on. I have no desire to endure anymore of your baseless personal attacks.
    *Nobbish not snobbish.

Here to help!

*Nobbish not snobbish.

Here to help!
    😄😄 cheers HR.

The parents will not be charged and quite rightly not.

We don’t even know if parents/guardians were with the child and even if they were, they cannot control what their child says even if raised well and told it was unacceptable.

The child will be charged in the presence of his parents at which point the cops will gauge the reception they get from the parents and their views on the subject. The circumstances will then get ran past YJMU who will then decide of the appropriate disposal and if the child’s action deserve forwarding onto the children’s reporter.

There would be a ridiculous amount of parents/guardians charged if it was based on what their children done.

Children now a days have very little respect for what is right and wrong and often do things for attention. Parents face a very tough job keeping them on the straight and narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The parents will not be charged and quite rightly not.

We don’t even know if parents/guardians were with the child and even if they were, they cannot control what their child says even if raised well and told it was unacceptable.

The child will be charged in the presence of his parents at which point the cops will gauge the reception they get from the parents and their views on the subject. The circumstances will then get ran past YJMU who will then decide of the appropriate disposal and if the child’s action deserve forwarding onto the children’s reporter.

There would be a ridiculous amount of parents/guardians charged if it was based on what their children done.

Children now a days have very little respect for what is right and wrong and often do things for attention. Parents face a very tough job keeping them on the straight and narrow.
    I agree to some extent. Each case on its own merits though and the mechanisms are there to take action if deemed appropriate. I am not advocating wholesale purge on parenting....The issue was simply ...who was with the child and what role did they play? If the parents, then to what degree might they have failed to provide appropriate guidance and control?

And of course...the 1995 Children Act as it applies to scotland

*....long as this is practicable and in the interests of the child, parents have the responsibility to:

Safeguard and promote the child’s health, development and welfare;
    Provide direction and guidance to the child

Ok with that????
    What with a child making a remark at a football game proves that his parents/guardians have neglected any of the above?

His health, welfare and safeguard is certainly not in question. Are you suggesting his development or that they haven’t provided direction and guidance to their child?

A parent cannot physically control everything that comes out of a children’s mouth despite doing their best to raise them and teach them right from wrong. Especially if he is seeing/ hearing chants at other games, on tv and social media.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    A few years ago I was in Tully’s, Motherwell (Celtic Pub). There was a guy playing a guitar and singing Irish Rebel songs. There were primary aged school children joining in an knee every word to every song. Their parents looked sooo proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    What with a child making a remark at a football game proves that his parents/guardians have neglected any of the above?

His health, welfare and safeguard is certainly not in question. Are you suggesting his development or that they haven’t provided direction and guidance to their child?

A parent cannot physically control everything that comes out of a children’s mouth despite doing their best to raise them and teach them right from wrong. Especially if he is seeing/ hearing chants at other games, on tv and social media.
    Hence my questioning why whoever was with the child allowed thw child to act that way....presumably with no rebuke or sanction. Always assuming he was accompanied by an adult....which raises a different set of questions ifhe wasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    As a wee aside, has anyone seen the stuff from the Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday game at the weekend?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...football-match

A clip went viral which appeared to show a South Yorkshire (!) policeman using excessive force to crack a 16 year old boy over the head with a baton.

There's quite a lot out there on twitter about it but it really doesn't look good for the police officer involved. The young lad had a fair old gouge out of his head and tbh he's lucky it wasn't anything worse.
    Cops are trained in the use of their baton and striking someone on the head is a no no unless they are in fear for their life.
    Obviously a very short clip that doesn't show what led up to it but even if he didn't mean to hit the guy on the head it was reckless.
    He is in deep deep poo.

A lot of people on here assuming this rabidly racist 12 year with the voice loud enough for Morelos to hear above 50,000 other people actually exists. I have my doubts.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    A lot of people on here assuming this rabidly racist 12 year with the voice loud enough for Morelos to hear above 50,000 other people actually exists. I have my doubts.
    Noddy Holder's grandson?

And arguing about it...
    Last edited by Keith_M; 11-02-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Noddy Holder's grandson?

Well Noddy junior has done a really bad job at bringing Noddy The III up, he should get down and get with it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

No it's not.
    Look behind ye....................

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Look behind ye....................

Ooh matron!

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Cops are trained in the use of their baton and striking someone on the head is a no no unless they are in fear for their life.
    Obviously a very short clip that doesn't show what led up to it but even if he didn't mean to hit the guy on the head it was reckless.
    He is in deep deep poo.
    It’s S Yorks police. I’m not sure the cop will have done anything wrong. That force has previous.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Well Noddy junior has done a really bad job at bringing Noddy The III up, he should get down and get with it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    He should run, run away.