hibs.net Messageboard

Page 381 of 403 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,430 of 12082

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm starting to think hes the anti-christ
    While I'm not certain about that, if someone asked you to draw the anti-christ but leave out the horns and red coupon, it would probably bear a striking resemblance 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I still think he will be gone by morning, pressure is growing. Downing Street has said he was not spoken to by police while Durham police have said he most certainly was. That could possibly be the 'new information' Downing Street will use to explain any U turn later.
    This afternoon's press briefing will be significant.

Wonder who came up with idea of running a daily press briefing. Well, they can run, but they can't hide.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Cumming is claiming he has not broken the law. Can that possibly be true? Surely not?
    He broke the law, police should be getting involved now.

Downing Street has said he was not spoken to by police while Durham police have said he most certainly was.
    Think he'll weasel out of that one easily enough. Polis spoke to his family (parents/sister/whatever) but polis most certainly didn't speak to his family (wife/child). A sort of Bill Clinton defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    They were medical professionals whose advice was used by governments to determine policy. Cummings, as his presence on the Saga committee demonstrates, has his fingerprints all over that policy. Sorry, Julia. Good try. Won't cut it.
    Is there not potentially something in this though?

A certain level of behaviour is expected from a registered health “professional”.

The same goes for teachers etc and you could possibly extend that to politicians or even “role model” types like footballers.

What is the standard of behaviour we would expect of a “special advisor”?

Is he held to a higher standard of behaviour than Joe Punter? And different Joe Punters might have different employment terms to others - some might lose their job for this, some might not. Do we really expect an employer with the moral standards of the Conservative party to hold particularly high standards here? They are the party of born to rule, one rule for us one rule for you. Surely we can’t elect them then expect them to be something that they’re not?

@hibs.net private member
    The Attorney General, the chief legal adviser to the Crown and the Government in England and Wales, introduces a new defence into statute!

https://twitter.com/SuellaBraverman/...975671810?s=20

Protecting one’s family is what any good parent does. The @10DowningStreet
    statement clarifies the situation and it is wholly inappropriate to politicise it.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Is a 4 year old child still a toddler?
    probably not. im missing the relevance though
    And guess what. Mrs Cummings (Mary Wakefield) brother lives in ....... London.

and now the Attorney General backs them up. The ministers are circling the wagons and he isn't even a politician.

Suella Braverman MP
    @SuellaBraverman

Protecting one’s family is what any good parent does. The @10DowningStreet statement clarifies the situation and it is wholly inappropriate to politicise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Is there not potentially something in this though?

A certain level of behaviour is expected from a registered health “professional”.

The same goes for teachers etc and you could possibly extend that to politicians or even “role model” types like footballers.

What is the standard of behaviour we would expect of a “special advisor”?

Is he held to a higher standard of behaviour than Joe Punter? And different Joe Punters might have different employment terms to others - some might lose their job for this, some might not. Do we really expect an employer with the moral standards of the Conservative party to hold particularly high standards here? They are the party of born to rule, one rule for us one rule for you. Surely we can’t elect them then expect them to be something that they’re not?

Cummings, like all special advisers in fairness, as he is appointed rather than elected, holds political power but does so without accountability. He is answerable only to his employer. Morals don't come into it. It undermines democracy. He probably has more power than any individual in government except Johnson.

Be useful if cctv footage “emerged” of a petrol stop.

Unlikely also that a 260 mile journey could be made without a toilet stop with a 4 year old in tow. Certainly none that I’ve ever been involved with.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post

and now the Attorney General backs them up. The ministers are circling the wagons and he isn't even a politician.
    The Attorney General's statement is a non sequitur.

If someone threatened to rape your wife or daughter most of us would have no compunction in taking a baseball bat to his head. But we would still be breaking the law.

@hibs.net private member
    The relevance is that by describing the Cummings child (Cedd, apparently) as a toddler, this makes the child appear even more requiring of support. For example, it might appear more difficult to have your toddler (say 2yo) looked after by relatives, than a 4yo, who might be more accepting of being looked after by someone else.

It's no big deal, it's just another example of how Govt ministers use words to exaggerate their point.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Unlikely also that a 260 mile journey could be made without a toilet stop with a 4 year old in tow. Certainly none that I’ve ever been involved with.
    Me too!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    The relevance is that by describing the Cummings child (Cedd, apparently) as a toddler, this makes the child appear even more requiring of support. For example, it might appear more difficult to have your toddler (say 2yo) looked after by relatives, than a 4yo, who might be more accepting of being looked after by someone else.

It's no big deal, it's just another example of how Govt ministers use words to exaggerate their point.
    Ah with you now.
    Im surprised (but shouldnt be really) at the number of ministers tweeting their support. Its almost like he was their boss (or want to keep on his good side).

For the great family man they're making him out to be, they're missing the point that he could have killed his parents.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Grant Shapps is the patsy being rolled out today for the briefing. Test & Trace urgently required to find the PM!

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How on earth is sticking the child he was supposedly looking to protect into a car with two infected individuals for a 260 mile car journey likely to protect the child? What an absurd attempt at defending Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    How on earth is sticking the child he was supposedly looking to protect into a car with two infected individuals for a 260 mile car journey likely to protect the child? What an absurd attempt at defending Cummings.
    Shapps unwavering in the attempt. Lamentable.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Some of the excuses being trotted out are.... "contradictory" doesnt seem strong enough.

They really are a shower of utter ********s.

After Calderwood was caught out both her and Sturgeon faced the music, Johnson is a *****bag.

That response to the Daily Telegraph!

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    That response to the Daily Telegraph!
    Lol.....can we get back to talking about making the A66 a dual carriageway!

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Shapps unwavering in the attempt. Lamentable.
    Some of the excuses being trotted out are.... "contradictory" doesnt seem strong enough.

They really are a shower of utter ********s.
    They'll ride it out and get away with it (ala Robert Jenrick visiting his parents). This lot appear to be Teflon. They've lurched from disaster to disaster, with a PM more intent on hiding than leading, yet they are still sitting at around 50% in the opinion polls. WTF is wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Lol.....can we get back to talking about making the A66 a dual carriageway!
    It's like something out of The Thick of It.

The message I'm taking from this press briefing is that the government is doing everything it can to make it easier to travel by car from London to Durham ... em, for special advisers.

Changing the subject from Dominic Cummings.

What's the deal with smoking and vaping and the dangers it does or doesn't pose? I was queuing to get in to Asda today and the woman in front of me in the queue started vaping, when she exhaled the vapour went right in my face.

I'm probably over thinking it but that has been in her lungs. Aside from being rude is it possible for the virus to be passed on in that way?

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

What's the deal with smoking and vaping and the dangers it does or doesn't pose? I was queuing to get in to Asda today and the woman in front of me in the queue started vaping, when she exhaled the vapour went right in my face.

I'm probably over thinking it but that has been in her lungs. Aside from being rude is it possible for the virus to be passed on in that way?
    Someone asked a Doctor the same thing on the BBC a few weeks back, they said that it would ever so slightly increase the risk of spreading it like if someone coughed on you

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dave7062

No idea, though the daily mail said it would only be an issue if someone coughed while exhaling, therefore I'm inclined to believe the opposite.

Smoking appears to now be a risk in relation to covid19 whereas a few weeks ago it was thought smokers were at less risk.

There have been no studies carried out on vaping and whether vapors are at any more risk than smokers and non smokers. I did read an article by some cardiologist and e cigarette expert from the Onassis cardiology centre in athens who said there was zero evidence of how vapers were affected by or transmitted covid19, though he noted that propylene glycol has anti bacterial and anti viral properties in aerosol form and is used in nebulisers for flu and other respiratory illnesses.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spi...-covid-19/amp/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Has the daily figures been released in Scotland today?
    Cougars!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Is that you, Matt ?

Feel a bit ill today currently in bed. Going to try sleep whatever this is, off.

I’m hoping it was just the KFC I had yesterday as my stomach has been a bit funny... I have a sore head, loss of appetite and feel quite weak.

Praying its not covid!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Has the daily figures been released in Scotland today?
    A few interesting numbers in Scotland today

61 of the 72 new cases in Scotland linked to care homes. 72 cases from 4,400 tests.

Only 5 health boards reported any day on day increase at all. 4 have reported zero new cases in a week.

Confirmed cases in hospital down to 841. Confirmed cases in ICU 36.

The suspected cases still seem rather high, I’ve still not seen any official explanation of these as to why they can’t be tested to move them from suspected to confirmed but hey ho, maybes it’s out there and I’ve just not seen it, we even appear to have 14 suspected in ICU.

A mighty 13 people in Tayside in hospital with CV19.