hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But we also have significantly more competition for the likes of corporate hospitality and sponsorship in Edinburgh. Aberdeen FC is the only show in town up there.
    This, someone living in the central belt is likely within 1 hours drive of at least 8 Premier League clubs, including the old firm. Someone living in Aberdeen is within 1 hours drive of 1 Premier League club - Aberdeen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Question. If I send away the proxy form for someone, do they need to show anything at the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This, someone living in the central belt is likely within 1 hours drive of at least 8 Premier League clubs, including the old firm. Someone living in Aberdeen is within 1 hours drive of 1 Premier League club - Aberdeen.
    Doesn’t really explain why our commercial income is behind Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

How far behind is it?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

You're too quick to believe Budge's PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You're too quick to believe Budge's PR.

Their accounts show a higher commercial income than us.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Apart from anything else, all their catering (including pie stands) is in-house whereas ours isn't . Their income is higher but so are their outgoings, particularly staff costs.

We never show a breakdown of turnover though, so how can you compare?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    We never show a breakdown of turnover though, so how can you compare?
    Good question!!
    I just saw accounts this morning. There was a debate in summer about our wage bill. It's gone up again this year by another 19% bringing total increase to 85% in last 4 years. I remain convinced we're more than competitive with our lowly neighbours on wages paid & are not far behind Aberdeen. The cash flow & p & l numbers re intangible fixed assets (players) are also encouraging & show we've paid out decent money on acquisitions. Future plans & the AGM should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    How far behind is it?
    Hearts also have a catering company which caters for outside establishments like Turnhouse GC and Watsonians RFC. This could generate a couple of million but there will be considerable costs associated with it and not sure how much if anything it helps their profit.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Hearts also have a catering company which caters for outside establishments like Turnhouse GC and Watsonians RFC. This could generate a couple of million but there will be considerable costs associated with it and not sure how much if anything it helps their profit.
    I didn’t know that. I book Turnhouse GC once a year for a Xmas family function and have done for more than 10 years now. New venue next Xmas it is then.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    VAT gets brought up a lot on here whilst ignoring any other form of tax issues. Never really understood why.

I guess it's cause folk have heard of it whilst all the other stuff just goes over our heads.
    Don’t get me started on VAT!

Every time I, or my fellow antipodeans make a purchase from the Hibs shop we needlessly pay 20% more than we need to because of the licencees inadequate software!

Neither the club, nor the company gain anything, but if VAT appears on an invoice by law they must remit to Hector.

For purchasers outwith the EEC, VAT on goods purchased is not collectable by HMRC.

Have queried this unnecessary donation to Boris with the company, but while they have made sympathetic noises, nothing has changed.

Looking forward to the updates tomorrow night. 😁

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone know how the meeting in the Edinburgh suite went last night

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Anyone know how the meeting in the Edinburgh suite went last night
    Heard bits and bobs - nothing earth shattering. Prices for Edinburgh suite changing (getting rid off silver membership).

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Question. If I send away the proxy form for someone, do they need to show anything at the door?

I'd like to know the answer to your question too. I agreed to attend as a proxy for a mate but I don't have any info to show at the door.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to your question too. I agreed to attend as a proxy for a mate but I don't have any info to show at the door.
    I'm sure that they just have to give their name and the shareholder's.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I got a reply. If he sent the form away, all you need to do is show ID at the door.

All very dry this facts and figures stuff. Lets hope Mr Gordon has a few innovative cards up his sleeve regarding ways to raise money for the club and a few ambitions for the whole club that involve paying for a good team on the park and an even better stadium and training facility.

If it amounts to a rousing cry of 'pony up' to the fans and sod all else I for one will be pretty underwhelmed.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    All very dry this facts and figures stuff. Lets hope Mr Gordon has a few innovative cards up his sleeve regarding ways to raise money for the club and a few ambitions for the whole club that involve paying for a good team on the park and an even better stadium and training facility.

If it amounts to a rousing cry of 'pony up' to the fans and sod all else I for one will be pretty underwhelmed.
    Club need to convince me to buy a ST for next season nevermind any additional funds they'd like from me. I wont be alone in this. Football fans largely want good football on the park and this season has been pretty dire. Even now our football is like when Hecky first took over, not great but grinding out decent enough results.

I hope for big ideas and plans but trying to avoid the whole thing tbh as I suspect this build up will not match what is delivered. Small changes here and there is what I keep trying to tell myself. It's the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Club need to convince me to buy a ST for next season nevermind any additional funds they'd like from me. I wont be alone in this. Football fans largely want good football on the park and this season has been pretty dire. Even now our football is like when Hecky first took over, not great but grinding out decent enough results.

I hope for big ideas and plans but trying to avoid the whole thing tbh as I suspect this build up will not match what is delivered. Small changes here and there is what I keep trying to tell myself. It's the hope that kills you.
    I actually enjoy our football just now.

Agm will likely be dominated by question to Jack Ross as is usually the case.
    Big issues for me are the commercial income and why it’s so lacking. I think this will be the main thrust of what the club are presenting at it anyway though.
    Other area is the failure of our youth development over the last 6 years. This will only come up if someone asks about it though so hopefully someone will.

We have some poorer games, that’s to be expected. In the main our football is fairly decent now though, a team including Boyle, Allan, docherty and Newell behind guys like Doidge and McNulty is fairly expansive and it’s not like we’re just punting balls aimlessly up to them.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    We have some poorer games, that’s to be expected. In the main our football is fairly decent now though, a team including Boyle, Allan, docherty and Newell behind guys like Doidge and McNulty is fairly expansive and it’s not like we’re just punting balls aimlessly up to them.
    Our passive defending and our weak midfield have made football quite boring for me. We retreated very fast against Livingston for example. Our opponents get easy possession up to the half way line. It would be fine if we didn’t gift goals but we do. Our reliance on Boyle is worrying as I think he will go soon. For weeks now, we’ve had a gaping hole in midfield with 4-5 players standing in attack while our defenders pass it across the back looking for a pass forward. The football has been far worse than it is now but it still isn’t great. Beyond Boyle we have very few players that take a man on, the turn sideways or backwards is extremely boring. We are fortunate that the league in general has been poor - Hearts and Aberdeen have had poor seasons. The former especially.

No point generating more funds if you don’t remediate the summer transfer window problems. That’s 3 years running we’ve had to do fairly substantial “fixing” of the squad to save our season. There is much about the club credit worthy, things are not doom and gloom as my post probably suggests but let’s not kid ourselves we are already very much a mid table club and Aberdeen and Hearts are very unlikely to continue plodding along in the same way for too much longer.

I still maintain Hibs should have a footballing philosophy, a style of play that defines the club. Probably stupid but I don’t see how you truly grow a football club in all ways without also becoming known for something on a football park - greenest club in Scotland will only go so far. Hope there is big news coming as we have a finance gap that won’t be filled by fans without some exceptional convincing, just ask HSL.

I actually enjoy our football just now.

Agm will likely be dominated by question to Jack Ross as is usually the case.
    Big issues for me are the commercial income and why it’s so lacking. I think this will be the main thrust of what the club are presenting at it anyway though.
    Other area is the failure of our youth development over the last 6 years. This will only come up if someone asks about it though so hopefully someone will.

It seems that you’re happy to continually repeat the claim that our commercial income is miles behind Hearts and Aberdeen, despite not having any up to date information supporting that.

Hopefully the AGM and accounts will help clarify but the important thing is the wage bill and how that compares. I’d wager we’re not a million miles away from Aberdeen and Hearts and we’re spending more every year.

If Hibs finish 4th or 5th this year it’ll be the best performance over a 3 year period for about 50 years. A great platform to build on now that we have another good manager in place.

In terms of entertainment, we’ve scored 2 or more goals in something like 80% of our home games this season. The football is certainly not dire. I’m not sure what you’re hoping for to be honest? There’s lots to be positive about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It seems that you’re happy to continually repeat the claim that our commercial income is miles behind Hearts and Aberdeen, despite not having any up to date information supporting that.

Hopefully the AGM and accounts will help clarify but the important thing is the wage bill and how that compares. I’d wager we’re not a million miles away from Aberdeen and Hearts and we’re spending more every year.
    Aberdeen’s turnover was 50% + more than ours and their attendances were lower than ours. It’s delivering a better team on the pitch for them. I’d like to know why?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    If Hibs finish 4th or 5th this year it’ll be the best performance over a 3 year period for about 50 years. A great platform to build on now that we have another good manager in place.

In terms of entertainment, we’ve scored 2 or more goals in something like 80% of our home games this season. The football is certainly not dire. I’m not sure what you’re hoping for to be honest? There’s lots to be positive about.
    A platform that on the face of it looks more stable than 3 seasons saved by January signings and managerial changes? As I said, things aren’t awful, far from it but if this is truly a position of strength then we should push to further it. Porteous looks like the first Hibs youngster (not recruited from competitor) to make it in a few years but he hasn’t developed particularly well over the last 18 months and our youth development has a poor track record of developing players good enough for Hibs. Booth, Stanton and Shaw are a few recent ones of a far bigger list.

Football was more entertaining under Stubbs and Lennon. It isn’t awful now but we’ve been fortunate equal sized clubs have been poor this season.

Aberdeen’s turnover was 50% + more than ours and their attendances were lower than ours. It’s delivering a better team on the pitch for them. I’d like to know why?
    Aberdeen and Hearts both run their own stadium catering, which will account for a large chunk of the difference. But that also means their costs are far higher as they pay all the staffing and purchasing costs.

They’ve also had some huge external cash donations, but I’m not sure if that’s included in their turnover figures - maybe someone can confirm?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Whose accounts are these?

If it’s Hearts, where are the massive donations which are propping them up?

Our passive defending and our weak midfield have made football quite boring for me. We retreated very fast against Livingston for example. Our opponents get easy possession up to the half way line. It would be fine if we didn’t gift goals but we do. Our reliance on Boyle is worrying as I think he will go soon. For weeks now, we’ve had a gaping hole in midfield with 4-5 players standing in attack while our defenders pass it across the back looking for a pass forward. The football has been far worse than it is now but it still isn’t great. Beyond Boyle we have very few players that take a man on, the turn sideways or backwards is extremely boring. We are fortunate that the league in general has been poor - Hearts and Aberdeen have had poor seasons. The former especially.

No point generating more funds if you don’t remediate the summer transfer window problems. That’s 3 years running we’ve had to do fairly substantial “fixing” of the squad to save our season. There is much about the club credit worthy, things are not doom and gloom as my post probably suggests but let’s not kid ourselves we are already very much a mid table club and Aberdeen and Hearts are very unlikely to continue plodding along in the same way for too much longer.

I still maintain Hibs should have a footballing philosophy, a style of play that defines the club. Probably stupid but I don’t see how you truly grow a football club in all ways without also becoming known for something on a football park - greenest club in Scotland will only go so far. Hope there is big news coming as we have a finance gap that won’t be filled by fans without some exceptional convincing, just ask HSL.
    All in your opinion. Our summer recruits took time to get going, one or two failed and have since left. We are scoring goals regularly. We are creating many chances. You mention we are weak etc, we failed to recruit a sitting midfielder in the summer, we now have Omeonga and docherty who can get around the middle of the park.

I enjoy watching us play, and more importantly, I can see how Ross wants us to play going forward. 2 semi finals and a top 6 finish minimum should satisfy us, we can be thoroughly pleased with our work if we get anymore out the season than that after our year up til November.