hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, The OS just looks too sanitised and corporate to me. I like my football with a bit of an edge to it.
    The Boleyn ground was majestic. It was one of the places that had managed to retain a bit of soul whilst top level football slid into bland corporate garbage territory and is, imo, a tragic loss to English football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’ve been down a couple of times to see Newcastle, and I was genuinely surprised at how many travel down from Edinburgh to watch them. The amount of shirts and scarves on the train would have you thinking it was an official supporters charter.
    We left at noon, down in time for a couple of beers pre match, a Chinese meal post match and back in Waverley just after 8.
    I’ve never been hooked in to the extent of claiming to support them as such, but for those that do and want to see them regularly it’s a very doable outing.
    Very doable. 1h20min on the train and often less than £20 return (if booked early). Easy walk from the train station passing loads of pubs and restaurants (and Chinatown) and Premiership football (although Newcastle haven’t been too impressive in recent years).
    Also matches are very well priced, less than the cost of a derby game for the majority of the home fixtures.

My gran lived next to the stadium most of her life, my mum grew up there, and I spent a lot of school holidays there, so it’s pretty much in my blood.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Have you ever actually done that??

I always thought that was just something folk said on the internet to sound edgy!

It would be like watching BSC every week instead of seeing some amazing football by the likes of Liverpool this season.
    Usually make it to 4 or 5 games a season, they play a 5 minute walk from my house and played for them at youth level so emotional attachment is there.....does that still sound edgy!lol

Not denying EPL/Champions league football can very entertaining but like I said i'm more a Hibs than a football fan. I do get more joy from watching our local side, much of which is made up lads from our local area, than trying to fake interest in the over hyped EPL.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I am now in the position that I have actually lived in Edinburgh longer than I lived in Liverpool. Given that I got my first Hibs season ticket in 92 I have also been a Hibs ST holder longer than I was at Liverpool. So my second team Hibs have actually had more real support from me at games than Liverpool have!

They’ll still always remain in the same order though 😁

Quote Originally Posted by DunblaneHibby View Post
    I go to see local team the binos if I'm not at Easter road
    Grew up in BofA and still look out for the Binos result. Much prefered Annfield to Forthbank though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I am now in the position that I have actually lived in Edinburgh longer than I lived in Liverpool. Given that I got my first Hibs season ticket in 92 I have also been a Hibs ST holder longer than I was at Liverpool. So my second team Hibs have actually had more real support from me at games than Liverpool have!

They’ll still always remain in the same order though ��
    It can only be a matter of time though surely ? And - no way! - that must mean you’ve lived in Scotland longer than.....

Welcome aboard!!!!!
    Last edited by Glory Lurker; 11-02-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Real Betis

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Aye, The OS just looks too sanitised and corporate to me. I like my football with a bit of an edge to it.

I can respect that point of view.

First Team Regular
    Watch Edinburgh City if there at home and Hibs are away, need my football fix.

@hibs.net private member
    Followed Lincoln City for years, gave up when they won the National League 3 years ago, too many glory hunters and dickheads jumped on the bandwagon.

I like to see a few English teams do well just to make the good guys i've met have a happy weekend. Any Scottish good guys can have another couple of pints to get over it.

Hibs first
    Queen of the South because I was born in Dumfries.
    In the 70’s growing up I liked Leeds Utd because of the Scottish players.
    Also a soft spot for Liverpool, probably the Scottish input again over the years.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Hibs will always be my team to support, but I do like Man United and follow their results/watch any game that I can, though that has been quite difficult since Fergie left.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Hibernian, obviously.

Also look out for;

Alloa
    Arsenal
    Huddersfield
    Penicuik
    Tranmere

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Personally want to see Leeds and Forest back in the premier league next season.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Just Hibs. Although I generally want any team playing in green to win. Not that there is many of us!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Personally want to see Leeds and Forest back in the premier league next season.
    I think Leeds would be a great addition to the Premier League but you can't help but enjoy watching them bottle it all the time.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I think Leeds would be a great addition to the Premier League but you can't help but enjoy watching them bottle it all the time.
    Leeds have been at the top of my English s*** list since the Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup games of the 60's-70's.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Hibs will always be my team to support, but I do like Man United and follow their results/watch any game that I can, though that has been quite difficult since Fergie left.

Same. Still go down to Old Trafford now and again. Had a season ticket there too in SAF latter years in charge before marriage and my little one arrived

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Scunny.
    When everyone started getting email in the early 2000s nothing was initially getting through the new S****horpe local services firewall 😂

NB - .net must be using the same firewall as I have just had the name amended as well 😂
    Last edited by Is It On....; 12-02-2020 at 08:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    When everyone started getting email in the early 2000s nothing was initially getting through the new S****horpe local services firewall 😂

NB - .net must be using the same firewall as I have just had the name amended as well 😂
    It's not a firewall, it's a swear filter

got a soft spot for Cliftonville, not a supporter as such but look out for their results

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Blackpool (where im from)

And a bit more left field teams i follow from afar Benfica and Penarol.

I have to admit to being football mad.

@hibs.net private member therealgavmac's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Always has been West Ham for me... was a season ticket holder... South Bank... 1979-1982

And, when they won the cup in 1980, my ticket was £2.50.... two pounds fifty pence!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Should have added Melchester Rovers 😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    I was wondering this today as I came back from watching the Milan derby. I don’t have a second team as I find it takes up all my concentration supporting Hibs! But I’m quite up for supporting Inter Milan.

But what criteria do you have for selecting another team? There’s a sense of going for a decent team so you can have a bit of success but that makes you a glory hunter.

I used to support Liverpool when I was a kid, probably more than I supported Hibs, due to the fact they were really good and they had loads of Scottish players.

I couldn’t support another Scottish team as my second club as I wouldn’t want them to play Hibs.

Anyway, this is what I was thinking about on the way back from Milan with a stubborn hangover during the middle of turbulence.
    NO