£500k.

Big money
    What did we offer?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did we offer?
    £400k according to reports.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

£500,000 we offered on our 4th bid on deadline day.
    Source - the person who sent the bid to Dunfermline.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee=legend View Post
    Really? Really big money for us too

Good signs for the summer

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    And that person is happy for you to out them on .net?

See what we are made of in the summer. Hope we can snag him.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    I reckon come the summer he’ll be out of our reach. Championship team will snap him up is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I reckon come the summer he’ll be out of our reach. Championship team will snap him up is my guess
    I agree. Or one of the uglies.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Again there’s nothing stopping us bid now. Gamble on Donkey Kong being sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Why not bid now?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Why not bid now?
    Totally agree, not sure we can or not. To be fair we should have struck a deal well before deadline day. Even if it meant him staying at the Pars until the end of the season, or giving them Shaw.

There's absolutely no chance we'll get him in the summer, that ship has sailed.

Best we can hope for there is that he turns out pish, he's had his hot streak and we've dodged a bullet.

United will be up, will probably have a few quid in their pocket from flogging Shankland and will have the clout and desire to blow us out the water.

The spotlight will really be on our recruitment team to succeed where they have failed miserably over the past couple of summers.

At risk of this all sounding hopelessly negative, I do think a good few of our problems are down to unease between the managers (Lennon and Heckingbottom) and the recruitment team. Hunch just tells me that Ross is more likely to be on the same page as them, so I do actually hold out a bit of hope that we'll have a fair idea of what we need going into the summer and will recruit appropriately and accordingly.

I do think we're going to have to contemplate some pretty uncomfortable departures though - good goalkeepers, legendary defenders, hot and cold midfielders and possibly a high-scoring striker amongst our summer activity out the way.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Best we can hope for there is that he turns out pish, he's had his hot streak and we've dodged a bullet.

United will be up, will probably have a few quid in their pocket from flogging Shankland and will have the clout and desire to blow us out the water.

The spotlight will really be on our recruitment team to succeed where they have failed miserably over the past couple of summers.

At risk of this all sounding hopelessly negative, I do think a good few of our problems are down to unease between the managers (Lennon and Heckingbottom) and the recruitment team. Hunch just tells me that Ross is more likely to be on the same page as them, so I do actually hold out a bit of hope that we'll have a fair idea of what we need going into the summer and will recruit appropriately and accordingly.

I do think we're going to have to contemplate some pretty uncomfortable departures though - good goalkeepers, legendary defenders, hot and cold midfielders and possibly a high-scoring striker amongst our summer activity out the way.
    What a miserable load of nonsense.

Correct. Hopelessly negative.

You are nothing if not wonderfully consistent. Didn't even have to look at the username, knew it was your fine self from the first 2 sentences

Testimonial Due

So now we have less financial clout than the mighty Dundee Utd 🙄

Really?

Why not bid now?
    Even if that's allowed, and I'm not sure it is, what would be the point?

We can't sign anyone until the summer so another club could bid more.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Even if that's allowed, and I'm not sure it is, what would be the point?

We can't sign anyone until the summer so another club could bid more.
    We can sign him now if we wanted. Like Celtic did with Scott Brown.

We can sign him now if we wanted. Like Celtic did with Scott Brown.
    No we can't.

Wouldn’t have a clue.
    Was in hospitality last weekend and had the chance to speak to important members of staff at the club and the subject of Nesbit, Hunberi and transfer window came up.
    They advised how high they went but Dunfermline kept saying no.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Wouldn’t have a clue.
    Was in hospitality last weekend and had the chance to speak to important members of staff at the club and the subject of Nesbit, Hunberi and transfer window came up.
    They advised how high they went but Dunfermline kept saying no.
    Your first post said the source was the the person who sent the bid to Dunfermline implying it was one person.
    Your response says spoke to important members of staff and they advised?
    That implies to me that your opening statement of wouldn’t have a clue is probably the most accurate thing you have said.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Your first post said the source was the the person who sent the bid to Dunfermline implying it was one person.
    Your response says spoke to important members of staff and they advised?
    That implies to me that your opening statement of wouldn’t have a clue is probably the most accurate thing you have said.
    In the greater scheme of things does it really matter, it's all history now. 🙄

Why did we leave it so late?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Why did we leave it so late?
    So we didn't alert other clubs and to put Dunfermline under pressure to accept our bid.

Had we made an offer on, say 15 January, it would certainly have been rejected at that stage. Details of the bid would have been leaked to the press and we would have found ourselves in an even bigger bidding war.

[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;6076259]So we didn't alert other clubs and to put Dunfermline under pressure to accept our bid.

Had we made an offer on, say 15 January, it would certainly have been rejected at that stage. Details of the bid would have been leaked to the press and we would have found ourselves in an even bigger bidding war.[/QUO
    TE]

But nisbet could have put a transfer request in? Could have worked in our favour if we bid early as well

[QUOTE=Hiberniankb;6076260]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    So we didn't alert other clubs and to put Dunfermline under pressure to accept our bid.

Had we made an offer on, say 15 January, it would certainly have been rejected at that stage. Details of the bid would have been leaked to the press and we would have found ourselves in an even bigger bidding war.[/QUO
    TE]

But nisbet could have put a transfer request in? Could have worked in our favour if we bid early as well
    He didn't though. He could have done that anytime before the deadline.

Early bids are really only any use if you're either the only club interested, if the team is desperate to sell, or if you're offering silly money.

Dunfermline didn't want to sell regardless of when we put our bid in.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    So, 7 days after the transfer deadline there's a story about a failed bid?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk