hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Scotland

Hybrid View

Police Scotland

Everything both these sets of fans do on a weekly basis, whilst the above turn a blind eye time and again, and then they finally pick on a 12 year old boy.

They should hang their heads in shame!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51449162

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything both these sets of fans do on a weekly basis, whilst the above turn a blind eye time and again, and then they finally pick on a 12 year old boy.

They should hang their heads in shame!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-sc...-west-51449162
    Can't disagree. Seems incredible given the mayhem of that game that a 12 year old be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Can't disagree. Seems incredible given the mayhem of that game that a 12 year old be charged.
    Simples. It will go to a Children's Panel not the Sherrif Court and the full glare of publicity

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It's almost as if Sevco desperately needed *anyone* to be charged with racism to back up their Morelos PR push.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    AC12 should be investigating those taking these decisions.

Police Scotland has had a number of high level sackings in the last year or two. Incompetent or corrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    AC12 should be investigating those taking these decisions.

Police Scotland has had a number of high level sackings in the last year or two. Incompetent or corrupt?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35TeNu1gp4

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I think kids are brought up now with a zero tolerance towards racism, both from the home and in schooling. This says more about the boy’s upbringing more than anything else.

If there has been an incident of racist abuse it needs to be dealt within the appropriate manner, regardless of whether the accused is an adult or child. The reluctance to tackle sectarianism in that same manner remains a mystery to those of us on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I think kids are brought up now with a zero tolerance towards racism, both from the home and in schooling. This says more about the boy’s upbringing more than anything else.

If there has been an incident of racist abuse it needs to be dealt within the appropriate manner, regardless of whether the accused is an adult or child. The reluctance to tackle sectarianism in that same manner remains a mystery to those of us on the outside looking in.
    Not all kids get that grounding at home.
    Same as it's ever been, if your parents are morons you are likely to grow up a moron.
    Too many morons have too many kids, they become morons and have kids who naturally become morons etc etc.
    Society is culpable in allowing this to happen rather than having the balls to deal with it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    A few of the Rangers fans are questioning the very validity of the arrest. Since the boy can't be named for legal reasons, does he actually exist, or have Police Scotland gone with that so they can "resolve" the case...simulataneously, they're using it as a weapon to demand several quarters of the media (including Mikey Stewart) are held to account for their accusations that this was all bull**** and demand they apologise...

I am so glad I don't live in this Old Firm bubble - the tit for tat bull**** we've had to listen to since that Old Firm game back in December is utterly draining.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    A few of the Rangers fans are questioning the very validity of the arrest. Since the boy can't be named for legal reasons, does he actually exist, or have Police Scotland gone with that so they can "resolve" the case...simulataneously, they're using it as a weapon to demand several quarters of the media (including Mikey Stewart) are held to account for their accusations that this was all bull**** and demand they apologise...

I am so glad I don't live in this Old Firm bubble - the tit for tat bull**** we've had to listen to since that Old Firm game back in December is utterly draining.
    Seemingly he is an anonymous racist. Agree it is an absolute pantomime and rest of Scotland is cringing.

I agree with your point on racism, that it should not be tolerated.

The issue in this instance is that there seems to have been a determination on the part of a Sectarian Institution (The Rangers) to have any kind of evidence to back up their Morelos claims (seemingly based on a devious mistranslation) and this is what has driven this prosecution....against, let's not forget, a child.

WHERE is the righteous indignation by Sectarion Institution FC to have the thousands of their own Fans prosecuted for equally heinous, sectarian abuse?

WHERE is even the condemnation of such sectarian abuse?

They are a bunch of Sectarian Hypocrites.

Brilliant.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Brilliant.
    Was rge kid there on his own? If not....who was the accompanying adult? Why is he/ she not on a charge?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    Was rge kid there on his own? If not....who was the accompanying adult? Why is he/ she not on a charge?
    You think that the mum or dad of the kid should be charged?

What with?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You think that the mum or dad of the kid should be charged?

What with?
    Easy enough...

Lack of parental care

Lack of proper supervision and control

All worthy of referral to SW and the Reporter to the Panel
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Easy enough...

Lack of parental care

Assuming you're just having a laugh, yeah? Like, you don't really mean these things do you?

Is 'Lack of parental care' even a thing? Did you just make that up?

Either way, its BS. Go call the police and let us know how you get on.

@hibs.net private member
    Easy enough...

Lack of parental care

Ridiculous.

I wonder if independence would make any difference?

There is little political stomach to truly tackle religious bigotry as it's not a vote winner.

Sticking plasters on gaping wounds.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I wonder if independence would make any difference?

There is little political stomach to truly tackle religious bigotry as it's not a vote winner.

Sticking plasters on gaping wounds.
    Popcorn time..

Popcorn time..
    Not trying to stir things up, it's a genuine question.

My father was a Yorkshireman and my family on both sides had zero interest in football.

So growing up, I could not understand the hatred even kids had for each other.

I still don't. It's crazy.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Be a difficult one for Plod Glasgow's crack stamp out hatred squad if the kid pleads not guilty, 50,000 odd sectarian bigots as witnesses, not one credible witness will be found.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

As a wee aside, has anyone seen the stuff from the Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday game at the weekend?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...football-match

A clip went viral which appeared to show a South Yorkshire (!) policeman using excessive force to crack a 16 year old boy over the head with a baton.

There's quite a lot out there on twitter about it but it really doesn't look good for the police officer involved. The young lad had a fair old gouge out of his head and tbh he's lucky it wasn't anything worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    As a wee aside, has anyone seen the stuff from the Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday game at the weekend?

A clip went viral which appeared to show a South Yorkshire (!) policeman using excessive force to crack a 16 year old boy over the head with a baton.

There's quite a lot out there on twitter about it but it really doesn't look good for the police officer involved. The young lad had a fair old gouge out of his head and tbh he's lucky it wasn't anything worse.
    Good old South Yorkshire police, a force with a completely untarnished reputation.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Oh jeez, that's brutal.

The policeman was running at full pelt. His truncheon must have reached about 100mpb by the time it cracked the boy's skull open. I doubt he even saw it coming.

Excessive force without a doubt. Whether the investigation agrees or not is another matter.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Cops are trained in the use of their baton and striking someone on the head is a no no unless they are in fear for their life.
    Obviously a very short clip that doesn't show what led up to it but even if he didn't mean to hit the guy on the head it was reckless.
    He is in deep deep poo.

A lot of people on here assuming this rabidly racist 12 year with the voice loud enough for Morelos to hear above 50,000 other people actually exists. I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    A lot of people on here assuming this rabidly racist 12 year with the voice loud enough for Morelos to hear above 50,000 other people actually exists. I have my doubts.
    Noddy Holder's grandson?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

And arguing about it...
    Last edited by Keith_M; 11-02-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Cops are trained in the use of their baton and striking someone on the head is a no no unless they are in fear for their life.
    Obviously a very short clip that doesn't show what led up to it but even if he didn't mean to hit the guy on the head it was reckless.
    He is in deep deep poo.
    It’s S Yorks police. I’m not sure the cop will have done anything wrong. That force has previous.

And of course...the 1995 Children Act as it applies to scotland

*....long as this is practicable and in the interests of the child, parents have the responsibility to:

Safeguard and promote the child’s health, development and welfare;
    Provide direction and guidance to the child

Ok with that????