hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Next up Ross County

Games coming thick and fast, and another big match on Wednesday
    Benefit of a lot of matches, it’s allowed Jack to get some game time into some of the new signings, plus more game time for Whittaker etc

County got a great result last time out, so will come with confidence. Plus they beat us last time out in Dingwall

I’m presuming we’ll go back to a more familiar set up, and I’m hoping Murray and Gullan retain their places in the match squad

We need 3 points to push up the table

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'd like to see Murray and Gullan.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Have you not seen them before?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to seeing the wrong tactics and team selection delivering an under-par first half littered with defensive lapses, followed by half time tactical changes (Horgan off, McNulty on etc) leading to a much improved second half with the full time whistle coming just a little too early for us to claim all three points.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the wrong tactics and team selection delivering an under-par first half littered with defensive lapses, followed by half time tactical changes (Horgan off, McNulty on etc) leading to a much improved second half with the full time whistle coming just a little too early for us to claim all three points.

Is that you Jack ?

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Rocky

McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson

Omeonga

Docherty Newall

Boyle

Doidge McNulty

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Is Doidge in your good books just now, or do you fancy him to miss two or three sitters and a penalty?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Just need to make Speedway Head Coach, Executive Chairman and Hibs Overlord and all will be fixed.

I believe in you so much I will be your anonymous benefactor if you like... an initial £10m upfront and no questions asked (don’t ask where the money comes from either... it’s best you don’t know).

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Just need to make Speedway Head Coach, Executive Chairman and Hibs Overlord and all will be fixed.

I believe in you so much I will be your anonymous benefactor if you like... an initial £10m upfront and no questions asked (don’t ask where the money comes from either... it’s best you don’t know).
    Hire FilipinoHibs as your accountant.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Maybe for the last 20 if we're comfortable by then.

Which we won't be.

If/when we confirm top 6 status, and have no chance of a European place, we can play the entire development squad for all I care, but until then, strongest team every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Maybe for the last 20 if we're comfortable by then.

Which we won't be.

If/when we confirm top 6 status, and have no chance of a European place, we can play the entire development squad for all I care, but until then, strongest team every time.
    They could be part of the strongest team, certainly Murray offered more than Horgan on Sunday. Actually requires some faith and confidence in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They could be part of the strongest team, certainly Murray offered more than Horgan on Sunday. Actually requires some faith and confidence in them.
    If he's a better option then I agree.

I don't think Murray would have been as important to us defensively yesterday as Horgan was.

However, the manager sees them in training every day so he'll know more than what we discerned from a 20 minute performance with fresh legs against a tiring part time team. A team which had been tired by, amongst others, Daryl Horgan.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

If he's a better option then I agree.

I don't think Murray would have been as important to us defensively yesterday as Horgan was.

However, the manager sees them in training every day so he'll know more than what we discerned from a 20 minute performance with fresh legs against a tiring part time team. A team which had been tired by, amongst others, Daryl Horgan.
    Horgan was garbage yesterday. He generally makes a good impact coming off the bench but doesn’t do enough to back that up when he starts.

I remember him making a good interception to knock the ball out for a corner running back the way. But he never delivered anything in an attacking sense at all.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    I think we will start off with the usual slow build up,passing the ball across the back first half,change the shape in the second,score,and concede a late equaliser in the last 5 mins,imo,of course.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Murray offered more than Horgan because we changed shape and allowed Murray to play further forward.

Horgan played as a wing back against the wind for the first half and he spent a lot of his time tracking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Murray offered more than Horgan because we changed shape and allowed Murray to play further forward.

Horgan played as a wing back against the wind for the first half and he spent a lot of his time tracking back.
    Spot on.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I'd be quite happy if we play the way we have since Jack came in and the defense didnt have some sort of goal conceding lapse or 2. We have generally played quite well without being amazing, but been badly let down by defensive mistakes/goalie errors.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I’d like us to try a diamond again for this. McNulty a bit unlucky to miss out, especially as Boyle hasn’t been at his best in the last couple of games.

Marciano

McGinn
    Jackson/McGregor (whoever is fit)
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Hallberg (assuming Whittaker won’t play again)
    Omeonga
    Docherty
    Allan

Doidge
    Boyle

4 at the back and 2 up front. The selection depends on how we're coming along with injuries etc, but Docherty has certainly earned his place.

It’s a really tough decision for Ross if everyone is fit.

2 up top is most people’s preference especially with having McNulty and Doidge. That then more or less leaves us with 4 in midfield with Boyle being one of them in a wider position.

Allan, Newell, Whittikar, Omeonga and Docherty are all either in form or our best player and would be expexting to start however competing for the same position.

Can Whittikar play again after 90 mins yesterday?

The defence needs changed but little to no options to do so.

For me I’d go with, if fit:

...........................Marciano......

McGinn......Jackson...........Hanlon.......Stevens on.....

Boyle.........Docherty..........Omeonga.........Al lan........

......................McNulty.......Doidge...

Allan on the left as he naturally drifts out there and then can cut in to his strong right foot for the reverse pass. Keep a tight 4 when out of possession.

Omeonga just in ahead of Newell as I’m unsure if he will be fit and I think with Docherty bombing on he will go with Omeonga to sit and break up play. Unfortunate for Newell as I think he’s been brilliant recently.

McNulty and Doidge both have goals and if given the right service will score, plenty players in that team to help them do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

2 up top is most people’s preference especially with having McNulty and Doidge. That then more or less leaves us with 4 in midfield with Boyle being one of them in a wider position.

Allan, Newell, Whittikar, Omeonga and Docherty are all either in form or our best player and would be expexting to start however competing for the same position.

Allan on the left as he naturally drifts out there and then can cut in to his strong right foot for the reverse pass. Keep a tight 4 when out of possession.

Omeonga just in ahead of Newell as I’m unsure if he will be fit and I think with Docherty bombing on he will go with Omeonga to sit and break up play. Unfortunate for Newell as I think he’s been brilliant recently.

McNulty and Doidge both have goals and if given the right service will score, plenty players in that team to help them do so.
    Finding a shape that lets us get our best players in is still the most difficult thing. For me it would be a back three. That way you can get Boyle wide, Allan as a number 10 and two strikers.

I know he did it yesterday but the circumstances were a bit different so I don’t see it happening.

@hibs.net private member

This team but with Docherty, Allan and Omeonga in a 3 and Boyle in a free role so he can pop up on either side of the front 2.

Shows how strong we are in the middle of the park, considering we also have Halberg who hasn't done much wrong even out of his natural position and Mallan to come back in. Slivka is a good player too when he's at it.

Scott Allan
    Docherty
    Omeonga
    Halberg
    Newell
    Mallan

Very strong centrally

Can see it being a bit of a battle on Wednesday, Ross county are awkward. Will have to be patient. 2-0 hibs

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Can see it being a bit of a battle on Wednesday, Ross county are awkward. Will have to be patient. 2-0 hibs
    Neither team can defend so I’m expecting goals.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    .............Marciano
    .McGinn..McGregor.Hanlon.Stevenson
    ..........Hallberg
    .....Docherty..Omeonga
    ...........Boyle
    .....McNulty.....Doidge

No easy games in our league but I expect us to win on Wednesday. Bit of pay back for our defeat up there

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    No easy games in our league but I expect us to win on Wednesday. Bit of pay back for our defeat up there
    It won't be easy, that's the only certainty.

County will have had a full week's rest while we had an energy sapping battle against Storm Ciara and BSC yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win.

Testimonial Due
    It won't be easy, that's the only certainty.

County will have had a full week's rest while we had an energy sapping battle against Storm Ciara and BSC yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win.
    Did not look to energy sapping as ball was pinged about like a pinball. We are match sharp and they have long journey in difficult weather conditions. Plus Allan and Newell rested