hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar

Edinburgh City 203

I have just noticed ECFC had a good win today and go within 3 points of the top. Also noticed their attendance, only 203 soles bothered to see it granted weather was awful but this was a Saturday when Hibs didn’t have a game and Hertz were away!
    Begs the question do they deserve a place in the league? If Spartans had been promoted instead how many would they expect? Were any .netters there today and what did you make of it?
    Just interested!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have just noticed ECFC had a good win today and go within 3 points of the top. Also noticed their attendance, only 203 soles bothered to see it granted weather was awful but this was a Saturday when Hibs didn’t have a game and Hertz were away!
    Begs the question do they deserve a place in the league? If Spartans had been promoted instead how many would they expect? Were any .netters there today and what did you make of it?
    Just interested!
    I'd say 203 is quite good given the *****y weather. I go and see them sometimes when Hibs aren't home but no danger I'd be leaving the house today if I didn't have to.

Do they deserve a place in the league? Yes, because they won their place fair and square and are better than a lot of other teams.

Just interested!
    They are in the league on merit. Surviving as a league club is their challenge. I don’t understand why so many on here are keen to have a go at clubs who attract much lower attendances than us. The folk running these clubs are doing a phenomenal job imo and deserve nothing but praise. A monumental effort to have them punching way above their weight. Having more than 10k season ticket holders gives you zero right to maintain a place at the top of the pecking order. I admire the Hamiltons etc of this world.

Just interested!
    Seen bigger crowds at the Hibs ladies games at the same ground.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The problem they’ve got is that there isn’t a place for a third team in Edinburgh. They’ve not got their own stadium and they don’t have an affinity with any one area of the city. It will take either a fair bit of success or a lot of money in order for them to become a more established team with a bigger support. I can see them doing something similar to meadowbank and moving to somewhere like Dunbar or another large town in East Lothian and trying to make a go of it there. I think I’m right in saying that other than the name they have no link to the original Edinburgh City and the club at Lochend has nothing to do with the team.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Doesn't matter if you have 1 supporter or 1 million supporters there club means as much to them as do hibs to me everyone loves there club,they have earned the right to be there the more east coast clubs the better.

First Team Regular
    I was there and it was an abysmal day to be out watching football, wind spoiled it, but a good 3 points and the scran is decent also.

On a very cold, bleak day when it was pissing it down non-stop you can see why standing out in it for 2 hours didn't seem too appealing to many. However, you earn your place in leagues by winning on the park and that's what Edinburgh City have done so far so yes they deserve their place in the league regardless of their fan base numbers.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    If Hibs were to lose this fixture tomorrow then Edinburgh City would gain a supporter
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Assuming the Edinburgh city gate was home supporters for the sake of argument, I’m intrigued as to their reason for choosing to support them when they had a choice of either Hibs or hearts.
    It would be interesting to hear some replies from people in the know.

Why are people so keen to have a go at Edinburgh City in here?? I always look out for their results and go if they are at home and Hibs arent playing...cant stand the elitist attitude of some on here. It's ridiculous and exactly why we cant stand the Uglies, yet some on here are just as guilty of it. Great to see them doing well and fighting for promotion

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Diet View Post
    Assuming the Edinburgh city gate was home supporters for the sake of argument, I’m intrigued as to their reason for choosing to support them when they had a choice of either Hibs or hearts.
    It would be interesting to hear some replies from people in the know.
    Folk watch them and Hibs or Hearts, there is no mystery or intrigue to it.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If Hibs were to lose this fixture tomorrow then Edinburgh City would gain a supporter
    You’d still be on here moaning about Hibs though 😂🤣😜

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    You’d still be on here moaning about Hibs though 😂🤣😜

Aye probably.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Aye probably.
    Would be a pish team to support for dot counting tae

Regarding EC is 203 not only about 5 times less than what Hamilton and Livi have gotten through the gates at some weekends this season?

They'll need a decent permanent home then they can grow their fanbase from there.

Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    I was there and it was an abysmal day to be out watching football, wind spoiled it, but a good 3 points and the scran is decent also.
    Great pies

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Folk watch them and Hibs or Hearts, there is no mystery or intrigue to it.
    I quite often take my grandson to see them if hibs don't have a game or are away and we're not going. Seen some good games

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just interested!
    I was going to go but quickly changed my mind when I saw the weather

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Would Spartans be better positioned for building a fan base?

Just interested!
    If only 203 soles turned up, at least one of their fans only had one leg?
    Thats only my o pinion mind

Promising Youngster
    I was one of the 204 as well, city played sone nice stuff in very very difficult conditions.
    Nice to see a few ex Hibhies as well, Danny handling having a great season

I was also at the game yesterday. Danny Handling played well for City. Big Nade for Arran was a joy to watch 😁

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    If only 203 soles turned up, at least one of their fans only had one leg?
    Thats only my o pinion mind

I was wondering why they were counting feet as well.

First Team Regular
    Must have been at least 4 players Nade flattened, guy is an absolute mountain and about as quick as one too.

Weather and Scotland v England Rugger being on wouldn’t have helped attendance.